• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm MacDonald Live Returns with David Letterman on July 25th

JABEE

euXhAjq.jpg

The greatest talk show in internet history is returning on July 25th on YouTube and Amazon Prime.

Below are the rumored guests for this new season of the show.

Sarah Silverman
Judd Apatow
Margaret Cho
Jerry Seinfeld
Conan O'Brien

You can find the old episodes on Norm's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiHJYoHWyO56dlo_vjTleA

It was rumored that Norm was holding out on releasing these episodes to sell the show to Netflix, but it appears nothing happened on that end.

Norm has all the antics you come to expect from a late night show.

Make sure you buy your Mangrate in anticipation of this momentous event.

Polari

So hyped. I wonder if they'll edit them down at all now they're no longer doing them live (although come to think of it was the third season even live?)

Norm MacDonald Live is the best internet-only series ever. Nothing comes close. The man is a master of his craft.

Also, a Mike Tyson episode has been filmed as well.

Closer Two

It's amazing how consistently hilarious and brilliant this podcast is and Norm just doesn't give a shit because it's not on TV.

Sometimes he gives even less of shit depending on the guest. Adam Sandler, who's an old friend, gets a nice walk down memory lane whereas Stephen Merchant gets put through the uncomfortable wringer.

Chumley

Banned

Lmao spacey's impressions are always so good

He's an ansinine human being lately. All in the name of becoming "a better person".

The man and his rants are puzzling. His followers on Twitter are scary. I don't know what's going on with him anymore.

Norm has been a fucking nut with really suspect opinions about all kinds of shit for ages now. He's still hilarious but every time he veers away from jokes it becomes painful.

Cactus

Banned
It doesn't make a difference. It's an equally asinine opinion.

How I understand it is that he believes The Handmaid's Tale presents an excessively contrived dystopian world that cannot be equated with our contemporary political landscape due to its sheer implausibility. Any attempt to do so would be overstating and embellishing what he believes to be a shallow and vapid piece of sci-fi literature. Whether you agree or disagree, I don't think it's fair to call his argument unreasonable.

...but then he calls it a "deeply paranoid feminist look into the future," which seems strangely disparaging and dismissive of feminism.

Norm is an intelligent guy, very well read, and I've loved and respected his comedy for the last two decades, so it really disappoints me when he goes on these angry and borderline disrespectful twitter rants.

I second everyone's disturbance about him veering off the path of moral identity that we're all comfortable with. It sucks when one of your idols starts acting like a shithead. But he is funny as fuck. Glad the show is coming back! One episode season this time around?

Chumley

Banned
How I understand it is that he believes The Handmaid's Tale presents an excessively contrived dystopian world that cannot be equated with our contemporary political landscape due to its sheer implausibility. Any attempt to do so would be overstating and embellishing what he believes to be a shallow and vapid piece of sci-fi literature. Whether you agree or disagree, I don't think it's fair to call his argument unreasonable.

...but then he calls it a "deeply paranoid feminist look into the future," which seems strangely disparaging and dismissive of feminism.

Norm is an intelligent guy, very well read, and I've loved and respected his comedy for the last two decades, so it really disappoints me when he goes on these angry and borderline disrespectful twitter rants.

He's not all that intelligent. He's really funny but has completely dumbfuck political opinions.

Norm's wit is really something to behold, and I consider him a comedic legend.

I don't really want to hear about his old-man social views though.

Cactus

Banned
Anyway, back on topic - after reading Based on a True Story, I'm looking forward to the
Silverman
podcast. Should be a fun one.

Top Bottom