• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword announced for Wii [N-CONF]

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
GamerSoul said:
:lol It'd be awesome to take flight for once. No offense Epona.

I still really hope Epona is in this game, nothing really feels better than riding a horse around and shooting things with my bow, especially if we can have better sword combat on the horse. It was great in TP the few times they used it and I really would like them to expand on it now with the much improved WM+ sword controls.

Also a Pegasus Epona would be sweet too, but not likely.

wRATH2x

Banned
Medalion said:
Why confine the "Hero of Time" to just the age of monsters and magic and Castles? Updated right, it could work...like an experiment like Majora's mask but even crazier. But I don't want them trying to be like Final Fantasy either.
I get it, but I don't really want it.

Gino

Enduin said:
I still really hope Epona is in this game, nothing really feels better than riding a horse around and shooting things with my bow, especially if we can have better sword combat on the horse. It was great in TP the few times they used it and I really would like them to expand on it now with the much improved WM+ sword controls.

Also a Pegasus Epona would be sweet too, but not likely.

I don't see why a winged horse would be bad... it would be cool to have a horse for the lower land and a griffin or something for skyloft.

Retro

...because we can?

Seriously though, can we get a mod in here to take over the OP and put some information in the first post so people stop asking the same questions 100 times? Yes, it's Wii Motion Plus, Yes, it had technical difficulties, Yes, it is orchestrated, No, it does not look like shit, get your head out of your ass, and so on and so forth. :D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Twig said:
So.

What exactly about this demo screams "MORE OOT" to some of you people.

You know.

Besides the... door... and sword... and bombs... and enemies... like in every Zelda game ever.

Oh, also Link's in the game and you play as him.

The problem is that this new Zelda doesn't seem to take any real risks. It plays it too safe, imo. It takes two of the most unoriginal aspects of Zelda, the OoT template (whatever that is) and post impressionist art style, that have plagued Zelda games for decades. It's nothing we haven't seen a million times before. In the videos, you see Link is still fighting monsters, and going through dungeons, and exploring an overworld. Snore. What does it matter if say, the world you explored is under a different name? Has there ever been a Zelda game where the gameplay is nearly identical to other Zeldas, but yet was given a free pass as far as originality goes because it was merely said to be in a foreign land? I think nay. Does the fact that we've only been shown one location, with no more than 5 minutes of actual gameplay mean we can't already dictate how the rest of the game will be like? Surely, you jest.

Oblivion said:
Does the fact that we've only been shown one location, with no more than 5 minutes of actual gameplay mean we can't already dictate how the rest of the game will be like? Surely, you jest.

Nostradamus.jpg

Big One

Banned
Oblivion said:
It's nothing we haven't seen a million times before. In the videos, you see Link is still fighting monsters, and going through dungeons, and exploring an overworld. Snore.
Yeah, what we need is something more original and fresh like Hyrule in a post-apocalypse and Link, now a centaur, running around the land shooting shit cause the world is so fucked up and shit. That'd show Zelda how to be a good game series instead of that baby action-adventure, puzzle shit.

Boney

Banned
Oblivion said:
The problem is that this new Zelda doesn't seem to take any real risks. It plays it too safe, imo. It takes two of the most unoriginal aspects of Zelda, the OoT template (whatever that is) and post impressionist art style, that have plagued Zelda games for decades. It's nothing we haven't seen a million times before. In the videos, you see Link is still fighting monsters, and going through dungeons, and exploring an overworld. Snore. What does it matter if say, the world you explored is under a different name? Has there ever been a Zelda game where the gameplay is nearly identical to other Zeldas, but yet was given a free pass as far as originality goes because it was merely said to be in a foreign land? I think nay. Does the fact that we've only been shown one location, with no more than 5 minutes of actual gameplay mean we can't already dictate how the rest of the game will be like? Surely, you jest.
*sigh*

Twig

Banned
Oblivion said:
i have no idea if you're agreeing with me and being sarcastic or disagreeing and being stupid

so i'll just say

wat

Varjet

Oblivion said:
Does the fact that we've only been shown one location, with no more than 5 minutes of actual gameplay mean we can't already dictate how the rest of the game will be like? Surely, you jest.
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Boney

Banned
Haunted said:
check your sarcasm detectors
I did sleep 2 hours yesterday :lol
And it's not like people like this haven't been in the thread.

The zelda template really gives it away, man I need some sleep.

Thunder Monkey said:
I don't want any stupid flying horse.

I want to fly on a damn cloud!
Only if I can stop flying at any point on it and sit down. Maybe sip some potions while sitting, move forward slowing, toss rocks/bombs/stuff off the cloud and watch it fall, etc.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
nothing so far really bothers me, it just seems like they went with the safe choice. Feeling a bit underwhelmed..

Gr1mLock said:
nothing so far really bothers me, it just seems like they went with the safe choice. Feeling a bit underwhelmed..
What about this game is "safe?"

They originally weren't going to use Wii Motion Plus. That would have been playing it safe.

What we've seen so far is the complete opposite of safe in almost every respect.

MisterHero

Varjet said:
Ever played a Mario game with Lakitu or something?
Nothing's better than Cape Mario riding Blue Winged Yoshi riding Lakitu's Cloud

that is one awesome flying machine I'll tell you what

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Oblivion said:

Nicely done.

I want a 3D game where you play as Lakitu and try to kill little toads and they do all sorts of zany shit to escape. Pretty sure that would rule.

Okay guys let's get back on topic.

Can someone ask a mod to hijack the OP or to allow someone to make a new thread merge this one under it's OP?

The OP has . . . nothing. he just wanted to be the first to make a thread and now I'm wondering where I can find some vids of this game NOT from IGN (really, that guy playing it is a lame and I don't feel like looking at his play time) and where I can find some more screens and art work.

Please!?!?

Poyunch

Maybe this Link is wearing the Hero's Clothes and it's just the people of Skyloft are really small people. The pants are too big for this Link.

edit: Ahh double post, sorry.

I've been reading the "Skyloft as a hub" speculation and get nervous. Zelda is not Mario and having Skyloft be the hub would reduce the areas you can travel to to the status of levels. If I want to travel from the "Great Deku Tree" to "Zora's Domain", I want to be be able to get there without having to fly to Skyloft in between.

I still want to be able to travel between different areas, damn it!

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I've been reading the "Skyloft as a hub" speculation and get nervous. Zelda is not Mario and having Skyloft be the hub would reduce the areas you can travel to to the status of levels. If I want to travel from the "Great Deku Tree" to "Zora's Domain", I want to be be able to get there without having to fly to Skyloft in between.

Don't read Zelda fan speculation. Ever.

They're always wrong.

viciouskillersquirrel said:

So do I!

I just want to be able to fly there too!

Link Man

Banned
Black-Wind said:
Can someone ask a mod to hijack the OP or to allow someone to make a new thread merge this one under it's OP?

The OP has . . . nothing. he just wanted to be the first to make a thread and now I'm wondering where I can find some vids of this game NOT from IGN (really, that guy playing it is a lame and I don't feel like looking at his play time) and where I can find some more screens and art work.

Please!?!?
Hi-res screenshots, artwork and logo, with no watermark, at Zelda Universe.

Top Bottom