• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015: Dishonored Definitive Edition announced for the PS4/XB1

stryke

was just saying some publishers have done this

either way even if it was coming to pc(according to op) I wouldn't buy it since I already own the base game and the DLC

It's still a false equivalency. Why pull the current ones on Steam if there's nothing to replace it with? Also the OP is wrong and has been corrected. Bethedesa didn't announce a PC version on stage. I'm pretty sure it's safe.

RowdyReverb

Where will I even find time for replaying an older game this fall? Maybe I'll pick it up sometime next year before the sequel drops. My memory of Dishonored has gotten hazy

Edit:
Grimløck;167905019 said:
On second thought, that is a little while before the holiday deluge. And only $40? Maybe I will pick this up soon after launch after all.

Quotient

I mentioned in the Dishonored 2 thread that I hope this isn't just Dishonored at 1080p60. Why would i buy this over the Dishonored GOTY PC edition?

Falchion

Seeing the trailer for 2 made me want to go back and finish the original. Can't remember why I stopped playing in the first place.

Dabanton

Nice. I finished the first game earlier this year and had just started the first of the DLC. If this is coming at a cheaper price I may just wait for this and play the DLC that way.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I mentioned in the Dishonored 2 thread that I hope this isn't just Dishonored at 1080p60. Why would i buy this over the Dishonored GOTY PC edition?
I dont get this comment at all. What else would it be? The presser essentially said it was a port with all DLC. So yes, that's exactly what it is.

As for your second part. Good question. why would you? The answer: you shouldn't. The port is obviously being created for people who never played the first game and want to play it on current gen consoles.

Bought it on x360 for $10 on sale but never played it, don't own any DLC either, so DE for $40 with all the DLC and better graphics is more than welcome, will buy it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Unlike God of War 3, I'd say this is more worth $40 than most remasters since:

a) Its the only game in the series.
b) It is a longer game and encourages multiple playthroughs.
c) The DLC is absolutely fantastic and adds tremendous value.

You can always wait until the price drops if you don't like the price.

KyleCross

Damn, Best Buy will only give me 25 cents for trading in the vanillia PS3 version which I never got to play. Guess I'll keep it even tho it'll literally never be played.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really Hope the Upgraded graphics go beyond 1080p and 60fps.

Hoping for updated textures, models and effects. But I won't hold my breath.

I play it on PC at 4K 60fps, but if they upgrade the rest of the graphics I will totally rebuy on PS4.

I got like 10 minutes from the end of the game and stopped for whatever reason. And now I think I lost my save....

Edit: Scratch that. Still have my save. Awesome. Will polish it off after the wild hunt.

Bulzeeb

the Dishonored 2 trailer reminded me I need to get and beat this game, so going by some responses is it safe to buy the PC version during the steam sale? or should I wait and see if a PC version of this gets announced later?

xrnzaaas

I will buy it but after the price drops to a reasonable level since I already completed the main game twice and I'm mostly interested in expansion packs (and upgraded graphics ;)).

Red Hood

Banned
Actually, it kind of is. It reminds me of Half Life + Bioshock with some interesting mechanics and great mobility.

I'd say Dishonored is more Deus Ex primarily and BioShock secondarily with a touch of Half-Life, but definitely more like Deus Ex.

Mohonky

You wouldn't. These sort of remasters seem to be more for the console-only crowd.

Seeing a bit of this, some of these games get something new, but otherwise this just seems to be what PC gamers were playing at release or on GOTY release.

Current gen is looking a lot like PC this time last gen, except now these games are $40 to $60 instead of the $5-$10 they are on steam.

Percy

Banned
Another remaster instead of a new game once ag... Oh wait...

Solid enough deal actually (Relatively speaking) as Dishonored had some worthwhile (If costly) DLC. Be interesting to see if it'll be 60fps.

Why didn't they give a release date for this ? I know Fall 2015 but surely this should've gotten a release date. I've never played Dishonored before so definitely picking up this one.

Sojgat

Will probably double dip on this, if it's a good port.

Love this game, and the DLC stuff was the best part.

WITHE1982

Well I'm 100% double dipping on this. I played through the main game but didn't touch any DLC so there'll be a lot of new stuff for me to do.

I'll probably not be paying the £78.02 ($120) that amazon are charging for pre-orders at the minute though
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZF31O5M/

What's up with that? I'm guessing a placeholder or someone done fucked up.

Edit: I know they do a price promise to honor the lower price it will eventually be but the £78 will put a lot of people off.

KainXVIII

If this version has Rat Shadows, I'm 100% in.

tumblr_inline_n5cmsjq3rX1qafrh6.gif

Red Hood

Banned
I'd say Dishonored is more Deus Ex primarily and BioShock secondarily with a touch of Half-Life, but definitely more like Deus Ex.

Oh shit, and I forgot Thief, d'oh!

So... Deus Ex is the father, Thief (1 and 2) is the mother (or switch it up if you like it), BioShock is their child and Half-Life the uncle.

Sounds about right, GAF?

Deleted it from my PC as I knew this was coming. Whatevs. Will buy when it gets cheap. Not really happy about it though.

Would rather my save would work tbh.

Red Hood

Banned
Deleted it from my PC as I knew this was coming. Whatevs. Will buy when it gets cheap. Not really happy about it though.

Would rather my save would work tbh.

Saying the main story doesn't take that long would be an overstatement, it's short (but highly re-playable). So if I were you I'd rather start over again on PC than paying 40$ for this remaster. Save that cash for Dishonored 2, broooo

Seanspeed

Banned
Saying the main story doesn't take that long would be an overstatement, it's short (but highly re-playable). So if I were you I'd rather start over again on PC than paying 40$ for this remaster. Save that cash for Dishonored 2, broooo
Well, it's not that short. Between the main game + The Knife of Dunwall, I clocked 23 hours. I do take my time, so that's probably longer than average, but still, it's hardly like it's some 7-8 hour game.

I agree though, just replay on PC and save $40. You're gonna have to restart with the Remastered version anyways. Seems pretty obvious choice.

xrnzaaas

Dishonored can be very short if you're playing on a low difficulty setting and don't care about alarms or side missions. If you want to be super stealthy and discover everything then the main campaign (I didn't play any of the addons) can be a lot more time consuming, especially since you should finish the game twice for the low & high chaos ending.

Atolm

Got the platinum trophy and finished the DLCs (which are amazing) on PS3 but will buy again. Dishonored is one of my favourite games from last gen, top 5 easily.

thenexus6

I am torn on this, it was one of my favourite games last gen I played it multiple times, same with the DLCs. However there is so much coming out this year I don't have time for it.

I bet it will look and run amazing on X1 and PS4 though, ugh, maybe i'll get it just before Dishonored 2 comes out or something.

Red Hood

Banned
Well, it's not that short. Between the main game + The Knife of Dunwall, I clocked 23 hours. I do take my time, so that's probably longer than average, but still, it's hardly like it's some 7-8 hour game.

I agree though, just replay on PC and save $40. You're gonna have to restart with the Remastered version anyways. Seems pretty obvious choice.

I specifically meant the main story of the base game. If you play through it without exploring a lot, it's 7 or 8 hours tops. It actually IS that short if you don't take your time.

Though of course the "best way" to play Dishonored is it to explore every nook and cranny and experiment different play styles. Not sure how much exactly I played the GOTY edition with TKoD and TBW combined on PS3, but according to Steam I've got 16 hours in the main game.

SomTervo

Is this game like bioshock

Yeah, it sort of is. The world and character design is as good as Bioshock, even if the story couldn't touch Bioshock with a barge pole.

It definitely has the same 'thinking man's FPS' vibe.

If you liked Bioshock, you'll almost certainly like this. Enjoy!

Top Bottom