• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

JJD

Wait, Elite is 60? I though it was 20ish...

The version with the Horizon content is 59.99

The vanilla version of the game is 29.99

If you're on the fence about the game grab the cheapest version and get the DLC later if you enjoy it.

Literally can't remember. Uh... Infamous Second Son maybe? Wait no, I got a discount on that.

Halo 4? Idk

GCU & Amazon Prime godsend

Serious question. Why do gamers or fans of the gaming hobby sometimes seem so cheap?

Gaming is not that expensive after the initial buy in. A game at full price every 2 or 3 seems plausible.

But to answer OP, ARMS. I always buy new. I only buy used if I really forgot about the game or didn't know about it.

I have two rules. If I am going to own ot for life, unless it is on switch, I will buy digital. If I know I will not hold on to it I buy physical and either beat the game and sell it as fast as I can or sell it on bundles to buy more games. In the emd the hobby pays for itself in some ways.

Edit: whelp I did lie a bit since I have GC and Prime. So no real full price for a bit, but I didn't mind when I did.

EulaCapra

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch.

Insta-replayability so went digital. This is after I already unlocked every single car part and character in the Wii U version and spent $75 for the original game and DLC.

bman94

Injustice 2. Well technically that was over priced since I paid $100 for the Ultimate edition. Well worth it in my opinion, got over 25 hours in it.

SpartanN92

Banned
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare/MWR I think.

The only game I have bought this year was Ghost Recon but I had a $15 gift card.

Mario Kart 8 DX because of the Switch bundle I ordered.

Other than that, maybe the Halo: Master Chief Collection because of a mistake. Everything else has been with a GCU discount at worst, majority have that stacked on with a sale.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
breath of the wild--worth every penny!

before that, it was the evil within, also worth every penny.

this is something i don't do very much with $60 games, but which i constantly do with $10-20 indie games.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Haven't done it once in the 11/12 years since that price jack went into effect! Still no plans ta do so. I can play the waiting game or by used if necessary.

truth411

With Amazon 20% discount, it's pointless to pay full price for games, unless you can't wait a few hours when it's delivered to your door on launch day.

Bluenoser

Too long ago to remember. With Amazon prime/e3 deals etc I've been getting discounted games for years. Full price to me is the $63.99 I would pay with the basic 20% prime discount... I don't even pay that most of the time though.

everyer

ac origins and destiny
Both gold/deluxe edition

In the past several weeks:
Nioh
Horizon zero dawn
P5
Botw
YS8

Lightning

Banned
Uncharted 4 was the last time I payed full price as in that much but I also paid full price for kh2.5 ps4, FFX HD ps4 and I'm also paying full price for the zodiac age coming out. It's just these games launch cheaper.

jmizzal

I dont even know, even before GCU I traded in games towards games I wanted day 1, may have been a Madden from a few years back

GLAMr

Probably KH2 or World of Warcraft back when I was 18 and had no self control plus mountains of spare time. My wife bought me HZD at launch as a belated Valentine's gift, if that counts. These days I'm a crusty old man with little spare time and a huge backlog, so I can easily wait for a better price on games.

Full price is for suckers IMO. (Disclaimer: I live in Australia, where games sometimes launch at AU$100, so like $75 'Murican. Games can usually be had way cheaper by just waiting a few months for sales or importing).

I have yet to buy game or console (launch price) at full price. Most I spent was 25 cad on game and 250 on console.
I have yet to jump on to this gen and I plan to wait another 2 years for budget reason. I think gaming is too expensive for me.

hmm can't think of any.

I just bought IJ2 ultimate off amazon prime for 85$, pre ordered gow4 for 50$. No reason for me to pay full retail though.

Maybe D3, friend and I bought it at midnight release on a whim.

Angry Fork

Prey and 100% glad I did.

Last full price game I regretted was Red Dead Redemption. Extremely boring, tedious and anti-fun.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, and the upcoming Splatoon 2 since I decided to get all of the online games digitally. I did get lucky for a free prime trial for retail games but after early next year I'll be back to paying full price for currently unannounced games.

ARMS digital on release day.

Farpoint was the last full price physical game I bought on release day because of the buncle, it was FFXV SE before that, and FF Type 0 HD before that. That's basically all the physical PS4 games I own aside from 3 launch games I got from an Amazon B2G1 sale.

ARMS digital - fighting games....you don't join from day 1 you missed the boat. Sadly I missed the Smash train and never could hop on.

120v

Serious question. Why do gamers or fans of the gaming hobby sometimes seem so cheap?

Gaming is not that expensive after the initial buy in. A game at full price every 2 or 3 seems plausible.

i always wondered this until i found out how easy it is to save money with new games. it really does add up in the end. sort of like how those crazy coupon clippers wind up with hundreds or thousands by year's end

Top Bottom