• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
Another thing that is bothering me
HQiWT.png

After updating to 4.2 this is what my browser looks like. an extra horizontal bar on top with an ugly ass extra loading bar on top that looks all weird. anybody else dealing with this? :(

Recently, Dolphin HD stopped opening the youtube app for me when I click on links via neogaf or whatever. Now it sends me straight to the actual youtube website.

Any ideas how I can get it to revert back to normal? As it stands, I have to copy the links, open a new tab and paste them in there for the youtube app to launch.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Recently, Dolphin HD stopped opening the youtube app for me when I click on links via neogaf or whatever. Now it sends me straight to the actual youtube website.

Any ideas how I can get it to revert back to normal? As it stands, I have to copy the links, open a new tab and paste them in there for the youtube app to launch.
It may sound weird, but try uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app.

Futureman

Just had to do my first battery pull and I've had this phone since June '12.

Pretty sure it's Spotify mucking things up. Had my first random reboot last week right after I installed Spotify. Meh.

also supplied USB cable barely even stays in anymore. What the hell? I'm using a Kindle USB cable that works a lot better.

VPhys

I get random reboots about twice a month. But what's more annoying is connection drops. About once, or on a bad day about 5x a day, I have to either reboot, or toggle the airplane mode on and off so the phone can get a data connection.

reKon

Banned
Dunno if anyones problems has to do with the 4.2, but I've been on 4.1.2 on AOKP's Milestone 1 with lean kernel and it has been working really well

Ah man I dropped my phone awkwardly yesterday and now when I try to charge it, I have to play with the cable a bunch of times to get it to work. Finally when it charges, if I unplug it it still shows I'm charging it. the charge time is also much longer now...

What are my options here, I bought the phone exactly one year and one week ago. Would it be possible to exchange it or get it repaired for free?

snacknuts

we all knew her
I have a GNex for Verizon for sale if anyone is interested. Looking for $200 shipped. Rooted and running Bugless Beast. PM me for pics, more info, etc.

kehs

Banned
So what's the deal with getting one of these for like $150/$200?

I think I want to give the ubuntu os a shot when they release their images in march.

SimleuqiR

So what's the deal with getting one of these for like $150/$200?

I think I want to give the ubuntu os a shot when they release their images in march.

I was going to sell mine, but it is such an awesome music streaming device (I have the dock with the audio out). Plus I'm going to hack the shit out of it.

What custom ROM is everyone using these days? I'm currently on the CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies, but having a known issue with charging, so need to move to something else?

How's Jelly Belly these days?

Futureman

told my friend who is clueless about tech to try the Nexus and GS III at the Verizon store, since they are very close spec wise but use slightly different software.

he said the Verizon guy told him people return the Nexus all the time with issues. Is that true? Never heard that and I've personally had basically zero issues with my since I bought it in June last year.

are they on commission and just trying to push the more expensive GS III?

thespot84

told my friend who is clueless about tech to try the Nexus and GS III at the Verizon store, since they are very close spec wise but use slightly different software.

he said the Verizon guy told him people return the Nexus all the time with issues. Is that true? Never heard that and I've personally had basically zero issues with my since I bought it in June last year.

are they on commission and just trying to push the more expensive GS III?

I'm on my 3rd, one had legitimate issues and one was returned because of a mistake I made.

My brother is on his 5th or 6th, but once you get one that works, it's awesome.

AOKP's JB-MR1 Build 1 for 4.2

So far so smooth.

Do you have the force close issues with the in-app back button?

3phemeral

I'm on my 3rd, one had legitimate issues and one was returned because of a mistake I made.

My brother is on his 5th or 6th, but once you get one that works, it's awesome.

Do you have the force close issues with the in-app back button?

I've been using AOKP MR1 for about a week now and haven't had any issues with it. Occasional lag, but I've had that with every ROM sans CM10.1, which eventually became laggy (i suspect their autoupdate feature isn't as fullproof as they say it is). I would have done a full wipe and resinstalled but I saw AOKP came out with a new JB build and stuck with it so far. I'm really loving the navbar widget feature. Nothing with forecloses or anything like that.

Futureman

so Verizon doesn't sell the GNex anymore.

do you think anyone still on stock Verizon GNex will get 5.0 KLP or whatever is next?

I really didn't want to have to root and do the custom ROM route, but if they aren't selling the phone anymore, it might be unlikely that they will go to the trouble of testing 5.0.

gutshot

so Verizon doesn't sell the GNex anymore.

do you think anyone still on stock Verizon GNex will get 5.0 KLP or whatever is next?

I really didn't want to have to root and do the custom ROM route, but if they aren't selling the phone anymore, it might be unlikely that they will go to the trouble of testing 5.0.

We're still waiting for 4.2, so I highly doubt we'll get 5.0 when it releases. By then your contract should be up though, so you could get a Nexus straight from Google. That's probably what I'll be doing.

Futureman

my contract won't be up until June 2014. But whatever. Guess I'll root AND MAYBE GO TO JAIL if they don't push KLP to the Verizon GNex.

daoster

We're still waiting for 4.2, so I highly doubt we'll get 5.0 when it releases. By then your contract should be up though, so you could get a Nexus straight from Google. That's probably what I'll be doing.

I will do that only if it supports LTE and is able to be on CDMA networks like Verizon.

Which is never.

I kinda want to jump ship from Verizon, but I got unlimited data, and it feels too good :(

NH Apache

Banned
I will do that only if it supports LTE and is able to be on CDMA networks like Verizon.

Which is never.

I kinda want to jump ship from Verizon, but I got unlimited data, and it feels too good :(

Same here, but come the next upgrade I'm going to have to get rid of it or pay straight out for a phone. It's bad when I am starting to seriously consider Sprint.

Also, was walking out to my car today in a huge downpour and heard my phone fall out of my pocket as I got in my car. Looked around for it and couldn't find it. About a minute later, I spot it sitting in a pool of water just outside the car. Freaking out, I quickly grab it, shut it off, and wrap it with napkins that I keep in the car.

Turn it back on and it's fine. Cracked glass, swimming in puddles....I'm having a hard time killing this phone.

NH Apache

Banned
So, somewhat of a dp but yesterday, randomly, my phone had an empty triangle where the signal strength should be.

I tried everything:

Switched between Cdma/lte
reboots
Resetting the sim card
Etc

Called vzw tech from my Gmail and was immediately escalated to level 2 tech support after telling the initial rep about what I've tried already.

Level 2 mostly focused on service side possibilities as my phone said it was connected to the mobile network but not connecting to the network. The dbm would also change which indicated the radio was functional.

After 40 minutes on the call, she suggested I reset but warned me I would lose everything. I had to tell her about the picasa auto backup (and drop box for that matter) and how contacts sync via Gmail. I did the reset and it still failed, no connection.

She put in a NB ticket and supposedly being reviewed today. I call back today and if service side is good, they are going to send me a replacement overnight due to my extended warranty included in the insurance.

Pretty good cust service experience just bummed that I'm without a phone for a couple of days. I feel so naked. Also, I may not be able to log into my Gmail without my phone due to 2 step authorization.

Odd error though.

thespot84

So, somewhat of a dp but yesterday, randomly, my phone had an empty triangle where the signal strength should be.

I tried everything:

Switched between Cdma/lte
reboots
Resetting the sim card
Etc

Called vzw tech from my Gmail and was immediately escalated to level 2 tech support after telling the initial rep about what I've tried already.

Level 2 mostly focused on service side possibilities as my phone said it was connected to the mobile network but not connecting to the network. The dbm would also change which indicated the radio was functional.

After 40 minutes on the call, she suggested I reset but warned me I would lose everything. I had to tell her about the picasa auto backup (and drop box for that matter) and how contacts sync via Gmail. I did the reset and it still failed, no connection.

She put in a NB ticket and supposedly being reviewed today. I call back today and if service side is good, they are going to send me a replacement overnight due to my extended warranty included in the insurance.

Pretty good cust service experience just bummed that I'm without a phone for a couple of days. I feel so naked. Also, I may not be able to log into my Gmail without my phone due to 2 step authorization.

Odd error though.

2-step has now has a feature to swap phones, but you need to have been logged in to do it. no backup codes?

NH Apache

Banned
2-step has now has a feature to swap phones, but you need to have been logged in to do it. no backup codes?

No backup codes, but I did give my personal comp authority for 30 days so I shoould be good for a bit...I just can't clear cache. I'll grab some backup codes now and throw it in my dropbox for safekeeping.

Just called them back for an update, as It's been 24 hours since I initiated the ticket. He said wait until Sunday to call back if I haven't been contacted beforehand. 4 days without a phone, I think I'm having withdrawal.

VPhys

Anyone having problems tethering lately. For the past three days my free teathering apps have been spotty at best. Methinks Verizon is up to something but a search on the web reveals nothing.

thespot84

Anyone having problems tethering lately. For the past three days my free teathering apps have been spotty at best. Methinks Verizon is up to something but a search on the web reveals nothing.

I'm rooted so I use built-in tether, but in the past I've used fox-fi, which worked great. What are you using?

VPhys

Portable wifi hotspot widget. Odd but it's back working now. That was a strange 2 days.

Previously I've used foxfi also, was a great app until Verizon broke it with the update to jellybean.

My battery life has been exceptionally bad recently, even using powersave mode with Faux's kernal, so I just swapped out the battery with a 3,800 mAh one. The hump in the back is pretty ugly, but if it gives me a long battery life, I'll live with it.

My battery life has been exceptionally bad recently, even using powersave mode with Faux's kernal, so I just swapped out the battery with a 3,800 mAh one. The hump in the back is pretty ugly, but if it gives me a long battery life, I'll live with it.

How bad is the hump? Do you have any link?

I bought an extended battery and although it definitely improves the battery I could still use some more.

Top Bottom