• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I would have said you'd have to be mad to pick Torres yesterday but after that performance I have some hope. Don't think he'll be consistent over the season though, He'll get a stupid red card and turn back to shit again but who knows.

haha yeah, hope that doesn't happen :(

Now that Drogba's gone, he'll start most matches and he's got the players behind him who could supply him. Plus he was up against Kompany today and I thought he did pretty well. Could see him getting 20+ goals. Think Podolski will do well too and he'll pretty much take most penalties Arsenal get which is a bonus.

Salazar

Plus he was up against Kompany today and I thought he did pretty well.

Largely a question, as it was last season, of giving him the ball with pace on it, or when he's on the move. Standing-start Torres is a bust. Still a ridiculously lethal player on the break, you can tell.

Meier

Liam didn't sound great.. but there is never, ever going to be a Radiohead song that will ever elicit a response like Wonderwall. Greatest song of the past three or four decades.

Messi

I wouldn't pick two strikers who play for the same team but thats just what I prefer. What formation you going with?

4-4-2 but I am not finished playing with it.

Went with:

Vorm
David Luiz - Ashley Cole - Williams - Shawcross (those two I needed to get the mids I wanted)
Valencia - Yaya - Kagawa - Arteta
Aguero - Tevez

I really don't like that backline but money is tight.

Salvadora

Liam didn't sound great.. but there is never, ever going to be a Radiohead song that will ever elicit a response like Wonderwall. Greatest song of the past three or four decades.

UdMkB.gif

K1LLER7

4-4-2 but I am not finished playing with it.

Went with:

Vorm
David Luiz - Ashley Cole - Williams - Shawcross (those two I needed to get the mids I wanted)
Valencia - Yaya - Kagawa - Arteta
Aguero - Tevez

I really don't like that backline but money is tight.
I'm going 3-4-3 (not sure but midfilders and strikers seem to get most points)

Friedel
Santon - Skrtel - Clichy
Kagawa - Allen - Bale - Silva
Podoski - Tevez - Torres

edit: Santon only costs 5

Messi

ctjNE.gif

I had to read this a few times to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

What are you smoking? because I want to avoid that shit.

Messi

I'm going 3-4-3 (not sure but midfilders and strikers seem to get most points)

Friedel
Santon - Skrtel - Clichy
Kagawa - Allen - Bale - Silva
Podoski - Tevez - Torres

edit: Santon only costs 5

So you think I swap him for Santon?

The lack of Tony V in your team shames you.

K1LLER7

So you think I swap him for Santon?

The lack of Tony V in your team shames you.

Not seen much of Santon in pre-season but he looked good last season. Newcastle were pretty good defensively.

With Tony.V, don't trust Fagie and his line-ups :)

Bale, Silva and Kagawa will get more goals, Allen's the cheap option (5.5) so I can get the strikers.

Torres is in my FF team. He's only there for GW1 though because he's gonna have to make way for WAZZA.

I'm backing Torres to have a good season. He'll score 20 goals for Chelsea across all comps.

elsk

Banned
Love the dude, his attitude is fantastic.

Yes! I can't stand Kroos, tho, the guy barely gives a shit. His work rate is so poor... I've never seen something like that in professional football before.

Can't wait for Jupp to leave so we can stop using Kroos when he's shit.

Zabojnik

hey you guys got another 1.7 million just for the loan lol.

I know, better than nothing I suppose. Should have sold him for 5M€ to Gala. Next year he's gonna go for even less, last year of contract and all that. The new Amauri / Tiago. If you ever hear your club is thinking about signing Alessio Secco as sporting director, FUCKING RUN.

Constant pressure and movement and we actually play well, crazy that all it took was a semi competent coach and we suddenly play better than last season where we actually had a better team.

i7p0EK4bA4TFL.gif

and Dame N'Doye has been replayed by a 19 year old from our own academy, he's pretty much scoring in every match and has just been brilliant so far.

ip5Q86KiKJX9H.gif

ATF487

I don't think you or Arnie get to have opinions on music anymore

Lightning

Banned
Very happy with the showing of our squad today. Cazorla fits in perfectly, as expected, Podolski scored twice and Arsenal fans gave RVP the reception he deserved. Wenger still sticks by him though... Why? RVP put a dagger into Wenger yet he still stands by him...

Lightning

Banned
Today was an example though to why I desperately want us to sign Sahin. Arteta didn't play because he was injured again... really don't want this to happen when the season starts.

Anyone have any info on how serious this injury is? Hopefully he didn't play today because of a precaution...

He has to make it seem permanently like it's United's move. That is to say, United's bid increase.

Hoping that Arsenal's board see sense, see beyond this daft fucking grudge, and cash in.
Fuck United. 25mil or United can go screw themselves...

G17

Positive words, but this is a man who said that we weren't going after Cazorla. I hope Robin stays even if he runs out his contract.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/wenger-we-still-want-to-keep-van-persie/

Wenger: we still want to keep van Persie

“There’s no news on van Persie. Our fans want him to stay so you can understand they are excited. Anything I could say about van Persie would be a lie because he’s our player and that’s it.

“Robin scored 30 goals last season and you want to keep your best players. He was player of the year in England. We want to keep him. I cannot tell you more at the moment because I don’t know more.

“We have not bought the players to replace van Persie, but to strengthen our squad with the thinking van Persie will stay. That’s still my mind at the moment.”

Salazar

Bollocks to 25m. 20 is extortion.

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
Eden #Hazard relaxed after #CFC debut. 'I feel at ease,confident, quickly integrated here. The players are super-cool,' he tells L'Equipe

lol

jtb

Banned
Positive words, but this is a man who said that we weren't going after Cazorla. I hope Robin stays even if he runs out his contract.

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/wenger-we-still-want-to-keep-van-persie/

I can't take anything Wenger says (especially transfer related) seriously because, let's face it, he probably has very little control over these things. Just get one of M'Vila/Sahin + a full back in and RVP can fuck off for free next year or fuck off for 20-25m now. "Let's rely on the most inconsistent, hot-headed, injury prone player in the Premier League" is not and never will be a solid plan and if he can't realize that, then all hope is lost anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom