• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HS Wrestler refuses to hit a Girl, forfeits match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreams-Visions said:
there's absolutely no reason to suggest or assume he's "too weak" to wrestle her. He just doesn't want to hurt a girl.

...because clearly this is the first time she's ever engaged in any sporting activity, and should be sitting in a separate room doing needlework.

By refusing to compete against her he completely disrespected her - far more painful than any injury she would likely have endured - if any.

... his FAITH!?!?!

"...though shalt not suffer a woman to wrestle" ??

ant1532

Banned
Jokergrin said:
Girl_beer_LegSweep.gif
oh god can you link the original video please?

markatisu

Eteric Rice said:
I don't hit girls. : /

Its wrestling not boxing, unless you are in the WWE there is no punching so it was a total bitch move by the guy.

He was just a pussy afraid to lose to a girl

I wrestled a girl in high school. It was 165lb. weight class. Bitch pinned me in the 3rd. Fuck this dude for being a pussy and not trying.

Also, the 30-40 seconds of doing a neck bridge while I motor-boated her before the ref called the pin was one of the most glorious moments of my life. I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't call the pin earlier is because he knew it would be the only redemption I would get.

Jerk

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
nah. he just has principles that supersede sport.

there's absolutely no reason to suggest or assume he's "too weak" to wrestle her. He just doesn't want to hurt a girl.

there's a reason why in most sports, girls have their own division.
I'm surprised that's not the topic of discussion here more than his "toughness".

Other than the inability for the average woman to physically compete, there is no other reason.

So lacking in a woman's division and being physically capable, there is no reason why she should not be allowed to compete against men.

His (an yours) views on women is cute, but those values were based on the fact that women usually were always physically inferior. They sort of do not hold up when the woman can easily hold her own.

Fuck, if that woman walked up to me and spit in my face, I would go to town on her.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
thoughthorizon said:
Agreed.

In judo and jujitsu I used to train with girls all the time... skill and gender are unrelated.
yep, my partner in my jujitsu class was female, you get over the 'dont hit a girl' mentality real quick when someone 1/3rd your size tosses you over her shoulder and lays you out.

markatisu

Coming from Iowa I got to hear a few old people's take on it and even they think he wussed out. Their feeling was if she was sanctioned to compete then he should have wrestled her.

Nobody buys this "faith" bullshit, wrestling is technical but this dude acts as if she was a delicate flower

markatisu said:
Coming from Iowa I got to hear a few old people's take on it and even they think he wussed out. Their feeling was if she was sanctioned to compete then he should have wrestled her.

Nobody buys this "faith" bullshit, wrestling is technical but this dude acts as if she was a delicate flower

I don't know, she's still a female and many people would have a hard time doing anything aggressive(especially in a competition) against someone they are not accustomed to doing it against.

I think it's easy for most here to say he's a chicken but I wonder how many of these people would have no problem with "fighting" her in reality.

markatisu

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I don't know, she's still a female and many people would have a hard time doing anything aggressive(especially in a competition) against someone they are not accustomed to doing it against.

I think it's easy for most here to say he's a chicken but I wonder how many of these people would have no problem with "fighting" her in reality.

Its not fighting, damnit I wish people would stop acting as if this is boxing or MMA

Its wrestling, do people even know what they are talking about.

The tournament is a competition, the girl wanted to be in and qualified. The way some of you make it out to be this girl has no training or knowledge of wrestling

markatisu said:
Its not fighting, damnit I wish people would stop acting as if this is boxing or MMA

The tournament is a competition, the girl wanted to be in and qualified. The way some of you make it out to be this girl has no training or knowledge of wrestling
Wrestling is pretty sexual.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
markatisu said:

Dude have you ever seen the shit? They don't punch, but they do kick and slap each-other's chests till their eye's open real wide.

markatisu said:

I've wrestled before and watched better wrestlers in person and it's really aggressive.

It's not so much "chess with people" like you make it out to be.

Iceman

I wrestled for a year in high school. We were.. agressively coached. We were taught to attack the knee immediately, and once grasped, at the ankle, pull back and use pain on the ankle and the knee to manipulate the opponent onto their chests.

Leveraging with pain is what we practiced for three hours a day.

I'm not sure I would have gone with that approach if matched up with a girl. It was hard enough to psych myself up to dive for a guy's leg.

And how many other moves involved hammering at the opponent's arms (breaking them at the elbow) or throwing them to the mat.. I saw so many broken fingers.. just in one season.

Vicious sport. Fun, but vicious.

jaxword

PsychoRaven said:
I have to the give the kid props for standing up for his values. From what I've read she was ok with it and understood. Wonder how far she ended up making it though.

She has a very wide frame for a girl in the pics.

If he has experience, it's logical he knew he'd lose against guys who are bigger. However, when you go against a tougher guy and lose, you still look "tough".

Losing against a girl would be devastating to someone in that sport, which is pretty masculine at its core. Just imagine how horribly taunted he would have been in the locker room.

Seems more likely that it was him coming up with a clever way on the spot to save face.

Shanadeus

Banned
Brettison said:
Yeah I was wondering how this was even possible honestly...
Looking at the OP picture the man doesn't look like he have that much of an advantage over the woman biologically speaking.
Heck, her smaller statue might even be a help and make it easier for her to grapple/slide/hook/etc.

Is it weird that this thread is making me go (play) wrestle my girlfriend right now? she's no Tomboy or anything and I can definitely take her on, but I am getting this strange arousal by this story!!! ...weird..sorry to freak people out...

jorma

is now taking requests
Iceman said:
I wrestled for a year in high school. We were.. agressively coached. We were taught to attack the knee immediately, and once grasped, at the ankle, pull back and use pain on the ankle and the knee to manipulate the opponent onto their chests.

Leveraging with pain is what we practiced for three hours a day.

I'm not sure I would have gone with that approach if matched up with a girl. It was hard enough to psych myself up to dive for a guy's leg.

Do you think it would have been easier to psych yourself up to wrestle a woman if she wore a sluttier outfit to the contest?

Just an idea.

Darklord

Banned
I bet the girl was pissed off. You want to compete but some idiot forfeits because he doesn't want to hit you. It's condescending and insulting in a sport like this.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What the hell is this? "Not wanting to hit her?"

This is no White Knight or Mister Gentleman Nice Guy. This is straight out utterly condescending and incredibly insulting. I bet his opponent was pretty pissed.

AceBandage said:
Well, there's really no hitting in wrestling either.
It's like sex with unitards.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... lame excuse. I would totally cook a turkey for Thanksgiving, but I don't eat pork. OK, I just don't feel like cooking.

C4Lukins

That is a hard situation to be in. He fights her and wins, and he gets little respect. He fights her and loses and it is the ultimate humiliation. He forfeits and he appears to be sexist, a giant pussy, or somewhat noble for not wanting to have a violent encounter with a female. It is just a no win situation for the guy. It is a hard spot to be put in.

Pretty obvious what would have happened if he'd lost, but what if he won?

His classmates, school constantly goad him about beating a girl and then there's the sinister flip-side....

How long until her school/coaches/parents/onlookers raise concerns about his behaviour during the match? His inappropriate touching or his hand too close to her crotch area and so on.

Shit like that would ruin him.

I'm not saying it would happen, but seeing as HS wrestling is pretty competitive in the US, I wouldn't put it past a few people to go down that route if she lost.

Binabik15

KO Traveling Hobo said:
Probably was afraid of groping her.

SmokyDave said:
I wouldn't hit a girl but I'd sure as hell wrestle one. 'Round my way that's considered healthy foreplay.

qJd1V.jpg

I think my personal willingness to "hit" girls depends on the sport.

I´ve practiced self-deense with girls and that´s okay, but I wouldn´t roll over the floor in skin tight skimpy costumes with one in front of a huge crowd. Not in a sport where buttingering is involved.

jorma

is now taking requests
Binabik15 said:
qJd1V.jpg

I think my personal willingness to "hit" girls depends on the sport.

I´ve practiced self-deense with girls and that´s okay, but I wouldn´t roll over the floor in skin tight skimpy costumes with one in front of a huge crowd. Not in a sport where buttingering is involved.

Call me a homophobe all you want, but if buttfingering is involved i'd much rather have it from a girl opponent.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Speedymanic said:
Pretty obvious what would have happened if he'd lost, but what if he won?

His classmates, school constantly goad him about beating a girl and then there's the sinister flip-side....

How long until her school/coaches/parents/onlookers raise concerns about his behaviour during the match? His inappropriate touching or his hand too close to her crotch area and so on.

Shit like that would ruin him.

I'm not saying it would happen, but seeing as HS wrestling is pretty competitive in the US, I wouldn't put it past a few people to go down that route if she lost.
?
She wants to wrestle then does everything she needs to do in order to qualify and participate in said event. Oblige her. Win or lose, she deserves the same respect that anyone gets should they get on the mat regardless if there's a division for women or not in that area.

louis89

What if there was a guy who was physically weaker than a particular girl? Would it be wrong to hit him too?

ToxicAdam

I'm not a wrestling guy, but you do not bow out at one of the most prestigious wrestling tournaments in the country over this bullshit. That guy should feel ashamed for quitting and his coach should have made him feel like shit.

Hiding behind "faith" is just a cowardly way to avoid criticism.

DY_nasty said:
?
She wants to wrestle then does everything she needs to do in order to qualify and participate in said event. Oblige her. Win or lose, she deserves the same respect that anyone gets should they get on the mat regardless if there's a division for women or not in that area.

Agreed. He should have gone ahead with the match, but I'm sure he was also thinking about the various outcomes and possibilities had he gone through with the match and won/lost.

Using his 'faith' is just an excuse, I'm sure he was more worried about the fallout after the match.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
louis89 said:
What if there was a guy who was physically weaker than a particular girl? Would it be wrong to hit him too?
That would be no man, but a nerd. Nerds aren't human, so it's all good.

DY_nasty

Speedymanic said:
Using his 'faith' is just an excuse, I'm sure he was more worried about the fallout after the match if he ended up losing.

DY_nasty said:

I'm sure the fallout would have been just as bad if he won.

Unwanted erection, claims of inappropriate touching leading to said erection, girl being convinced by her coach/parents to claim she lost as he was touching her inappropriately, forcing his erection on her, and so on...never put it past people to shit up shit.

Dead Man

thoughthorizon said:
...because clearly this is the first time she's ever engaged in any sporting activity, and should be sitting in a separate room doing needlework.

By refusing to compete against her he completely disrespected her - far more painful than any injury she would likely have endured - if any.

... his FAITH!?!?!

"...though shalt not suffer a woman to wrestle" ??
Pretty much.

Big Baybee said:
If I was in that situation, I wouldn't have done it either. I don't think thats sexist.
Actually, that is exactly what it is. Whether you think that particular sexism is bad is the question.

Speedymanic said:
I'm sure the fallout would have been just as bad if he won.

Unwanted erection, claims of inappropriate touching leading to said erection, girl being convinced by her coach/parents to claim she lost as he was touching her inappropriately, forcing his erection on her, and so on...never put it past people to shit up shit.
You make it sound like no girl has ever lost a wrestling match to a boy before.

DY_nasty

Its also obvious that he forgot to bring his sonnets.

The only option was to forfeit in shame.

JoeBoy101

jorma said:
Call me a homophobe all you want, but if buttfingering is involved i'd much rather have it from a girl opponent.

I was against this, but Jorma presents a compelling case. If an opponent is going for the crotch grab, might as well be a girl.

"And oh, while you're down there..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom