• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Bollocks to Man United. No RVP for you!!!!!!

I can't take anything Wenger says (especially transfer related) seriously because, let's face it, he probably has very little control over these things. Just get one of M'Vila/Sahin + a full back in and RVP can fuck off for free next year or fuck off for 20-25m now. "Let's rely on the most inconsistent, hot-headed, injury prone player in the Premier League" is not and never will be a solid plan and if he can't realize that, then all hope is lost anyways.
But we know he does have a lot of control over these things. Cesc confirmed that it was Wenger who pushed through that transfer when the board were prepared to say no. Whether Arsene is telling the truth in his interviews is another matter, personally I don't think he is, but he definitely has a lot of say over who comes and goes. Last year contract run downs are difficult because of the money involved so they may be different.

jtb

Banned

But we know he does have a lot of control over these things. Cesc confirmed that it was Wenger who pushed through that transfer when the board were prepared to say no. Whether Arsene is telling the truth in his interviews is another matter, personally I don't think he is, but he definitely has a lot of say over who comes and goes. Last year contract run downs are difficult because of the money involved so they may be different.

Yeah the Cesc saga was very disappointing. I am confident if the board/Wenger (whoever's to blame) had shown a shred of ambition in the past five years, he would have been fine with staying (or at least postponing his Barca dream for a bit longer). At this point, if Wenger has some power, it's seems it's only at showing his stars the door, for better or for worse. And if Wenger does have a say and does have money at his disposal (and chooses to rely on Diaby instead), then that is even more disappointing because his current attitude practically a dereliction of his job as manager. I understand wanting to give these players a chance, but it's got to be about winning first. Sahin. Right back. Djouru replacement. Now.

Also, Mexes: Do not want. He's got shades of Squillaci written all over him. Slow, old, ridiculous wages, and was shit at the Euros.

dc89

636276847.jpg

It's in the game.

*sells him to City*

Aaaah that new thread smell. Five more sleeps until it starts all over again.

GorillaJu

A Liverpool ITK who has called everything right thus far is saying that City hasn't given up on Agger, we're stepping up our efforts to sign Theo Walcott

and

Sahin is very close to signing a loan deal.

dc89

A Liverpool ITK who has called everything right thus far is saying that City hasn't given up on Agger, we're stepping up our efforts to sign Theo Walcott

and

Sahin is very close to signing a loan deal.

Of course they've not just 'give up'. City don't give up on anything.

Only on De Rossi, Martinez, Lavezzi & Hazard -________-

GorillaJu

Of course they've not just 'give up'. City don't give up on anything.

Only on De Rossi, Martinez, Lavezzi & Hazard -________-

Mancini is holding you back. Hazard didn't want to go to City, neither does RVP, nor Agger, despite the potential for the highest paychecks in their careers at those clubs.

It would be odd for him to choose Liverpool. Not as odd as the apparent lack of clubs concertedly angling for him, but odd.

Not really that strange. He's not tying down his future, he's looking at a loan. He's also teammates with Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso, and his manager is the man who hired Brendan Rodgers at Chelsea, who will all be advising him on where to go.

If it were a permanent deal, then yes I'd absolutely be questioning any rumors of Sahin signing, especially over Arsenal – but a loan deal sounds just about right.

Mastadon

Banned
Where would Sahin even fit in for Liverpool? I think he's a fantastic player, but it'd make much more sense for him to go to Arsenal or Spurs.

dc89

community%20shield%20lift.ashx

HYPED for the weekend now. I think the winners of that often go on to win the Premier League, obviously we didn't need it last year but whatever.

Zabojnik

Breaking Bad. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. That was ... I'll say amazing, but I'm feeling all sorts of things. Just masterful.

GorillaJu

Where would Sahin even fit in for Liverpool? I think he's a fantastic player, but it'd make much more sense for him to go to Arsenal or Spurs.

With Gerrard's injury record, we may be a little light in the midfield. We also have 70 games this year to play. Maybe he'd rotate with Lucas or Allen.

Truth told I can't quite figure it out, either. We aren't exactly hurting for a deep lying playmaker with our current system.

Maybe as a left back? >:)

dc89

Mancini is holding you back. Hazard didn't want to go to City, neither does RVP, nor Agger, despite the potential for the highest paychecks in their careers at those clubs.

How is Mancini holding us back? His record with City seems pretty good at the moment.

Or maybe those players just know how big the competition is at City and it doesn't have that much to do with Mancini? Unlike at City, Hazard is pretty much guaranteed a starting spot at Chelsea, also apparently Chelsea actually were willing to pay more for Hazard. The crazy hate for Mancini on here is pretty hilarious at times, most of the time it's completely unsubstantial.

GorillaJu

Or maybe those players just know how big the competition is at City and it doesn't have that much to do with Mancini? Unlike at City, Hazard is pretty much guaranteed a starting spot at Chelsea, also apparently Chelsea actually were willing to pay more for Hazard. The crazy hate for Mancini on here is pretty hilarious at times, most of the time it's completely unsubstantial.

Nope. You're wrong.

feel

Subscribed. You guys provide so much entertainment. <3

Laughing my ass off at Terry being in all these celebration pictures in the OP

Nyx

The first match of the season turned out in a dissapointing loss vs Feyenoord, 0-1.

Feyenoord played a bit better than we did, but the goal shouldn't have been allowed as there was an offside situation just before it.

Some pics:

m1mzvbma9rbh_396.jpg

600x400-je-1092008.jpg

286478header.jpg

Ofcourse it's only the first game of the season, and vs Feyenoord you can lose, but it seemed like the problems from last year are still there, a lack of creativity on the midfield and too static offensive players, meaning that the long pass was overused.

Oh well, next up, VVV Venlo away on Saturday.

PaulLFC

Couple of days old now so no doubt already posted, but reading this, I'm actually speechless.

Blackburn Rovers' global advisor Shebby Singh has launched a scathing attack on Morten Gamst Pedersen, saying he has not been contributing to the team and has lost his legs.

Whilst insisting that Pedersen has a clean slate at the start of a new season, Singh has warned the Norwegian that his career at the club could be in jeopardy.

Singh says the 30-year-old has not been able to adapt his game as he has got older and is no longer the force he once was.

Blackburn are keen to move forward with a batch of dynamic players and Singh has questioned whether Pedersen fits into that model.

Speaking at an open forum with fans organised by the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, Singh said: "Morten Gamst Pedersen used to be a fantastic left winger. Unfortunately he has not reinvented himself as a central midfielder.

"He has got a clean slate. He has lost his legs, he's not been contributing to the team.

"We want people who can run and run, and keep running for 90 minutes for the cause. We are not here to entertain big names, I am sorry, and this is why teams fail.

"Morten Gamst Pedersen, under Sam Allardyce, was possibly three years younger. Wingers lose their pace and if they can't reinvent themselves as central midfielders they are, quite literally, of no use.

"There are players who are past their sell-by-date. If this club wants to move forward, you need energy, you need vigour."

Singh also told fans that manager Steve Kean would be sacked if Blackburn lost three games in a row at the start of the season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7983551/

The video at the link is incredible. The comment about Cristiano Ronaldo...

bjaelke

The saga Modric is coming to an end. In recent days, Real Madrid and Tottenham have come very close positions on the economics of the transfer of Croatian. To the extent that money is no longer a problem for the Balkan wear white (the agreement is imminent). The transaction is expected to close around 32 million euros more variables, not the 38 that called for a few days ago Daniel Levy, president of the Spurs (started asking 45 to the PSG, which was offered that amount, he retired from bid to see who could not convince the player).

dc89

The Blackburn nonsense is hysterical.

Didn't the Venky's want to turn Blackburn into a champions league team and want to sign big names like Raul and Ronaldinho (hope I just didn't make that up).

Sorry, but you need big names if you want to so that!

Sorry Jeff!

dc89

Someone in OT1 asked for celebratory pictures, well here you are.

Holding%20image%20for%20bts%20celebration%20gallery.ashx

carlos%20hits%20the%20spot.ashx

Gael%20Celebrates.ashx

happy%20chappies.ashx

proud%20trophy%20winners.ashx

Dat Silverware, they just keep winning it.

sergio%20didnt%20realise%20how%20heavy%20it%20was.ashx

smiles%20for%20miles.ashx

three%20happy%20amigos.ashx

Wilbur

Banned
Not really that strange. He's not tying down his future, he's looking at a loan. He's also teammates with Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso, and his manager is the man who hired Brendan Rodgers at Chelsea, who will all be advising him on where to go.

Hold on there Kyoufu

ElyrionX

25m for RVP is insane. SAF has to have better judgment than that.

Also what does everyone think about City freezing Adebayor out of the squad to force him to move? Despicable or shrewd? Is it Mancini or the executives who are doing this?

dc89

25m for RVP is insane. SAF has to have better judgment than that.

Also what does everyone think about City freezing Adebayor out of the squad to force him to move? Despicable or shrewd? Is it Mancini or the executives who are doing this?

Adebayor has turned down so many chances to go and play first team football but he's just a greedy bastard. No sympathy for him from me.

Yup, City pay him ridiculous wages and Hughes and Co. are responsible for that but as a footballer surely you'd want to play. Spurs offered him very decent wages.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

He's been frozen out for the last two years. Mancini and Ade do not get along well after an incident where Mancini put him on for the last 15 seconds of a game and Ade told him not to bother in the future if he didn't want to play him. They had a spat and that was the end of him.

Ade will leave, he is simply trying to wring as much as he can out of them before he goes. He is not an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom