• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection Story trailer

CREMSteve

Spoilers, obviously.

Update: French and English versions up on Gamersyde - http://www.gamersyde.com/news_uncharted_collection_story_trailer-16996_en.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mH2SVyBMAQ

Break me and Sully up if old.

Edit: I should probably thank Wario, as I only found this because of his tweet.

Apparently the new difficulty level is only unlocked after beating Crushing.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015...on_will_boast_a_brutal_difficulty_tier_on_ps4

Uncharted 1 character model comparison:
Trailer was fantastic! Can't believe I'm going to re-buy games I already own.

KORNdoggy

a3rhZ7E.jpg

MMaCzow.jpg

Skux

Yeah the Cologne one is my favourite.

"What's that saying... 'Fortune favours the bold'? Yeah, right. Lucky me."

Godamn! Can't freaking wait!

Well done Bluepoint.

Nope. I think it would take a lot of work to redo her face when you consider the cutscenes. They did the facial animations by hand and having to do all of that again with a new face would be a lot of work for what's probably little gain in their eyes.

Yeah. Atleast her upcoming UC4 design looks fantastic again.

I want to watch this trailer, but I'm seeing a lot of people say it's spoiler-heavy. I've finished Uncharted 1 and 2 but have yet to play 3... should I avoid this trailer or are the spoilers mostly for the first two games?

Memento

I want to watch this trailer, but I'm seeing a lot of people say it's spoiler-heavy. I've finished Uncharted 1 and 2 but have yet to play 3... should I avoid this trailer or are the spoilers mostly for the first two games?

You should avoid.

There is both setpiece spoilers AND story spoilers for Uncharted 3.

Revven

There's some near-end scenes shown in this trailer from UC3, some middle stuff, and some beginning stuff of UC3 that really should be saved for a first playthrough so I'd avoid it if you want to go into UC3 completely blind.

Never played any of them
did play the last of us if that's anything to go by?

I'll wait for a price drop I guess,than maybe I'll check this game out.

Are the cutscenes rendered in real-time this time??

Yea they have to be real time, these scenes look waaaay to clean and run way smoother than the originals to be pre rendered at this point, and they wouldnt even fit all on one disk if that was the case. 1080p 60fps are pretty big changes for just the cutscenes themselves...Which is crazy

As long as we get Nate's Theme 4.0.

It could be another Golden Abyss, where Nate's Theme is in the game's menu, but absent from the soundtrack. The only time Nate's theme has actually be in the game, was
at the end of the first game. You hear the latter portion as the boat sails into the sunset and the credits begin

GnawtyDog

Banned
I like the intent of the trailer. Execution was OK, not great. Needed the magic ND touch :)

Loving everything Bluepoint is doing so far.

I wonder if the music is from Henry Jackman's (yes, Greg Edmonson did not return) score from Uncharted 4.

I am very uneasy about this...:(

I like the intent of the trailer. Execution was OK, not great. Needed the magic ND touch.

Loving everything Bluepoint is doing so far.

I am very uneasy about this...:(

If you saw it, did you like the music to Captain America: The Winter Solider? He did the music to that. And as others pointed out, he also did the music to X-Men: First Class. He's an accomplished composer. I'm sure it'll be fine. Though, I do hope he does not abandon any of Greg Edmonson's themes and motifs.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Watched the trailer with my coworker tonight on our Gamestop tablet. We both got chills watching it. This series man. THIS FREAKING SERIES.

GnawtyDog

Banned
If you saw it, did you like the music to Captain America: The Winter Solider? He did the music to that. And as others pointed out, he also did the music to X-Men: First Class. He's an accomplished composer. I'm sure it'll be fine. Though, I do hope he does not abandon any of Greg Edmonson's themes and motifs.

I saw both yeah. I was always pleased with Greg's work so.... bringing in Hollywood is not necessarily needed - just the unknown has me at bay. It worked with TLOU - kinda...

Gamersyde doing gods work. Youtube quality is just not good enough for my needs.

Edit: Ok on second thought, just a bit long. Music choice was really good.

stryke

Don't really remember Winter Soldier's soundtrack all that well, which probably means I wasn't all that impressed. I can remember bits of First Class though.

Don't really remember Winter Soldier's soundtrack all that well, which probably means I wasn't all that impressed. I can remember bits of First Class though.

There are only two stand out tracks for me:

Captain America The Winter Soldier OST 02 - Project Insight by Henry Jackman (Featured in Blu-Ray menu and when
Nick Fury shows of the gun ships to Cap for the first time

and

Captain America The Winter Soldier OST 09 - Taking A Stand by Henry Jackman (Featured when
Cap and Falcon begin their attack
and during the awesomely retro looking end credits sequence.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Never played any of them

Why would you wait for a price drop? You're getting 2 of the best games on the PS3 and 1 that only failed to inspire 'relative' to the other 2 games in the franchise.

despite most of the trailer being uncharted 3, 1 looks amazing and 2 also looks better. I cant wait to play them all again and see how much they improved 1. I have the steelbook pre-ordered.

Any news on when the Demo will be coming out?

I hope the cheats are included.

Its the main reason i platinum'd 1 and 2.

They removed it in 3 and I didn't beat it on crushing. Coincidence , I think not.

Seriously though.....it better be in guys if you are reading.

Don't make me leave bad yelp reviews or scathing BBB inquiries.

despite most of the trailer being uncharted 3, 1 looks amazing and 2 also looks better. I cant wait to play them all again and see how much they improved 1. I have the steelbook pre-ordered.

Any news on when the Demo will be coming out?

They said summer. If it was in August, I think we'd have heard about it already. So, I assume sometime between September 1st and September 21st. It'll probably be a Tuesday. So, it could be the 1st, 8th, or 15th (or even 22nd if they feel like extending summer). That's my best guess. If for some chance, it is coming next week, it'd be out on the 25th. Though, Europe does Wednesday PSN updates, I believe, so everything would be a day later. So depending on where you live, the date would be different.

PreFire

Great trailer. Although it has mild spoilers

They made an already gorgeous game look even better.
The graphics look great. They definitely remastered it, not just a straight up port. I expect no less from ND

This will hold me off until A thief's end. MGS will hold me down until October, but the online component might have me stuck on it.

Some great games coming up.

GnawtyDog

Banned
There was a short one at E3. For a week or so, it was the only way to get a glimpse at the second half of the E3 playthrough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqTriFUN3PY

Ohh yeah I remember. Doesn't qualify cause reasons tho...:)

No original soundtrack, no composition... just a few cuts :(

They made an already gorgeous game look even better.
The graphics look great. They definitely remastered it, not just a straight up port. I expect no less from ND

Blupoint's work. They're really doing a solid job so far. Only worry is bugs or inconsistencies.

Uncharted 3 was and still is an amazing game.

Man, this trailer reminded me that Uncharted 4 is the end of Drake's story. Really kind of sad-it's an end to an era.

Persona7

Banned
What is this about fitting on the disk? I thought Uncharted 3 by itself pretty much filled up a entire dual layer disk?

Vire

Kinda wish they swapped out doughey Drake in 2 with a model more similar to the first and third game.

That model bothers me a lot more than Elena in 3.

Hoje0308

Banned
Kinda wish they swapped out doughey Drake in 2 with a model more similar to the first and third game.

That model bothers me a lot more than Elena in 3.

His JNCO pants still creep me out.
Never played any of them

Cannot wait for the LTTP.

I'm tempted to fund him. History and the fact that he doesn't know how decimals work leads me to believe that thread will be gold.

Top Bottom