• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Corps (The Beatles) and MTV to hold a press conference tomorrow! Set HYPE = MAX

Linkified

Right from what I gather, they aid there were going to be unique expereince and they also said it wouldn't just be RB. THerefore why does everyone want it to be Rock Band with The Beatles.

Imagine if you will the film Yellow Submarine then turn that into a game, i.e. A music game with rpg elements. Imagine you chose whether you want to play as Paul, George, Ringo or John and then you engage in random encounters with the Blue Meanies and do it as a dueling guitars kind of setup.

I wounld pay good money for that.

saunderez

Linkified said:
THerefore why does everyone want it to be Rock Band with The Beatles.
Because they want to be able to play The Beatles songs alongside of the other hundreds of songs they already have in Rock Band. If it's a separate game they can't do that.

This sounds like it's going to be the equivalent of playing the Tool venue in GH:WT, except for the fact the whole game is going to be like that venue.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The story of Yoko meeting John is too funny not to be in the game, but she'll never approve it because it makes her look terrible.

TehOh

CurseoftheGods said:
What would they name the game without making it sound too awkward?

I was thinking about this earlier and decided that "Abbey Road" would be an awesome name for *something*

Linkified

I've been thinking re-release The Beatles films and inculde download coupons to get maybe 10% off a track pack of The Beatles Greatest Hits for RB, then do some wacky stuff for the standalone game.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
CurseoftheGods said:
What would they name the game without making it sound too awkward?
Meet the Beatles. :p

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Holiday NEXT year?

This may be the most excruciating wait I've ever had for a video game.

legend166

Let's start talking songs.

I'm listening to the White Album now. From this album, these songs would be great:

Back in the USSR
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion (great bass line)
While my Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Birthday
Yer Blues
Everybody's Got Something..........
Helter Skelter
Revolution (probably get the Hey Jude B-Side)

You could fit others in, but those probably work the most.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Revolution 9 imo.

No, but seriously, Taxman would be perfect. The End for the drum solo. Day Tripper, Drive My Car, She Said, She Said, Etc. But really when it comes to the Beatles, you can only go so far with just the guitar/bass/drum ensemble. No sitar and such. No Norwegian Wood, no Love You To, Tomorrow Never Knows, etc. Some of their best, most iconic songs. For that reason, I think they have to go beyond the core RB/GH concept somewhat to really encompass the band's career. As Linkified mentions. Hopefully RB/GH fans are up to that.

rhino4evr

legend166 said:
Let's start talking songs.

I'm listening to the White Album now. From this album, these songs would be great:

Back in the USSR
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion (great bass line)
While my Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Birthday
Yer Blues
Everybody's Got Something..........
Helter Skelter
Revolution (probably get the Hey Jude B-Side)

You could fit others in, but those probably work the most.

um blackbird?

There will definitely have to be songs that may be guitar and vocals only.

Top Bottom