• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

vehn

Random question because I haven't been following the game very closely.
Do we know if the game is going to come with an Online Pass?

I ask because I wanted to import a copy into Australia from the UK, but I've got a US region account and any UK online passes won't work with my account.

the back of the cover posted above talks about an "online pass voucher (included)"

Vire

I don't even want to play a demo for this game. It's one of those I just want to jump right into fresh.

It's the equivalent of watching the first ten minutes of a story driven movie and then being told you can't watch the rest until two weeks later.

Why bother?

Dingotech

the back of the cover posted above talks about an "online pass voucher (included)"

Bah, flap everything...

Might as well buy a digital copy then I suppose. #PARTOFTHEPROBLEM

Do we know if the digital copy will have any sort of discount at launch? Or do Sony titles sell for full RRP on launch?

Gskyace

How do we know that is legit?

The "tip" I said in your quote means the measure they told me to resize the large over-sized pic to a smaller one. I've edited my question in that post, so I guess that leads you misunderstand me.

Moreover, I don't think it's necessary for me to prove it's true. You would know it's true when it's released anyway. Only 15 days away here :D

Andrew.

Banned
It's the equivalent of watching the first ten minutes of a story driven movie and then being told you can't watch the rest until two weeks later.

Why bother?

eosF4EF.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
:lol

Still rocking the "Only God Forgives" avatar even after the negative reception?

I must say, the reviews have peaked my interest. I did like Drive though...

Hell yeah man. Drive made me a Gosling and Refn fan. The books are awesome too. The fact that this particular film was inspired by the works of Alejandro Jodorowsky is enough to make me bust a nut.

Cant wait for this game though. I watched that 15 minute demo tonight. I completely forgot how well ND does facial animation and mo caps. They really pretty much are THE best.

Andrew.

Banned
If you already know you're gonna buy the game no matter what, don't play the demo. If you're not sold on it and you don't mind experiencing some of the game out of context, go for it.

Thing is I already have Survival preordered and Ive read the leaked spoilers. I really dont give a shit. Im more curious about the environmental presentation, atmosphere and performance of the game, which is weird considering how hyped the game is and how I normally am with games of this magnitude. It's the zombie thing. Never got me. Never will.

Bah, flap everything...

Might as well buy a digital copy then I suppose. #PARTOFTHEPROBLEM

Do we know if the digital copy will have any sort of discount at launch? Or do Sony titles sell for full RRP on launch?
Passes aren't pay for when bought new. So why do you think you have to buy digital or nothing?

Random question because I haven't been following the game very closely.
Do we know if the game is going to come with an Online Pass?

I ask because I wanted to import a copy into Australia from the UK, but I've got a US region account and any UK online passes won't work with my account.

You can create a UK account, redeem its online pass then get on your American PSN account and enjoy it. DLCs, games, etc. are activated for the console, by that avaible to play on all accounts on the console. You just need a UK account to activate that. Its all.

Don't even think I will try the demo, I'll check out the review scores but I want to go into this game without knowing much. Too many times I've glanced at spoilers or YouTube videos with gameplay and its ruined the feeling of excitement when it comes to playing myself.

I've been really looking forward to this so a few days of avoiding stuff will be worth it

Gadirok

Augh, guys you ought to be careful because there are alot of dickheads going around more aggresively with spoilers.

I post in the community boards often, and some troll has delibrately gone to the generals, Playstation general, action/adventure general, The Last of US general, and has been infecting each thread with the same spoiler spam post.

So yes I have taken a small glimpse at the spoilers. Nothing I didn't already know though given I was spoiled on /v/ ages ago.

HardRojo

You should have covered Ellie's face with the score.

That was the point at first, got kinda lazy, I might go for the Super Dew Edition tomorrow.

Augh, guys you ought to be careful because there are alot of dickheads going around more aggresively with spoilers.

I post in the community boards often, and some troll has delibrately gone to the generals, Playstation general, action/adventure general, The Last of US general, and has been infecting each thread with the same spoiler spam post.

So yes I have taken a small glimpse at the spoilers. Nothing I didn't already know though given I was spoiled on /v/ ages ago.

Good to know, I've been keeping my media blackout so far, well I tried, this has been the hardest to keep so far believe me and now that we're a mere couple of weeks away I can't wait.

Dingotech

Passes aren't pay for when bought new. So why do you think you have to buy digital or nothing?

I explained several posts ago.

I'm based in Australia and often order cheaper titles from the UK, but neither Australian or UK online passes will register with my PSN account as I created a US PSN account for cheaper digital pricing on my Vita.

So with titles that include Online Passes, I either order a US hard copy, or I need to buy the digital version.
Ordering a US title takes much longer plus isn't usually any cheaper than just buying it digital.

I explained several posts ago.

I'm based in Australia and often order cheaper titles from the UK, but neither Australian or UK online passes will register with my PSN account as I created a US PSN account for cheaper digital pricing on my Vita.

So with titles that include Online Passes, I either order a US hard copy, or I need to buy the digital version.
Ordering a US title takes much longer plus isn't usually any cheaper than just buying it digital.

You can create a UK account, redeem its online pass then get on your American PSN account and enjoy it. DLCs, games, etc. are activated for the console, by that avaible to play on all accounts on the console. You just need a UK account to activate that. Its all.

I saw that comment. I know the actual legit ending. You have nothing to worry about :)
Thank God. Tnank You so much.
On a media blackout, pretending the game doesn't exist but the hype is slowly starting to take over. Its uncontrollable. I saw a few more media screens then I would have liked and also read a potential spoiler on Kotaku but I doubt it was real, could be just people trying to cause a some trouble. Otherwise, another successful media blackout in the bag.

i read that too. I think it wasn't real

hlhbk

So I cancel my preorder on Amazon for the survival edition because I want the preorder bonuses from Gamestop. I go to my local Gamestop and they say they are sold out and that all stores have been locked out from ordering more.

I go back to Amazon, and its still available. I call and he meant the preorders for in store pickup for all stores has been locked out. I check Best Buy and its available for in store pickup.

WTF. I mean I probably will roll with Amazon since I hate going to Best Buy (though I could get it earlier at BB), but this trip reminds me why I hate going to Gamestop.

DrBo42

I'm really conflicted on whether or not to go with a retailer/get bullshit bonuses or download it day 1. Does ND gets a bigger cut from the PSN sales?

hlhbk

Can we please create a new thread for spoilers and ban anyone that writes spoilers in this thread. Cause seriously I am about to bail.

DrBo42

Can we please create a new thread for spoilers and ban anyone that writes spoilers in this thread. Cause seriously I am about to bail.

Not sure when spoiler threads usually go up but I don't think we're close enough to release for that. It'd probably do more harm than good and raise potential account suicides. I trust no one.

DukeBobby

Not sure when spoiler threads usually go up but I don't think we're close enough to release for that. It'd probably do more harm than good and raise potential account suicides. I trust no one.

After several incidents in the Bioshock Infinite OT, I don't either.

The mods are fast, but not fast enough. People will be spoiled.

Top Bottom