• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack announced for PS3 [Screens/Videos in OP]

Slime

Banned
Guess I have an excuse to play the sequel now. Mehhh...

If only they went crazy and included the five billionth remake of Phantasia to complete the whole "trilogy." Would be nice to finally have an official localization. No, the horrid GBA port doesn't count.

Valnen

Why can't they give these games simultaneous worldwide releases anyway? Surely they have the resources for it?

duckroll

Guess I have an excuse to play the sequel now. Mehhh...

If only they went crazy and included the five billionth remake of Phantasia to complete the whole "trilogy." Would be nice to finally have an official localization. No, the horrid GBA port doesn't count.

"To be continued..."

Clearly they're saving ToP for the 20th anniversary of ToP in 2015 - full PS4 remake.

ohlawd

didn't read 2nd page so how about that dual audio?

wtf hating on Colette's voice. But Heather Hogan is great, guys.

Erasus

Only played Tales Of Eternia and that was good.

Might check this out, is this a PS2 and a Wii Tales Of in on disc? 1080p?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ugh not sure if I want to get the HD version since I haven't finished Tales of Symphonia or started Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Though I might buy it just to support the series in the west.

qeSCPFW.jpg

Hey that fine with me as I have zero intention to get a PS4 at launch

FSLink

Banned
Only played Tales Of Eternia and that was good.

Might check this out, is this a PS2 and a Wii Tales Of in on disc? 1080p?

Yeah. No idea on resolution yet. It's also pretty similar to Eternia gameplay wise. Main characters even have very similar skill sets, and they're both essentially fast paced 2D (Symphonia is 2.5D) battle systems.

Delio

Well this is interesting. I suppose I will pick it up and rush through Symphonia again. I actually liked ToS2's monster catching stuff. Went through lots of hoops to get my ultimate monsters.

FSLink

Banned
I agree. I also feel that the battle system needs to be updated a bit as well but that's not going to happen lol.

At most they'd just throw in Free Run without balancing it. Not like that's much of a problem since Free Run isn't balanced in anything not Graces anyway.
Still said they didn't just copy and paste Xillia 2's battle system. It'd really fit Symphonia well with Link Artes replacing Unison Attacks.

Semajer

Happy this is getting localised. They had better use the updates from the PAL release of DotNW, so that I can have Emil continue to wear the best accessory in the series.
Jewel Hunter Mask

I do hope that they make some changes though, like I'd prefer some way of learning both S and T tech in Symphonia, as well as keeping
Kratos
playable even if you choose
Zelos

Sandfox

At most they'd just throw in Free Run without balancing it. Not like that's much of a problem since Free Run isn't balanced in anything not Graces anyway.
Still said they didn't just copy and paste Xillia 2's battle system. It'd really fit Symphonia well with Link Artes replacing Unison Attacks.

All I want is free run and I'm not expecting that at all. The main problem with the battle system is that it feels extremely dated when put up against basically every Tales game that came after it.

FSLink

Banned
All I want is free run and I'm not expecting that at all. The main problem with the battle system is that it feels extremely dated when put up against basically every Tales game that came after it.

I still enjoy it compared to newer entries because like Eternia, it's very simple but fast. But it does feel weird when the AI party members and enemies can run around you while you can't, so I'd hope they would at least add Free Run.

I still enjoy it compared to newer entries because like Eternia, it's very simple but fast. But it does feel weird when the AI party members and enemies can run around you while you can't, so I'd hope they would at least add Free Run.

adding free run would change the entire game. i rather Namco redo the whole system or keep it exactly the same. ToS is fast with no nonsense, either change your armor or jump out of spells. Abyssion traps you in a corner? gg no re

FSLink

Banned
adding free run would change the entire game. i rather Namco redo the whole system or keep it exactly the same. ToS is fast with no nonsense, either change your armor or jump out of spells. Abyssion traps you in a corner? gg no re

They just need to do it Graces or Vesperia style where it's slow as hell and has some drawback to using it (CC drain in Graces' case, or Vesperia where you get more damage if attacked in FR mode). It would change it but it'd make more sense mechanically. Plus avoiding Abyssion is easy regardless. Jump->Tempest.
They should just fix it to make sense.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
From the Tales Facebook page:

awFkk76.jpg

Ifq9pj2.jpg

1TnXmVA.jpg

7X7UNwa.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
are these official screenshots? they look blurry as hell

I guess so. If you look at the UI in the Tales of Symphonia battle scene, it looks readjusted compared to this (from the PS2/GC version):

talesofsymphonia-battle.jpg

RPGCrazied

Cool. Day 0! I just hope if they do a CE and or preorders, they can get that right. I don't want to miss out on costumes, hopefully they are adding them to the game and not going to be DLC.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hot diggity damn, glad to see this is true after all. Remember getting the GCN version for only $10-ish one summer and perhaps one the best purchases I made, especially after finding out it was 2 discs, something I thought didn't happen in that era of gaming. Cannot wait to revisit Symphonia after all these years.

& might as well see if Dawn of the New World is as bad as people make it out to be.

Rpgmonkey

Those awkward characters models are still there. And I'm assuming Ufotable isn't replacing the Prod. IG stuff as that seems like a detail they'd at least mention right away. They went below my (already kinda low) expectations with this, but I'll see if they have something cool up their sleeves for later.

And the release date happens to line up perfectly with the usual time they announce reimaginings (September/October), so they'll most likely jump right into Tempest R shortly before or after this comes out, ha.

RPGCrazied

Also, this will be 16x9 and trophies right? Or is this just a rerelease to just work on a PS3? Just wondering. I hope its at least 16x9.

FSLink

Banned
Those awkward characters models are still there. And I'm assuming Ufotable isn't replacing the Prod. IG stuff as that seems like a detail they'd at least mention right away. They went below my (already kinda low) expectations with this, but I'll see if they have something cool up their sleeves for later.

And the release date happens to line up perfectly with the usual time they announce reimaginings (September/October), so they'll most likely jump right into Tempest R shortly before or after this comes out, ha.

Yeah the Production IG scenes they added to the PS2 version were shown in the trailer so I highly doubt it. Closest Symphonia ufotable you'll get this time around is the Bluray set they're releasing of the anime.

Also, this will be 16x9 and trophies right? Or is this just a rerelease to just work on a PS3? Just wondering. I hope its at least 16x9.

It's 16:9 and I'd be surprised if there wasn't trophies.

Top Bottom