• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm MacDonald Live Returns with David Letterman on July 25th

Still, i want Norm to go back to serial killer and Nazi jokes, pls.

I don't know why I would expect any of the guests to have actually watched or listened to the show previously, but it would be hilarious to me if during one of Norm's stories for the guest to interject as it reaches the crescendo, "Norm, this guy sounds like a real jerk."

him acting like he got his daughter really good when he said "well there has to be a god for you not to believe in!" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard

I would have immediately said "I don't believe in dragons either so do dragons exist now?".

This was the worst episode yet and I don't think I likeTim Allen very much.

That's what I was talking about earlier. They clearly went and got nicely toasted before that jokes segment.

99.9% sure Norm MacDonald does not smoke. Make that 99.999999999%. Dude doesn't even drink. He's talked about how he smoked pot once in his life and that drugs scare him.

99.9% sure Norm MacDonald does not smoke. Make that 99.999999999%. Dude doesn't even drink. He's talked about how he smoked pot once in his life and that drugs scare him.

100% sure Norm smokes. My girlfriend, room mate and I went back to his room and smoked all my weed when he performed in my city a few years back. Best night ever. I do have pic's, which I believe I've shared in this thread (nvm, guess it must have been a different NML thread). Also, you can blatantly tell when Norm and Adam are really high. You're right about the drinking though.

Camwi

I disagree that this was one of the best episodes. I thought it was boring as hell until HEY MISTA CANDYMAN, which had me in tears.

Luschient

Oh shit, just pulled up YT and saw the Jim Carrey ep is up. Fawk yeah!

edit: yep, great episode. Jim was clearly there to have some fun and also mix in some of his "we're not really here" stuff now and then.

Hilarious episode, though they were talking over each other way too much.

I listened to the The Cable Guy commentary with Carrey, Stiller and Apatow a few weeks ago and though it was one of the best I've heard, Jim spoke over the other two a lot.

Jim: Remember when you came to visit the set of Man on the Moon?

Norm: Yes, I do. I was in the film.

that part was so damm funny.

In general it was hilarious but I wish Jim would tone it the fuck down. Some of his silliness was funny but some of it was just lame and annoying.

Also I LOVE that Norm called him out on being too rich and having too much free time and using it to come up with all this batshit stuff that Jim was spewing.

That episode reminded me of an interview I saw with Lauren Holly ages ago but still a good while after she and Jim were divorced.

The interviewer asked what happened with the relationship and she said something like: You know how all his characters are dialed up to 11 in all his movies and TV shows? Well he’s like that ALL THE TIME. He never turns it off and it was too much for her.

I agree with her based on this interview alone.

Camwi

I don't think anyone said it was one of the best episodes, but it was a really good jokes segment.

These are the comments I was basing that on, which hey, whatever floats your boat. I do agree about the jokes segment, though.

Everyone should watch the Tim Allen episode, it's one of the best this season. Really funny and Norm is on his game.

He's still a mega-douche though.

The whole Tim Allen episode had me DYING. The jokes segment I pretty much had tears. Norm was destroying.

I didn't mind Tim to be honest. Seems like a chill guy even if he says some weird shit.

That Bob Zmuda as Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufman as Tony Clifton story was hilarious. I love Andy Kaufman and hearing stories like that always make me smile.

Also I knew Jim was nuts but hadn't seen him in an interview for an hour. He's completely bonkers. Still hilarious to watch though.

See you all in 5 years for the next season :(

tanooki27

100% sure Norm smokes. My girlfriend, room mate and I went back to his room and smoked all my weed when he performed in my city a few years back. Best night ever. I do have pic's, which I believe I've shared in this thread (nvm, guess it must have been a different NML thread). Also, you can blatantly tell when Norm and Adam are really high. You're right about the drinking though.

woa, awesome! any details? what was he like high?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Not really related. But just read some snl thread on the donald about Norm. Apparently thats the only guy they like on snl because he leaned conservative. Seems like with that guest list i highly doubt it.

UrbanRats

Not really related. But just read some snl thread on the donald about Norm. Apparently thats the only guy they like on snl because he leaned conservative. Seems like with that guest list i highly doubt it.

I don't think his political leanings are a mystery, just like his opinion on religion (the two are probably related).
His jokes aren't really political though, so i don't care.

He's conservative and has said a lot of really dumb shit over the years related to politics. Most recently this, where he either didn't get or didn't care about why people were upset about Trump winning: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/27/norm-macdonald-slams-saturday-night-lives-post-ele/

I just separate him as a comedian from everything else, only thing he does on the show that bugs me is calling people retarded. After that Gilbert Gottfried episode it became clear he really doesn't care about making fun of the disabled.

Socreges

Banned
Good to see him being funny again, though he seems to be losing the measure of when to cut the joke.

When Jim mentioned Eckhart Tolle I thought "Well, of course"

It's unfortunate that he sees himself as enlightened, but I'd guess these "insights" (some with a ring of truth) give him peace and a way to cope with what I imagine is mental illness. He mentioned depression, and medicating, and I suspect it goes a lot further than that.

From the article above:

And if a train explodes outside of my house, I have to have James Corden talk me through it.
Ok that made me laugh

I don't think his desire to separate comedy from politics necessarily makes him conservative or at all pro-Trump.

Top Bottom