• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

i5ZqM.png

Solid performance by Fiorentina, Montella really is the most promising italian manager. Roma did an incredible mistake when they let him go, that guy is going to be huge.

Jovetic and Pasqual played some quality football, having the latter at Milan would've been awesome last year (this year he would've been objectively too good for our team).

Pirlo is finally showing that he can't handle all these close matches: it was inevitable, the fact that he rested almost the whole year in 2010/2011 made his first season with Juve much more easier. This Pirlo is the same Pirlo that played with us his last 3 years as a Rossonero. Disappointing but understandable.

pulga

Banned
Solid performance by Fiorentina, Montella really is the most promising italian manager. Roma did an incredible mistake when they let him go, that guy is going to be huge.

Jovetic and Pasqual played some quality football, having the latter at Milan would've been awesome last year (this year he would've been objectively too good for our team).

Pirlo is finally showing that he can't handle all these close matches: it was inevitable, the fact that he rested almost the whole year in 2010/2011 made his first season with Juve much more easier. This Pirlo is the same Pirlo that played with us his last 3 years as a Rossonero. Disappointing but understandable.

You wish. You'd gladly have him back and you know it.

Lightning

Banned
We're worse off. Not in form and we fucking lost our captain again... *_*
I hate United. Who cares what happens to them.

No need to gloat yet. Still early days. And weren't you big on loyalty to managers.
I am big on it. Just question the intelligence of such a contract. Mancini is an awesome character, gives great interviews and is very entertaining. Just that contract just blew me away.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Pulga/TheLucifer.
Juve's draw felt like being in the middle of a bukakke indeed.

Pirlo wasn't too bad, and he should've stayed really. We were losing the midfield because Giak was not having a good game there. It was easier to just switch his place with Asamoah but I guess Conte wanted to give Pirlo a rest?

Night again. :/

You wish. You'd gladly have him back and you know it.
Seeing Montolivo in our starting line-up makes me wish even for a one-legged completely blind Pirlo. But his performance tonight was way below his standards, and you know it too. And, iirc, these were his average performances his last years with us, when he was used to play a lot every year with Milan, plus Euros and World Cups with Italy.

Meier

Oh dear, 4-2. Mancini's decision to not care about this game just mean the guys who did play will be even more tired since they had to do 120 minutes. Nervous about Saturday now.
The defense will be utterly knackered since Rodwell couldn't play.

Oh dear, 4-2. Mancini's decision to not care about this game just mean the guys who did play will be even more tired since they had to do 120 minutes. Nervous about Saturday now.

Who played for City? I imagine whatever lineup they used would be good enough to win any game in the league, so why do you say Mancini didn't care about the League Cup?

Soi-Fong

Who played for City? I imagine whatever lineup they used would be good enough to win any game in the league, so why do you say Mancini didn't care about the League Cup?

From goal.com

MANCHESTER CITY: Pantilimon; Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Kolarov; Milner, Barry, Rodwell, Razak; Suarez, Tevez, Balotelli. Subs: Lescott, Dzeko, Sinclair, Wright, Scapuzzi, Helan, Evans

That's a low shot. You're into desperate mode. :lol

Low shot how exactly? A low shot would be a gif of Pienaar's equaliser at Old Trafford, a picture of an empty cupboard with some shitty caption under it, or any choice of gifs of Liverpool's multitude of fuck-ups in the last 3 and a bit seasons

dc89

Pantilimon, Lescottl, K. Toure (C), Nastasic, Barry, Razak, Suarez, Milner, Kolarov, Tevez, Balotelli

Rodwell was injured in the warm up. So Lescott took his place.

Fry

Low shot how exactly? A low shot would be a gif of Pienaar's equaliser at Old Trafford, a picture of an empty cupboard with some shitty caption under it, or any choice of gifs of Liverpool's multitude of fuck-ups in the last 3 and a bit seasons

Eerr..

team loses League Cup match
dude posts a gif of team winning Premier League

pulga

Banned
Seeing Montolivo in our starting line-up makes me wish even for a one-legged completely blind Pirlo. But his performance tonight was way below his standards, and you know it too. And, iirc, these were his average performances his last years with us, when he was used to play a lot every year with Milan, plus Euros and World Cups with Italy.

The whole team looked out of it really, I wont single out Pirlo. We do need to start resting him more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom