• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eleven: Who Gives a Fuck? We Elected Our Hitler.

That's what I thought. The recruitment of Allen and Murray killed QB recruitment for two or three years. Both transferring before the bowl last year at least had the silver lining of letting recruits know there'd be an opening sooner than thought, if they weren't completely scared off by rumors.

edit: nvm I was thinking of Blumrick not Hubanek. Blumrick comes next year.

cdyhybrid

co5TFab.png

jfkgoblue

Hey here is a positive thought. We can enjoy our football without being totally overwhelmed by political ads for the first time this season.
Anybody wanting to put "literally any other state" in the Pick 'Em should probably do a quick look at the flags for all the other states.

A vote for "literally any other" is a vote for these -
Which one is it that literally confederate + French, literally 2 of the worst things ever.

Hey here is a positive thought. We can enjoy our football without being totally overwhelmed by political ads for the first time this season.

Which one is it that literally confederate + French, literally 2 of the worst things ever.

Mississippi. Georgia got rid of their old one.

cashman

Banned
That's what I thought. The recruitment of Allen and Murray killed QB recruitment for two or three years. Both transferring before the bowl last year at least had the silver lining of letting recruits know there'd be an opening sooner than thought, if they weren't completely scared off by rumors.

A little context for my last post, this was a pretty funny story for degnerates like me who follow the recruiting scene.

3668762_orig.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I mentioned Baylor's recruiting troubles recently and said they may have an even worse top to bottom roster than Kansas here in a year or two.

Just heard the commentator in their game say they were told Baylor is down to 63 scholarship players. That's one fewer than Kansas had last year. For Kansas, that was a new coach's first season; for Baylor, they have two commitments right now and no idea who will even be around to coach them after December.

That's almost the level USC was at when the NCAA death penaltied them.

These commentators in the Alabama game are ridiculous

When they went up 17-0, they highlighted the illegal chop block as being a great play

I don't normally watch Bana, is the bias seriously this bad all the time?

tebunker

Banned
These commentators in the Alabama game are ridiculous

When they went up 17-0, they highlighted the illegal chop block as being a great play

I don't normally watch Bana, is the bias seriously this bad all the time?

Depending on what team you like. Bama fans feel crapped on by most announcers, other teams feel opposite. I think most people just don't get the job announcers have to do. Its not always easy to call it perfectly down the middle

tebunker

Banned
Only at schools like Alabama can your team be up 30-0 at half, and fans are wondering what the heck is wrong, and the coaches are upset about the level of play. We are fully processed as a fan base. I mean I like it.

Play to the best of your abilities and strive to always get better.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That's almost the level USC was at when the NCAA death penaltied them.

And Baylor...isn't USC (or Penn State for that matter). Their comeback road will be much more rocky.

Baylor is in 10th place for total Big 12 wins right now, still behind Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M, despite those 4 teams having not been in the conference for nearly 1/4 of its life. They only passed ISU and KU in 2014.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
IF/WHEN Texas turns it around they will start getting all of the recruits again (not that they don't already to a degree).

Baylor fans need to appreciate how good they've been cause it won't last forever. Talk to Oregon fans.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Baylor just lost their QB for the rest of the season. Pretty ugly injury. Broken ankle or fibula or something as his foot was pointing the wrong way after that tackle.

Didn't even really look in any pain, pretty calm as he just laid there and pointed to his ankle. Coming off that neck injury from last year as well, seems like a pretty tough guy.

Only at schools like Alabama can your team be up 30-0 at half, and fans are wondering what the heck is wrong, and the coaches are upset about the level of play. We are fully processed as a fan base. I mean I like it.

Play to the best of your abilities and strive to always get better.
The most heated I have seen our (Louisville) coaches was when we were up huge and players, especially defense has given up a few m aningless large plays

Expect perfection or never get it

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like every time I flip over to Texas v West Virginia there's another turnover.

Dat adrenaline, or GHB

Sometimes clean breaks don't really hurt too much if they don't screw up too much soft tissue.

His whole demeanor seemed pretty chill, though.

Top Bottom