• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II TeamLiquid StarLeague (TSL) 3: $35,000 prize pool, stacked roster

Makes me sad for GOM, they always throw a great show, but one player gotta shit the bed in the finals :lol

at least the team leagues have been some of the best starcraft around.

Can't wait to see Thorzain ripping people apart at MLG and see how Naniwa, Select an Kiwi stack up against the Koreans.

Mairu

thorcheer1.png

THORZAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WOOOOOOOOOO

Best SC2 finals yet.

nilbog21

Banned
Draft said:
E-sports needs dudes with mic skills. InControl has them. I don't know about anyone else, though.

seriously that was the most pitiful interview i have ever seen. did they fly the players to the US in order to conduct a live interview with them afterward? If so, lol :<

Techno

Neo Member
Draft said:
E-sports needs dudes with mic skills. InControl has them. I don't know about anyone else, though.
Yes I agree. Even though were all nerds and don't really care about professionally, it would be nice to have someone not so awkward doing interviews.

twofold

MisterAnderson said:
Don't know why he never threw down a couple of forges or at least got a twilight council. He had a big window to at least do one of those things.

Seemed like he was panicing or something. He was floating 2000 minerals and about 500 gas.

Q8D3vil said:
he was doing an all in kinda tactic.
he lacked upgrades and stopped at coloss tech (didn't get legs or blink).
day9 mentioned that naniwa did the same in mlg against terrans with the sick coloss timing.

i'm sure he was nervous as fuck thanks to chill lag, but thorzain was probably nervous as well.

When Naniwa watches the replay, he is going to kick himself going in with collosi and getaway when he should just lay back and get some ht's, mass expand or upgrades, or all of it. That Collosi push was obviously only ment for MLG terrans, and made him fled like someone smashedhis face in.

Mairu

nilbog21 said:
seriously that was the most pitiful interview i have ever seen. did they fly the players to the US in order to conduct a live interview with them afterward? If so, lol :<
the games were played live there

What an incredible series. Naniwa dropped the ball with 2k mineral in the bank at the end but it really was razor-sharp close every second of the way.

twofold

Seriously speaking - Blizzard needs to sort out this LAN/obs bullshit.

Valve are doing some amazing things with their netcode for Dota2 (unlimited number of observers that won't lag the main game, reconnect support if one player's connection drops/compter crashes, the ability to join games already in progress as a spectator, delay for spectators built in to avoid cheating and a load more stuff) - there's no reason why Blizzard can't do the same.

EG Masters Cup is about to start - DJWheat and Idra casting Dignitas vs Fnatic.

http://www.justin.tv/onemoregametv

Won

twofold said:

Valve are doing some amazing things with their netcode for Dota2 (unlimited number of observers that won't lag the main game, reconnect support if one player's connection drops/compter crashes, the ability to join games already in progress as a spectator, delay for spectators built in to avoid cheating and a load more stuff) - there's no reason why Blizzard can't do the same.

Valve needs to release stuff first, before Blizzard can steal it. :p

(._.) said:
Is anybody else keeping a lit of their absolute favorite matches of 2011 in SC pro gaming?

MVP vs Dimaga (the dropped game)
NesTea vs SCfou (especially game 5)
MarineKing vs Nada base trades
MVP vs Bomber GSTL 1
MVP vs Squritle GSTL 1
Sen vs Boxer ro16 TSL3

mr. puppy

Banned
twofold said:

we haven't seen any of valve's dota 2 stuff, so we dont know if any of it will work. and if it does, it wont be out for at least 2 years. heart of the swarm may very well come with these options.

twofold

ShallNoiseUpon said:
How would LAN have helped the person from Canada to not lag when they're playing NY? A really long ethernet cable maybe?

I can't remember whether it is hon or lol that has support for lag free observers, but one of those two games has it set up so it's not possible for observers to lag the competitors. The players wouldn't ever know if the observers connection had lagged out/computer died.

Games like CS/Q3 are unaffected by spectators having terrible connections, too.

(._.)

Banned
TheThunder said:
MVP vs Dimaga (the dropped game)
NesTea vs SCfou (especially game 5)
MarineKing vs Nada base trades
MVP vs Bomber GSTL 1
MVP vs Squritle GSTL 1
Sen vs Boxer ro16 TSL3
Nice. Need to go back and watch some of these matches.

Sen vs Boxer TSL3
sCFOu vs NesTeas GSL May
July vs Nada GSL March
MC vs whitera GSTL international

This is what I have on my list so far.

Want to have a full list by the end of the year so I can be prepared for MOTY discussion.

(._.) said:

Sen vs Boxer TSL3
sCFOu vs NesTeas GSL May
July vs Nada GSL March

Want to have a full list by the end of the year so I can be prepared for MOTY discussion.

March GSTL final.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Draft said:
a progamer infront of a camera is like a penguin on dry land.

Durante

twofold said:
I wasn't aware that Valve is planning this, but I always wondered why Blizzard didn't implement something like that in SC2 if they really want it to be an esport. There's no reason why an observer (by definition a read-only component) should ever lag or impact the players.

Going further, broadcasting the game data to all watchers instead of video should be a lot more efficient and versatile.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Durante said:
I wasn't aware that Valve is planning this, but I always wondered why Blizzard didn't implement something like that in SC2 if they really want it to be an esport. There's no reason why an observer (by definition a read-only component) should ever lag or impact the players.

Going further, broadcasting the game data to all watchers instead of video should be a lot more efficient and versatile.

Well in SCII it's not all read, observers can chat, right?

twofold

Durante said:

Yeah - it's pretty cool stuff. There's a lot more info on the Dota 2 Q&A.

DrForester said:
Well in SCII it's not all read, observers can chat, right?

HLTV supports thousands of spectators and they're able to chat with each other.

I'm sure Blizzard would be able to find a way to make it work.

Draft

Trickster said:
Who's that douchy looking dude ?
Watch your mouth. That's Jonathan Wendel. Jonathan is considered the world's first most prominent and accomplished professional gamer.[2] He is also considered one of the best professional gamers in the world.[3]

Trickster

Draft said:
Watch your mouth. That's Jonathan Wendel. Jonathan is considered the world's first most prominent and accomplished professional gamer.[2] He is also considered one of the best professional gamers in the world.[3]

So what does he play? Why is he the most accomplished progamer? Because I'd imagine that the most accomplished progamer ever would be someone like spirit.moon or boxer.

Still looks like a douche though :p

Draft

Trickster said:
So what does he play? Why is he the most accomplished progamer? Because I'd imagine that the most accomplished progamer ever would be someone like spirit.moon or boxer.

Still looks like a douche though :p
I don't know if he plays anything, anymore. His name (ahem, "tag") is on plenty of mice, t-shirts and other high quality gaming accessory and lifestyle items, though.

He played Quake, UT3, stuff like that.

tbvY0.jpg

nilbog21

Banned
Draft said:

loooooool

fatal1ty is pretty sick at a wide array of games, most notably Q3, UT2k3, and painkiller

^btw shawn elliott is my hero

Striek

Watched the VODs, great matches.

Thorzain showing that hey tanks are actually fucking amazing, and Nani showing some sick blink micro (hes one of the only protosses who ever opens blink stalkers against terran too) and then the phoenix opening.

Naniwa had that last game in the bag. He absolutely needed to 1a and back the fuck away from his keyboard. Pulling your colossus back against vikings when you engage is one of the most basic mistakes a protoss can make. You only need to pull them back if they're in range of the bio. Otherwise MMM will rip through your ground units and colossus can't outrun vikings anyway, and he did it twice. Ghosts are scary good but when you're 50-60 supply up you shouldn't be losing games like that.

Also got too cocky, macro slipped badly and didn't tech up. Pretty disappointing end for him.

jorma

is now taking requests
(._.) said:

Sen vs Boxer TSL3
sCFOu vs NesTeas GSL May
July vs Nada GSL March

Thorzains run in the TSL3 is pretty epic, he had so many games worthy of "MOTY" consideration in this event.

f0rk

Draft said:

All that should be past tense. No one believes that any more except himself and the stuff he is selling. The world has moved on and if he entered a QL tournament today he'd get dicked on.
Cooller and Rapha give better interviews anyway.

Techno

Neo Member
Thorzain. My god. This. This was a story. It is unfortunate Naniwa crumbled in game 7.
May the God of Thunder Himself Bless His Righteous Path

Top Bottom