• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015: Dishonored Definitive Edition announced for the PS4/XB1

komplanen

This not being announced for PC is such a disappointment but I'm super glad more people will be able to play it so I'm all for it.

Melchiah

I'll probably buy this, because I never played the original. Good thing I can play it in an improved form before diving into the sequel.

Red Hood

Banned
This not being announced for PC is such a disappointment but I'm super glad more people will be able to play it so I'm all for it.

I'd say that's good news, because this means that the Definitive Edition will just be up-res'd 1080/60 and they know that a lot of people are already playing on those settings on PC, which in turns means we get to save 40$ and spend it on Dishonored 2 instead.

Though I do think it would be great if they released an update with high-res textures, I can't seem to find any mods to do it. Dishonored maxed out looks great artistically, but sometimes the textures are a little bit muddy up close.

I want to shit all over more definitive versions of games, but I'm on a Fallout 4 high, so all I guess meh is a more appropriate response. Good for people that didn't play it or like buying things twice.

I know it's a radical idea, but if you don't like these re-releases you don't have to buy them?!

frizby

Cool story.

Now sell me a properly functioning PS4 version of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Seriously, take my money.

Edit: hope wanting remasters isn't port begging. Both games were on just about every platform AFAIK.

dedhead54

I got about half way through on 360 and then stopped playing (got a PS4 and Xbone so I shelved all my 360 games). Will buy this for sure. I was enjoying the game a lot.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I bought the GOTY edition on steam, it was far cheaper than buying the DLC separately for the PS3 (I also own Dishonored on the PS3).

These remasters are terrible deals.
These posts are more terrible, because it may shock you that not everybody has a PC and/or wants to game on a PC.

Quotient

These posts are more terrible, because it may shock you that not everybody has a PC and/or wants to game on a PC.

I don't even own a windows gaming PC and i bought it on Steam. (I plan on buying a gaming PC in a few months).

If you have PC from the last 2-3 years you should be able to play Dishonored at probably equal to or better than the PS4 or Xbox one, and with controller support, there is no difference to playing it on a console.

EDIT: I guess I just find the value proposition for the remastered edition terrible, and its highlighted even more by the steam sale the day after the announcement.
EDIT 2: If the definitive edition had re-worked assets, highly polygon models, better lighting, then i would argue its value is justified.

Rymuth

I just realized, they missed a great opportunity to call it 'Dishinitive Edition'

Hey-wait minute! Stop throwing tomatoes at me!

MUnited83

For you.
Just got the PC version on Steam for €3. So....thanks....but no thanks.

Shoulda have bought the GOTY version. The DLC is crazy good and it's basically a whole new full-fledged campaign. Bethesda won't ever discount the DLCs at a actual good discount so you will end up buying the game as a GOTY because it will be cheaper than buying them individually.

The best gets even better. A graphical update coupled with this incredible art style.

dishonored2015-03-180cxyqk.jpg

I think I would have to purchase this again!

Melchiah

If you have PC from the last 2-3 years you should be able to play Dishonored at probably equal to or better than the PS4 or Xbox one, and with controller support, there is no difference to playing it on a console.

I bought a 899€ laptop (i5-4210M, GTX 850M, 8GB DDR3) last year, and I don't think it'll run Dishonored, or any other game, as good as my PS4. Not to mention, that I don't really have any desire to play games on it.

chemicals

Ok. I am a huge fan of Bethesda and Dishonored, but I continue to want to puke from all of these Definitive Editions. Does anybody else feel like the publishers are bending us over with no vaseline?

If you want to play Dishonored, by all means play it. It is a stellar game and runs really well on PC and XB360 (probably also PS3, I personally haven't played the PS3 version.) And it is like 10 bucks for whichever platform you prefer.

There is no need to keep redoing games that came out last gen. The consoles are still available and the games are cheaper than ever. Why are so many "so-called" hardcore gamers just accepting these cash grabs and even justifying it.

Our industry is broken, and we are the root cause. Come on, wake up! Please! Damnit!

nynt9

Ok. I am a huge fan of Bethesda and Dishonored, but I continue to want to puke from all of these Definitive Editions. Does anybody else feel like the publishers are bending us over with no vaseline?

If you want to play Dishonored, by all means play it. It is a stellar game and runs really well on PC and XB360 (probably also PS3, I personally haven't played the PS3 version.) And it is like 10 bucks for whichever platform you prefer.

There is no need to keep redoing games that came out last gen. The consoles are still available and the games are cheaper than ever. Why are so many "so-called" hardcore gamers just accepting these cash grabs and even justifying it.

Our industry is broken, and we are the root cause. Come on, wake up! Please! Damnit!

the post was already hilarious but you had to go for the "wake up sheeple" to top it off.

A friend of mine was on the Wii last gen. Now he has a PS4, and he really wants to play games he missed out on. He doesn't want to buy a PS3 just to play a few games.

Remastered games don't hurt you. Sure, they are (relatively) easy money for pubs, but that easy money they make lets the pay for future, new games that you want to play.

Hmm, I've already got the game on pc and my laptop runs it at 900p (maybe even 1080p) @ 30 FPS... I want it on console, but it needs to be well reasonably priced. Maybe I'll hold out for a sale, I rarely find time or desire to game on PC anymore.

Mikey Jr.

Wake up Sheeple!!

Bethesda is stealing your money!

Everyone who buys this is just a mindless drone, incapable of making a rational decision..

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

Ok, so I'll just buy a PS3. Much easier and cheaper.

Falchion

I made it about 2 hours into this game on 360 and just wasn't able to get into it so I moved on. I'm going to be happy to have a chance to go back and finish it now.

Wish we'd get some footage though.

Vitten

Will definitely check it out !

Can you name any other game where you can stop time when an enemy fires at you, then possess the enemy, move him in the trajectory of the shot and have him killed by his own bullet ?

Bizzquik

Seriously, they should have shown something for Gamescom week!

No new info on resolution / fps, etc.

Disappointing. I wonder why we've heard nothing since the E3 reveal.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
So, less than two weeks for release and still nothing ?

Is the $20 price point only for preorders? I'd like to play this again but with Gears the same day, MGS a week later, and then all the fall games I'm not sure when I'd get around to it. Might be better off waiting for a Black Friday sale.

M.W.

Is the $20 price point only for preorders? I'd like to play this again but with Gears the same day, MGS a week later, and then all the fall games I'm not sure when I'd get around to it. Might be better off waiting for a Black Friday sale.
Only if you bought it last gen or DLed it when it was free with PS+

nortonff

It kind of looks like BioShock but feels more like Arkham/Shadow of Mordor

Arkham/Mordor ? How ?
It feels more like a Bioshok/Thief to me.

Top Bottom