• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2K5 Online Season: LeagueName = "LastCallLeague" / Password = "pass" SIGN UP NOW!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I don't like jokes about me cheesing so you might wanna lay off those 'jokes" if you don't like "rude" replies. And if I just wanted a win so badly, do you think I'd have agreed to quit yesterday? Goodnight, dude....

That was a backhand shot? So you've figured out how to do that deliberately? Dang man you must play a lot of these sports games to get this good at all of them. My comment was made cause both times we've played I've seen those shots and I've been totally baffled by them. Like "what the heck was that?" baffled. Cause I see the puck go up in the air and then you attack with another guy from the other side. Last night the puck just went over the goalie after hitting him in the shoulder. It's something I haven't seen before. I didn't mean for you to take it so hard, but I guess seeing as we get on you quite a bit on how you watch defense in the basketball game I can understand your quick rudeness. Hey maybe you even think I'm rude.
Well regardless I can not fix my connection. So please move the league forward and take the win. I have no interest in being talked down to again regarding this situation tomorrow night when we get heavy lag again. If it keeps up and I'm laggy for all my games I will leave the league. Easy as that.

Cloudy

Banned
Eh...I guess I was rude but I was in a snappy mood last night. I am pretty easy-going but I guess I'm running out of patience for sore-losers in leagues and your posts in the NBA thread gave me that impression of you (maybe it's the wrong impression). And my sarcasm meter must be off or something. Hell, I don't even know if you're joking or not about being baffled by a wrist-shot.

Trust me, dude. I've played Bish and I know what his lag is like (I'm almost positive that it's caused by wireless btw, Bish). Yours is something TOTALLY different which I had never seen until I played you. It's like someone is downloading something big on your PC while you play. I don't mean to sound condescending but doesn't seem like an XBL problem. Especially when you got the exact same thing with Ramirez in another game (which is known for lack of lag)...

PS: If you hadn't noticed, I don't play in these leagues for wins and losses. I like to see stats. We can try a non-league game first and if it's good, I'll reset the game and we can keep trying till the deadline (Wednesday night, I think)...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have no idea how you get the puck to deliberatley float at the goalie like that.
I don't try to be a sore loser. But I also don't take the way that you play basketball lightly. But I'm just being competitive (Larry Brown). I don't mean it to come across as personal.

As for my connection, I can't do anything about it. It's never been bad before a couple of weeks ago. So I have a hard time believing it's all me. But who knows? It's the freakin internet, I don't control it.

And all I know is sarcasm. :D

Cloudy said:
It's the same button for a regular shot (X) actually. Just tap it softly o_O

Y works too...from even farther out! ;) Seriously, next time you're on a breakaway, or hell even if you're just approaching the blue line and no one is directly in front of you, hit Y and hold straight at the goal. Doesn't always work, but if it does, lol! :)

Cloudy

Banned
Y is to dump the puck and I only use it if I'm in the penalty and want to get the puck out of my zone. I ONLY use X when I am attacking...

Ramirez

Saying "Im the best ESPN NHL player here" is like saying "Im the best russian roulette player ever!".

This game is pure luck...anyways,the Coyotes continue their winning ways!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hey theo - my Live is down. What about you? If this doesn't get resolved soon, I'm going to contact Microsoft and find out exactly what the hell is going on. Cloudy, if you want to push the league forward, it's up to you, but it's not my router - everything else connects fine...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Good game again Fifty... Appreciate the sportsmanship after that Wacky ass goal... one of the good guys in the league....

shoplifter

Konex:

Leagues are down, so let's try to get this in another night. I really don't want to chance them coming back up then down during our game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ummm is Darknight "Marty Chin"? If so when would you like to play?

Ramirez

Sorry,I wasn't around then DJ...I MIGHT be around later today,Im not sure,gotta take my car in for some work,depends on how long I have to wait around if I'll be up for anything :p

Ramirez said:
Sorry,I wasn't around then DJ...I MIGHT be around later today,Im not sure,gotta take my car in for some work,depends on how long I have to wait around if I'll be up for anything :p

np, apparently the leagues went down right after my game with Matrix on NFL anyway. I'm free tonight after 11PM EST, or tomorrow night early (before 9PM).

Matrix said:
Ummm is Darknight "Marty Chin"? If so when would you like to play?

See my earlier post for more information, but MS just disabled all the press accounts to transfer them from the MS corporate card to individual users. I've already sent my request in to do it over the phone but have not heard back from them yet other than they got my request. I'll post as soon as the accounts are reactivated.

gg

bah that was such bullshit, that first goal was lag. I hate the first minute or so of NHL...2nd goal was very nice though. WTF was going on with my team, their passes were horrific. :(

dammit...

Which teams make the playoffs? Top 8? 6?

Ramirez

Yea,at first I was like ugh,my skaters were taking 5 minutes to turn...NFL's like that for me though to,major lag on the play calling the first few minutes.

bishop! our game is this week! you can't hide forever comrade. you may beat me in basketball, but hockey is my sport buddy and you're going down hardcore. you name the time and place!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
FMT, I'll be on Live in an hour. I've got three league games to play, so you should see me on all freaking day... :D

Top Bottom