• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prison Break S5 |OT| Rogue Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathezar

Loved Prison Break back then. Maybe my taste has changed during the years, but gotta admit I thought this was pretty bad. Feels like they had to pack way too much in the first episode, why? Actual exposure, reason and writing doesn't seem that important, not like it ever was, but come on. Take it a bit slower and build it up! Hope it gets better, but I have my doubts...

At least the windshield thing was better than this -

img_47820gq0r.png

Never forget.

dakun

At least the windshield thing was better than this -

img_47820gq0r.png

Never forget.

oh man you made me remember.. This was so damn hilarious. I mean this is among the rare occasions where it was so obvious you didn't even need to focus on it to notice it.

TripOpt55

I enjoyed the premiere. It was pretty much what I expected. More of the dumb fun of the latter seasons. I mean T-bag getting a robotic arm. That ridiculous car crash. Just the idea of Lincoln sneaking over and digging up his brother's grave. It certainly could have used more of Michael as he is really the driving force of the show. I look forward to whatever ridiculous plan he scares up to get out of prison and get back at whatever conspiracy got him in there. I'm excited for more.

ScribbleD

Post-Season 1 Prison Break is my trash pit (S1 was legit good) and I will wallow in more of it happily. The premiere was cheesy fun and sets up a new conspiracy and a new excuse for elaborate heist movie style breakout plots. That's all I can ask for. Actually, it isn't. Where is Fichtner? He was the best part of seasons 2-4. He and Knepper got the most room to flex and chew scenery and they were both excellent at it.

pislit

what's up with the handheld camera-esque unstable camera and ridiculous fast-paced editing even in conversations i almost got seasick

ch4fx_

I want to know what's special about the
tattoos on Michaels hands
? He had them in view for Linc way too long for them not to mean something, not to mention the close up as he is walking away.

I really enjoyed episode 1 of S5 & im looking forward to the rest. This is my first time watching Prison Break in real time & the wait to next weeks episode can go fuck itself. (Previously watched S1-S4 on Netflix)

Also --
who sent T-bag the picture
? Can't wait to find out, the answer should be interesting.

Rymuth

Legit squee'ed when the PB tune played. The plot, the puzzle, the craziness~~ vintage Prison Break! This shits over 24: Legacy from on high!

Oh, Robert Knepper! How I've missed you!

I want to know what's special about the
tattoos on Michaels hands
? He had them in view for Linc way too long for them not to mean something, not to mention the close up as he is walking away.
They brought a camera and I think they showed them with Michaels hands in the frame when they took the pictures? I'm betting they figure stuff out from the photos they took.

-shadow-

Man what a sell out is this, I truly do not understand why this is a thing...

And I will watch it and I will enjoy it. As ridiculous as season 3 and 4 got, I absolutely loved them!

It's been so long that I thought Sara died In this instead of The Walking Dead lol...

She did... Twice... They retconned so much in the series that I'm not surprised you're confused.

ScribbleD

Legit squee'ed when the PB tune played. The plot, the puzzle, the craziness~~ vintage Prison Break! This shits over 24: Legacy from on high!

Oh, Robert Knepper! How I've missed you!

Robert Knepper is disgustingly underrated. He elevates everything he's in, even when the things he's in are trash. He even managed to make season 4 of Heroes watchable.

That premiere was ridiculously goofy in all the right ways. I'll stick with the season because could turn out to stay dumb fun, which I hope it does. Hopefully Sucre plays a larger role later on.

Also, it's crazy to me how many of this shows cast ended up villains in the Arrowverse. Can we retcon Abruzzi to be alive?

Sloane

Banned
That premiere was ridiculously goofy in all the right ways. I'll stick with the season because could turn out to stay dumb fun, which I hope it does. Hopefully Sucre plays a larger role later on.
Yeah. Before I started watching, I caught myself thinking: I hope this is still as dumb as it used to be. And it absolutely is! Feels exactly like what I would have imagined season 5 would have been, if it had come out seven years ago or whatever, they didn't miss a single beat. Hope they can keep it up!

Rymuth

Robert Knepper is disgustingly underrated. He elevates everything he's in, even when the things he's in are trash. He even managed to make season 4 of Heroes watchable.
I actually tried to get into Cult (cancelled series) just for him. I love him as T-bag but he really deserves a shot to headline a series

Didn't they do a spinoff of Prison Break called Breakout Kings that T-Bag was in?
He was in one episode 'The Bag Man' which ended up with a pretty fantastic speech that Knepper knocks outta the gate. YouTube it, its great.

I was actually confused he got out so early in this show, seeing how they should've added more to his sentence because of his escape.

He was in one episode 'The Bag Man' which ended up with a pretty fantastic speech that Knepper knocks outta the gate. YouTube it, its great.

I was actually confused he got out so early in this show, seeing how they should've added more to his sentence because of his escape.
Breakout Kings is probably not canon anymore.

bebop242

Also, it's crazy to me how many of this shows cast ended up villains in the Arrowverse.Can we retcon Abruzzi to be alive?

Thats like one of my most wanted things to happen ever.

Blastoise

Banned
Guys this is the perfect kind of cheese I needed in my life!

I loved the episode. Really brought back memories.

I only ever invested my time in Season 1 and a bit of Season 2. I still have fond memories of the show.

I really missed the gang!

mm04

I'd love to see them try and sell a show about "hijinks" with a child rapist

He rapes...but he saves /Chappelle

Anyway, I ate up that premier. Seeing the old crew in whatever absurd storyline it turns into just makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom