• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword announced for Wii [N-CONF]

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Willy105 said:
He doesn't even look like Tingle.

:lol Aonuma said he was designed to be a more realistic Tingle (a totally stupid idea). Do you really not see the resemblance?

Diffense

I think Tingle is hilarious.
I don't love him or hate him any more or less than a deku baba; it's just part of the game.
I never get some people's strong reactions to the appearance of certain chartacters.
I hate enemies that are really annoying (like the ones in MM that prevented you from using the sword) but couldn't care less what NPCs look like.

GeneralIroh said:
I also liked how he turned bitter towards Link after you beat him. Tingle was just too happy.
Tingle gets fairly pissed at you when you get to rupees before he does in FSA. He's like "Koolooh limpah! I'm after all these force gems!...... DON'T FOLLOW ME."

Tingle is just as selfish as Purlo. He just never bears his
adorably blunt
fangs unless your interests are opposed.

Tingle <3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
beelzebozo said:
i'd like tingle to play some pivotal role in a future zelda.
Well lets hope Nintendo stops listening to Internet Gaming Sites. But with Matt Casablanca out of the picture we may not have to worry.

Twig

Banned
RagnarokX said:
Tingle could be at all of the great fairy springs as a temporary replacement while they are on vacation.
I just pictured Tingle dressed up like the OoT great fairies.

EDIT:
Himuro said:
You shit talking Willy has become a tradition in Nintendo threads it seems.
I fling shit in so many directions I don't have time to keep track of individual targets.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I always thought THIS was Tingle in disguise or something:

-> http://www.zeldawiki.org/Falbi

I'd say he inherited a lot from him. Oh, and I don't get the tingle hate but he's not supposed to be a liked character anyway so... let's just say developers did their job well. (and that perhaps most of the people against it are being overly homophobic?)
Twig said:
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Twig said:
I want him to make an appearance like the Granny as the Oracle in Zack and Wiki:

1409136541_482de290b4.jpg

Seriously, I'd piss my pants laughing.

gdt

It's funny to think that Tingle reincarnates like Link and Zelda.

TINGLE WAS AT THE GREAT FLOOD CONFIRMED.

beelzebozo said:
i like tingle because it strikes me as a message to people who take zelda too seriously or think it's got to be some sort of epic lord of the rings analog.

Tingle rules but I'll never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever forgive him for WW.

upandaway

gdt5016 said:
It's funny to think that Tingle reincarnates like Link and Zelda.

TINGLE WAS AT THE GREAT FLOOD CONFIRMED.
I think we just found the perfect main character for the game explaining the flood

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
upandaway said:
I think we just found the perfect main character for the game explaining the flood
It would be glorious that one of the more anticipated storylines to fill the timeline gaps became a Tingle title. The tears would be delicious.

i dreamd i went to gametrailers and saw a brand new trailer of this game. and there was the sea and you saw many islands as big as windfall island in the distance.

it was so beautifuk

ILikeFeet

Banned
Earl Cazone said:
i dreamd i went to gametrailers and saw a brand new trailer of this game. and there was the sea and you saw many islands as big as windfall island in the distance.

it was so beautifuk

another WindWaker? no thank you

WillyFive

Twig said:
Oh shut up you can't really be so stupid that you don't understand why he reminds people of Tingle.

I've played through that minigame tons of times, not once did he ever occur to me he was like Tingle.

What caught my attention more were the Powerpuff Girls that were following you around.

ILikeFeet said:
another WindWaker? no thank you

Something as good as it might be nice though.

Trurl

Banned
Dascu said:
I think there's about 3 of them.
Thanks. I decided that I can force my way through three lightning bug sections and I picked up the Wii version of Twilight Princess last night. So far the opening isn't as bad as I remember. I plowed through the first two soul tear sections and it seems like the game is about to open up and get better.

Still, from what I've seen so far, the Twilight realm is the least appealing part of any Zelda game ever. Entering Kakariko Village would have been more fun if I didn't have to explore it first in a vapid, soulless state. I suppose that that there's a satisfaction of pushing back the Twilight of being able to go "hey, the game's atmosphere doesn't suck anymore!" Maybe the the Twilight Realm will grow on me.

Thankfully Skyward Sword seems to have aesthetics more to my taste. :)

Willy105 said:
Well, that's what they appeared to me at first. I actually laughed when I saw them for the first time. It never occurred to me they were the Godesses.
The light spirits of Hyrule are also named after the Godesses:

Eldin
Faron
Lanaryu

Ordona, being the odd one out, is not actually part of Hyrule proper but a conquered province, much like the Gerudo Desert.

Kozak

Banned
Twig said:
Oh shut up you can't really be so stupid that you don't understand why he reminds people of Tingle.

Well you guys can't really be so stupid that his presence actually annoys you in TP.

That is far more stupid than thinking he doesn't look like Tingle.

Twig

Banned
Kozak said:
Well you guys can't really be so stupid that his presence actually annoys you in TP.

Huh? Who said his presence annoys me?

ARE PEOPLE PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH AGAIN?

Poyunch

Kozak said:

So what are you trying to say? Are you somehow associating knowing Tingle is the same as hating Tingle? Because that's definitely not true for me. He does remind me of Tingle and I don't dislike Tingle either.

Jzero

Eldin
Faron
Lanaryu

Ordona, being the odd one out, is not actually part of Hyrule proper but a conquered province, much like the Gerudo Desert.
holy crap i never noticed that:lol

Trurl

Banned
BGBW said:
Well lets hope Nintendo stops listening to Internet Gaming Sites. But with Matt Casablanca out of the picture we may not have to worry.
I wonder how much of a role the likes of IGN played in the death of Tingle in America. Not that it would be much better, but I hope that Nintendo used actual focus groups rather than listening to professional fanboys.

Also, with the direction that the Wii took, I bet Nintendo's fanbase today would be more receptive to Tingle than it was 7 years ago.

Edit: I'm not actually that bitter about Tingle's fate. Just genuinely curious about how Nintendo decided that "America hates Tingle."

Trurl said:
I wonder how much of a role the likes of IGN played in the death of Tingle in America. Not that it would be much better, but I hope that Nintendo used some actual focus groups or anything other that listening to professional fanboys.

Also, with the direction that the Wii took, I bet Nintendo's fanbase today would be more receptive to Tingle than it was 7 years ago.
YES!

The direction Nintendo took was having the Nintendo hardcore guyz yelling "OMG NINTENDO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET US HAVE SOMETHING THAT FEELS REMOTELY LIKE A GAME!!!" :lol

Sad, I love the wii though, and can't wait for Skysword :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Trurl said:
I wonder how much of a role the likes of IGN played in the death of Tingle in America. Not that it would be much better, but I hope that Nintendo used actual focus groups rather than listening to professional fanboys.

Edit: I'm not actually that bitter about Tingle's fate. Just genuinely curious about how Nintendo decided that "America hates Tingle."

Eh, I don't know about Tingle, but I do believe IGN was very supportive or at least attentive of Captain Rainbow.

One of the main problems with Twilight Princess, is that they went far too far in trying to appeal to the American audience. I mean, Native American style costumes and people in Kakariko Village, Canyons with red rocky mountains, and a Wild West style town. All while mixed with a very European style medeavil style for the rest of the world!

Twig

Banned
Andrex said:
Eh, I don't know about Tingle, but I do believe IGN was very supportive or at least attentive of Captain Rainbow.
Which is basically hilarious.

Nuclear Muffin said:
One of the main problems with Twilight Princess, is that they went far too far in trying to appeal to the American audience. I mean, Native American style costumes and people in Kakariko Village, Canyons with red rocky mountains, and a Wild West style town. All while mixed with a very European style medeavil style for the rest of the world!
What, none of the things you mention are problems with TP. What the fuck.

Nuclear Muffin said:

None of that is really an issue though.

RagnarokX

Eldin
Faron
Lanaryu

Ordana could represent a 4th as of yet unheard of goddess. Goddess of the master sword perhaps. It was weird that there were 4 spirits.

RagnarokX said:
Ordana could represent a 4th as of yet unheard of goddess. Goddess of the master sword perhaps. It was weird that there were 4 spirits.
Dana will be the name of that sword spirit girl unveiled with the first image of Skyward Sword.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nuclear Muffin said:

I think they did try to appeal to the American manchild audience but not in the ways you are suggesting. The change in art style, the older link, the Ocarina fan service, an extremely long game (far too long), lack of Tingle, I think Aonuma has admitted that they had that audience in mind. Luckily it seems that since then they have basically ignored them and done whatever they want.

Top Bottom