• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

ShogunX

Absolutely terrible second half. Couldn't have hoped for Southampton to out in a worse performance, and we did absolutely fuck all to take advantage, and could easily have ended up dropping points

Think I might of watched a different game. Thought we did enough in the second half to secure a vital 3 points and really should of put away a couple of chances that league teams players would be finishing. Southampton hardly threatened and the result was never really in doubt.

Suarez booked for being Suarez and now misses the away trip to West Ham. Silly man and he looked really frustrated today.

Wilbur

Banned
I like fuck bayern or free elsk. Only so the Bayern fans don't cry if they're not in the title.

Or something Christmassy would be nice

faridmon

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Bender - Blaszczykowski, Götze, Reus - Lewandowski

Bayern is already dead.

g9Z7k.jpg

Linius

I like fuck bayern or free elsk. Only so the Bayern fans don't cry if they're not in the title.

Or something Christmassy would be nice

We'll get a new thread before christmas right?

Doesn't matter anyway, the world is gone to shit before it's christmas.

Think I might of watched a different game. Thought we did enough in the second half to secure a vital 3 points and really should of put away a couple of chances that league teams players would be finishing. Southampton hardly threatened and the result was never really in doubt.

Suarez booked for being Suarez and now misses the away trip to West Ham. Silly man and he looked really frustrated today.

We still dominated, but we didn't test their keeper any where near enough in the second half. And though Southampton never really looked like scoring, its poor to go into the last 5 minutes leading by just a single goal like that. It will bite us on the arse at some point this season

Wilbur

Banned
mine is topical and seasonal fuck yiz all im going to drink and playing wanking dead

OT9| Tis the season to support anyone but Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, QPR, Madrid, Milan, Bilbao, Roma and Bayern because fuck Bayern

PJX

Can't disagree with this here. I thought we played really well but again can't put away our chances.

And Suarez does look really tired and needs a rest. We really need an out and out striker to support him. Will be interesting to see what Rodgers does in the transfer window.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OT9| Tis the season to support anyone but Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, QPR, Madrid, Milan, Bilbao, Roma and Bayern because fuck Bayern
No one elsk is left to support!

Elsk's name is a goldmine for puns.

I wonder how we'll do without Suarez vs West Ham. Play Gerrard up front?

Fuck that. His mind seems to be half a second behind these days. It costs us when he's in the middle, and it'd render him useless up front imo. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't play anyone as a striker at all, and had the front 3 share responsibility for getting into the box

Labadal

Fuck that. His mind seems to be half a second behind these days. It costs us when he's in the middle, and it'd render him useless up front imo. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't play anyone as a striker at all, and had the front 3 share responsibility for getting into the box

Oh, I don't want him upfron, but that's what I think Rodgers will do.

I'd like to see Assaidi-Yesil/Morgan-Sterling.

I know the central options is just my wishful thinking, but what the hell, give them a shot at first team football. They at least should have some goal instincts.

sohois

Both Stirling and Suarez looked tired today, they both need resting. Suarez will be enforced, though he will surely play against Udinese anyway so it will be questionable how much he will recover with the game off.

With Stirling the situation is just a bit silly. Rodgers seems to be treating him as though he has already made it, proven his potential and become world class. But really he is still just a 17 year old with a lot still to do, a very good winger already but no better than some of the other options. He should have been used more sparingly. It would be nice to see more of Assaidi particularly.

Both Stirling and Suarez looked tired today, they both need resting. Suarez will be enforced, though he will surely play against Udinese anyway so it will be questionable how much he will recover with the game off.

With Stirling the situation is just a bit silly. Rodgers seems to be treating him as though he has already made it, proven his potential and become world class. But really he is still just a 17 year old with a lot still to do, a very good winger already but no better than some of the other options. He should have been used more sparingly. It would be nice to see more of Assaidi particularly.

Leave Sterling at home midweek, give Suso a start.

Assaidi - Yesil - Sterling

against West Ham. I expect we'll lose without Suarez regardless

Labadal

Assaidi should get more games, I agree. He looks lively when he's on, but he's not getting played enough to get match fit. He'll probably play Joe Cole in our next game, ugh.

Top Bottom