• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prison Break S5 |OT| Rogue Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere between the two I'd say after the first episode? It was very expository, dry and Lincoln heavy so the whole "Michael's got an insane plan" element wasn't there yet.

I dont know if I should watch it or not...more Prison Break sounds good...but why not reboot it and shake it up a bit...coming back after a closure seems odd...will give it a try i guess

My god this is gonna be so trash...and season 4 already was. Will follow, I love escape plans!
Also, Sarah says "Michael died because was terminally ill", and that was season 4 ending. Then there was the "movie" where they let Sarah escape and Michael sacrifices himself, leaving the fact that it died because of that.
But now Sarah says it was because it was ill?? wtf?

can't wait to see how stupid it will go this time! This is the kind of show that's so bad it's good (to me atleast)

My god this is gonna be so trash...and season 4 already was. Will follow, I love escape plans!
Also, Sarah says "Michael died because was terminally ill", and that was season 4 ending. Then there was the "movie" where they let Sarah escape and Michael sacrifices himself, leaving the fact that it died because of that.

there is a movie of this show? Really?

ZeroX03

Banned
I dont know if I should watch it or not...more Prison Break sounds good...but why not reboot it and shake it up a bit...coming back after a closure seems odd...will give it a try i guess

It's same old trashy Prison Break! Feels like it might be better to binge though?

there is a movie of this show? Really?

The movie is technically the final two episodes of season four combined. Some people saw it as a movie, others just saw them as regular episodes.

Only first season of Prison Break was sort of good. Rest was pretty much pure garbage.

You know the season where they actually are at a prison and are breaking out, instead of the garbage seasons where they are on the run or are in some weird prison thing in Panama? Yeah.. no.. pure gobble gobble turkey stuff.

sTiTcH AU

In the flashback at the very beginning of the episode it showed Michael sacrificing himself. I assume Sarah is just trying to rationalize his decision by the fact he was terminally ill and was going to die anyway.

strafer

Going from Legends straight into Prison Break is weird.

But I'd like to think this is just an alternate reality with no dinosaurs.

Saladinoo

Of all the dead TV shows, how on earth did they decide that Prison Break needs another one? I'm not opposed to reviving dead shows at all, but... Prison break?

DeviantBoi

Great first episode!

I'm cautiously optimistic and will continue to watch.

It helps that I only saw the first season so I never soured on the direction that they took afterwards.

I fucking loved it. It was so ridiculously OTT and stupid which is just what I wanted.The part where Lincon goes flying through the windshield, I actually burst out laughing. Also, T-Bag is still as entertaining as ever. The opening credits made me nostalgic as fuck. Loved seeing the ol' gang back together.

The dialogue from Michael's son, though. Hopefully he won't be in it much.

It was a good start. I know it is not perfect but that's not that bad to be called garbage! I think 7/10 is a fair score for this ep.

Pilgrimzero

I need to watch the recap, cant fucking remember anything.

Anything after season 2 especially is a blur

Conspiracy theory! Rogue gov agents! Break out of places! Mikes dead (or is he!!?!?) everyone else moves on with their lives.

There I summed it up for you.

bebop242

No. It could have easily ended at season 2 minus the last 5 minutes of the season, think of that as the logical conclusion of the show.

Yep everything was wrapped up nicely at the end of season 2 and they went "this show is too popular, we need a bullshit reason to keep it going"

But how can u be alive when u ded?

ask this guy, i'm sure he knows :

peopledie.jpg

I loved prison break when it was on.

Was doubtful of the revival but i loved the first episode. Don´t think spoiler tags are necessary now but i´ll do them anyway since some haven´t watched yet.
It´s all a scheme, you can tell by michael´s expression at the end. He wants to stay in prison and plays the memory loss thing because he wants to protect his brother somehow.

Also i actually laughed out loud when
the dude flew straight through his windshield of his own car and just got up.

Will continue watching.

The only thing I don't like is that it kind of undermines the ending of the original run with him supposedly being alive again

As someone who has never actually watched Prison break at ALL, is now a good time to get into the show lol?

With some of these impressions here you'd think it's a really bad show but then i kinda like shows like Arrow and that has been somewhat trashy as well for certain seasons so...

I loved the first season of Prison Break. Maybe even the first two seasons. But anything beyond that I question why it had to exist. Almost as if they had not planned that far ahead and just started throwing shit at the wall until they ended up with throwing them into random prisons again and the poorly thought out illuminati shtick. It was just bad.

Skeptical of this new season, but will give it a chance.

YOU LOST US 100K I'm down on my luck I have nothing left.............

travels the world and says money is no problem

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also this the car crash scene lololololol I was lauhging so hard how fake it all was.

I loved S01 and 2 but after that it was all terrible and this is also all terrible.

RS4-

I don't remember if I even bothered most of s3 and all of s4. Kinda tried to get through S2 recently thinking I could marathon the whole thing.

So someone tl;dw for me and tell me what happened. Or can I just watch the last ep or two lol.

dmix90

That was.....quite good actually! I definitely expected worse. Smells like S3 and i love S3.

I rewatched Season 1-3 five times or more in the last decade and had a blast every damn time. This new Season 4 is off to a great start!
Prison Break is back.......hell YEAH.

YOU LOST US 100K I'm down on my luck I have nothing left.............

travels the world and says money is no problem

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also this the car crash scene lololololol I was lauhging so hard how fake it all was.

I loved S01 and 2 but after that it was all terrible and this is also all terrible.

that's why it's amazing! So bad it's good!

also laughed when sara said to her son
when the intruder is in her house : "i'm gonna put this through them, so don't move"

why would you tell him that? lol

"Hey do you know this mosque out of millions of mosque in the world?"

"Yeah sure, easy!"

"LET'S FIGHT BACK, LET'S GO TO YEMEN! you're cool with that right?" Burrows still dumb as ever

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As someone who has never actually watched Prison break at ALL, is now a good time to get into the show lol?

With some of these impressions here you'd think it's a really bad show but then i kinda like shows like Arrow and that has been somewhat trashy as well for certain seasons so...
No, watch season 1 and maybe season 2 if you're curious. The jury is still out in this new one.

i thought it was funny when
Royal Pains doctor gets shot
and Sarah don't care. when she comes down the stairs... oh you not dead?

dakun

Interesting, i actually enjoyed the first episode. There was no filler and it cut to the point. Lets hope it doesn't fall off from here

prag16

Banned
Haven't watched the first episode yet. Season 1 was damn good. Season 2 was okay. 3 and 4... weren't very good, but I watched anyway. I stuck with it that long I might as well continue on...

Much better revival than 24

Which one? The one with Kiefer and Yvonne Strahovski was okay. The additional one this year is... why.

EDIT:

Hahaha, what the fuck??? DEFINITELY watching this tonight now.

Somnia

Ratings were decent, if they hold all season I could see Fox keeping it around, but like 24 they will probably dip. One last season is ok with me though. I had fun seeing everyone again last night!

The fucking car crash scene made me laugh out loud too. I love Prison Break and I'm so glad it's back. Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here!

JustinBB7

First ep was great fun. Really liked it! Cheesy and dumb like the original show, and they're just the legends of tomorrow stuck in a time aberration.

Ricker

It's been so long that I thought Sara died In this instead of The Walking Dead lol...

PVR'ed,will watch tonight ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom