• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

Andrew.

Banned
I guess if the game has Booker DeWitt, the youngest daughter from "Growing Pains" and Dan Dority from "Deadwood" in it, it can't be all bad right?

=P

Gbraga

I guess if the game has Booker DeWitt, the youngest daughter from "Growing Pains" and Dan Dority from "Deadwood" in it, it can't be all bad right?

=P

Troy Baker is amazing. I was a fan before I even knew who he was or even that "it was the same guy". Liked pretty much every role I can remember him doing.

Strike

34755161.jpg

krae_man

Wait so instead of announcing a game going gold they are announcing that they are about to announce the game going gold?

Still can't wait to play it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Wait so instead of announcing a game going gold they are announcing that they are about to announce the game going gold?

Still can't wait to play it.
They announced that the game is going gold just this moment. Didn't you see the image with the "makedisc ship final" right after the perforce sync?

Jawmuncher

Well at least I know this game is doing something right.
My dad recently saw the Story Trailer and asked me "Is this a good game?"
Which amazed me since nothing has ever grabbed his interest that was exclusive on PS3.

Guess I know what to get him for Father's Day now.

I really hope they make this a digital release.

It'll be such bullshit if it's not on the PSN store when they have the entire Uncharted series up there.

ZeroRay

Congrats to ND!

A journalist on GAF let slip that the preview build is set in Pittsburgh; the same place the E3 demo was located.

Bummer :(

I'm waiting for the SP code too, but I thought it was on disk as usual, and the coincidence between tweets and the arrival of the redeem code made me hope.

Still #teamMP, anyway, with 3 hours to go. I've never seen SP content sent via a client that downloads the code. It's typically MP betas that do this. Iwanttobelieve.

EDIT: Lincoln/Pittsburgh demo. MP better be playable at the event :mad:

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
So the discs are getting pressed? Excellent.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
The first release version of the software is finalized, yep. After this it's all patches.

Patches are exciting too.
CEO Kaz Hirai @KazHiraiCEO 16 Apr

People say we don't release enough things for PS VITA even though we have released 2 firmware updates in the last 2 weeks!

Izick

I feel so good about staying in a media blackout for this and Beyond 2 Souls. Going to be an amazing year for current-gen still.

Mikey Jr.

Hell fucking yeah.

Now lets hear SOMETHING about mp.

The lack of info could be one of 2 things.

-It is fucking amazing, and want people to remember it when los gets close to release

or

-It blows fat fucking money ass and they want to spend as little time on it as possible.

dmr87

ST50A. Last year’s model - apparently it’s better than this year’s model for gaming because it has less input lag...hope it’s good!

Yep, you are right. I haven't tested it myself though, only read about it. A co-worker bought a ST60 recently so I should check it out.

Anyway, back on topic.

Hell fucking yeah.

Now lets hear SOMETHING about mp.

The lack of info could be one of 2 things.

-It is fucking amazing, and want people to remember it when los gets close to release

or

-It blows fat fucking money ass and they want to spend as little time on it as possible.

I think they don’t wanna give too much away. Showing off multiplayer could spoil quite a bit (locations and various enemy types for example). No way it'll turn out bad.

Yep, you are right. I haven't tested it myself though, only read about it. A co-worker bought a ST60 recently so I should check it out.

I just hope it’s as good as everyone says it is. Everyone tells me to go for a Panasonic plasma for a new TV. Gonna go check it out now...

Tagg9

Sounds like MP impressions/footage is coming on Friday, and judging by some recent tweets I don't expect it to disappoint.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
P4 sync??

Perforce command line. It allows you to submit code into versioned files on a server everyone can share, and you can sync to different versions so if something goes to shit someone can sync to before a point of someone's change of files and see if things work again.

On Linux or Unix it appears.

Now Naughty Dog, branch to your PS4 branches and start working on Beta. :p

Top Bottom