• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prison Break S5 |OT| Rogue Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
superthumb.jpg
hahaha

Chumley

Banned
Post-Season 1 Prison Break is my trash pit (S1 was legit good) and I will wallow in more of it happily. The premiere was cheesy fun and sets up a new conspiracy and a new excuse for elaborate heist movie style breakout plots. That's all I can ask for. Actually, it isn't. Where is Fichtner? He was the best part of seasons 2-4. He and Knepper got the most room to flex and chew scenery and they were both excellent at it.

Fichtner, Knepper, and Rapaport are the GOAT's post Season 1

Lincoln and C Note have always been boring and their acting seems even worse than usual in s5.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh yeah, new episode tonight!

As Lincoln and C-Note search for the "Sheik of Light," Michael and his cellmate, Whip, attempt an escape from Ogygia. Meanwhile, Sara's investigation into Michael's reappearance leads her to the state department and an uneasy reunion with Paul Kellerman.

Line_HTX

Holy shit, they're gonna do it next week!

God damn, Michael really got some shady associations. That hug with Abu Ramal...

Biggest Freddy Mercury stan and best hacker.

Isn't that the dude from one of the Fast and Furious movies?
edit: i actually scratch that i was incorrect. that's why i can't recall him. i think i need to watch again.

the plot is going pretty fast. decent episode. i'll keep watching.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know why I'm watching this since I gave up in S2... but I have no idea why this show is about terrorism now. lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Another cheesy mess!

I don't know why they're focusing so much on Lincoln and Sarah while trying to keep Michael a mystery. The fun of this show has always come from his insane plans. The other stuff was only ever really background noise.

strafer

holy shit, Michael friends with the bad man.

I knew that twist was coming since he was so calm during the whole thing.

I'm glad we're jumping right into it but i guess there will be some type of flashback to see how everything came to be.

Rymuth

I figured out Prison Break's problem - PB works best when we're far removed from Michael, playing catch up to a plan he had laid out ages ago. Later seasons had a general plan, yes, but it was all improvisation.

Not to say that both in this Season and Season 1 there wasn't a degree of improvisation but the ultimate goal is murkier and the bigger picture is hard to see.

tl;dr - good episode

Reba's arabic is a-t-r-o-c-i-o-u-s

Line_HTX

giphy.gif

This one-liner is amazing in may ways. I'm still laughing at how it was uttered, LMAO

giphy.gif

Telling the Korean Freddy Mercury stan druggie to give him a phone and credit card number before handing over some Morphine pills from the Infirmary.

giphy.gif

Hugging it out with Abu Ramal, the worst terrorist in Solitary. BWONG!!

I don't think Michael's a villain, but rather has yet another elaborate plan like he always does. Highly doubtful he's a member of ISIL.

Vico

and the actor playing Kellerman hasnt changed one bit...he looks the same.

Oh yeah, I actually watched the very first episode a few days ago as a reminder before starting Season 5 and he looked exactly the same.

Actually liking the new season for now. Pacing was better than last week.

Daffy Duck

Michael gone undercover with the CIA (and Kellerman only has some of the facts) in a bid to break out the bad ISIS dude so the US can whack him. And if he completes the job he gets a pardon and is a free man.

KaoteK

Well shit, I loved this back in the day, I had no idea there was a new season. I'm going to have to check it out.

ch4fx_

YOO, that hug scene was gangster as fuck!!

I'm really enjoying this season so far. I got this odd exciting feeling last night when the intro theme hit, I heard the music & couldn't believe I was watching NEW Prison Break episodes. I've watched this series so many times, and I love the characters so much, I'm pretty sure this show is a "happy place" for me. I really hope the rest of these episodes are just as good as the first two have been.

I did notice that the hand tattoo I've been fascinated with seems to extend up his arm, so I wonder if he has some crazy design tattooed on his body this time as well. If so, it will be interesting to find out what it is, exactly. They look to be "random" dots, but nothing is random in Prison Break, so I'm sure I (we) will learn their meaning soon enough.

Also, we need more Sucre, like yesterday. They would already be out if Sucre were there......

EDIT - also (pt 2), WHERE THE FUCK is Linc getting all this money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom