• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Corps (The Beatles) and MTV to hold a press conference tomorrow! Set HYPE = MAX

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's pretty cool that it is it's own product.
Since peripherals are interchangeable now it's not gonna matter if you're a GH or RB fan.. You can just go buy The Beatles and use whatever instruments you have.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
stuburns said:
Oh yeah, I don't want them to be remixed, but really high quality remastering is almost worthy of buying the game for.
They have to be, unless they go for Frets On Fire-style amateur cheese where what you're doing doesn't affect the track.

Cheech

The leaving off of the "Rock Band" brand was more than likely Apple's call. Unless Harmonix went clinically insane.

StuBurns

Banned
TAJ said:
They have to be, unless they go for Frets On Fire-style amateur cheese where what you're doing doesn't affect the track.
Of course it technically has to be remixed, it's got to be in 5.1 for a start. But people just use the term for meaning the levels and dynamic processing pre-mastering are unaltered.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Cheech said:
The leaving off of the "Rock Band" brand was more than likely Apple's call. Unless Harmonix went clinically insane.
Harmonix is practically their own brand at this point. Heck, that was most of RB1's initial outstanding sales to being with. Pretty safe bet for them, especially with MTV's name behind it.

stuburns said:
Of course it technically has to be remixed, it's got to be in 5.1 for a start. But people just use the term for meaning the levels and dynamic processing pre-mastering are unaltered.
funny thing - Love received a mix for a 5.1 release so even that will be easy to do.

Linkified

stuburns said:
This is the worst post I've ever read in my life, I think just reading it shortened my life.

Personally a Yellow Submarine the game based on the film would be more appealing if they wanted to truly do a different sought of music game. Just think about it like RPG meets RB and personally thats sounds frikkin awesome.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
stuburns said:
What's on the disc is just stems. Technically, the mix is done at run-time.

StuBurns

Banned
Linkified said:
Personally a Yellow Submarine the game based on the film would be more appealing if they wanted to truly do a different sought of music game. Just think about it like RPG meets RB and personally thats sounds frikkin awesome.
That wasn't what I was commenting on. You said you were a big fan of the band, and spelt their name wrong twice, then blamed them splitting up on Yoko Ono.

El-Suave

I like the idea of a standalone anthology, but they'd be crazy if they don't tie this one closer to the Rock Band franchise.
It's pretty much the ultimate win in terms of band exclusivity but Rock Band won't be able to capitalize on it if it just becomes known as "That Beatles anthology game".

But then again I'm sure there's all kinds of contractual obligations as to what they may or may not do.

Linkified

stuburns said:
That wasn't what I was commenting on. You said you were a big fan of the band, and spelt their name wrong twice, then blamed them splitting up on Yoko Ono.

Honestly loads of Beatles fans have disputed this fact, my personal belif is she did when she met John Lennon he wasn't stable and remember the members originally agreed no girlfriends or wives were allowed in the studio when they were recording but John invited Yoko in which could of been due to the fact that she had a grip of him.

Flynn

Linkified said:
Honestly loads of Beatles fans have disputed this fact, my personal belif is she did when she met John Lennon he wasn't stable and remember the members originally agreed no girlfriends or wives were allowed in the studio when they were recording but John invited Yoko in which could of been due to the fact that she had a grip of him.

Your personal belief is mythology.

Tiktaalik

I like the concept of a stand alone game, especially if you play as the Beatles, and it's super, super stylishly made in Beatles themes (imagine playing a yellow submarine level actually in a yellow submarine). However if the game doesn't also unlock those tracks in RockBand or doesn't give some deal on buying those tracks in DLC I will be extremely disappointed.

It would be very annoying if every time I want to play a Beatles track when I'm playing Rockband with friends I have to swap disks.

JavaMava

There absolutly has to be a piano controller now. So many amazing piano based Beatles songs.

Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Let it Be, Long and Winding, organ in She's so Heavy, Martha My Dear.

There also needs to be at least support for 3 mics. Harmonies up the ass. How fun would it be to have a guy on guitar, a guy on bass, a guy on key board, all 3 singing, and a dude on the drums.

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Jared

Tiktaalik said:
However if the game doesn't also unlock those tracks in RockBand or doesn't give some deal on buying those tracks in DLC I will be extremely disappointed.

This. I understand all the reasons why The Beatles is a standalone title and I'm totally willing to pay for one. Still, if you can't transfer the songs to your HDD, there's really not much of a point for existing Rock Band players, other than annoyance.

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
M3wThr33 said:
Also, Paul being dead.
No wonder he was such a dick.

Anyway, the following all played a part in the Beatles' break up:

-Brian Epstein's death
-Paul's bossiness (or Lennon's unwillingness to take control after Brian's death)
-Paul's desire to tour again
-Paul's dislike of Yoko and her presence in the studio
-Paul's refusal to sign a contract with Allen Klein
-Harrison's lack of recognition (only getting a couple of tracks per album)
-Lennon's jealousy of Paul's success (Sgt. Pepper was his idea, and the singles he wrote were doing better than John's)
-Lennon's disinterest in the Beatles
-Apple Records' horrible management
-etc.

malek4980 said:

-Brian Epstein's death
-Paul's bossiness (or Lennon's unwillingness to take control after Brian's death)
-Lennon's jealousy of Paul's success (the singles he wrote were doing better than John's)
-etc.
Reason exists.

And can we all agree Harrison ruled. "For You Blue" is just way too good. Imagine the shit that Harrison could've done with the band.

StuBurns

Banned
I didn't mean to send the thread off-topic by my complaining about the Yoko dig, but it really annoys me that she get so much shit. She's cool, and certainly didn't deserve all the hate, and I can't believe she's still getting crap from people.

By the way, malek4980, I love Jenny Lewis, just saw her in London a week or so ago, amazing.

xbhaskarx

dave is ok said:
I'm guessing rather than creating your own character, you'll play as the Beatles and the venues and clothing will change as it goes along through their whole career.

The Cavern to the Ed Sullivan Show to Wembly to Shea to the Apple Roof.

That'd be a great game, but I don't know if they could do it in 80 songs :)

That would be amazing. I would pay up to $200 for the privilege.

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
Foxtastical said:
Reason exists.

And can we all agree Harrison ruled. "For You Blue" is just way too good. Imagine the shit that Harrison could've done with the band.

His Beatles' tracks were all great with the possible exceptions of "Don't Bother Me" and "You Like Me Too Much." He was definitely underrated and under appreciated.

stuburns said:
I didn't mean to send the thread off-topic by my complaining about the Yoko dig, but it really annoys me that she get so much shit. She's cool, and certainly didn't deserve all the hate, and I can't believe she's still getting crap from people.

By the way, malek4980, I love Jenny Lewis, just saw her in London a week or so ago, amazing.
I dislike Yoko! But I won't blame her for the Beatles' break up.
Unfortunately, I've never seen her in concert, and I don't think she'll be visiting Winnipeg any time soon.

xbhaskarx

-ImaginaryInsider said:
A british invasion themed game with The Beatles headlining would be great...give me a Rickenbacker controller and I'd be in heaven. Put a bunch of early Who/Kinks/Stones/Creation songs in and it would be amazing.

That would be amazing. I would pay up to $200 for the privilege.

Struct09

FF_VIII said:
Sounds like GH:A.

Not seeing the difference (if there is one) tbh.

There will likely be similarities, but it's too early to say there's no difference. They're holding back a lot of details about the Beatles game.

If this game lets you export your songs to play in Rock Band titles, then that makes it completely different than GH:A.

I just finished my Beatles CD collection just last week then they announce this....drool. I would pay alot of money for this, can't wait. Since they can't release their whole catalogue on one disc hopefully they use Beatles 1 as a template for track selection. I'm glad it is a standalone release, gets the attention it deserves and not unrecognized as a simple DLC release. I understand their reason for standalone and that reason is a difference of millions of dollars between retail disc and DLC release.

malek4980 said:
CRRRRRAAAAANNNNNBEEERRRY SAAAAAUUUUUCEEE
WILL PAUL BE BACK AS SUPERMAN WILL PAUL BE BACK AS SUPERMAN WILL PAUL BE BACK AS SUPERMAN WILL PAUL BE BACK AS SUPERMAN WILL PAUL BE BACK AS SUPERMAN

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'd like the game to be as previously suspected. You play through the game, AS THE BAND through the history of the BAND.

Possible Venues:
Some Dump
Hapsburg Germany (cant remember where they were playing there when they learned to rock)
Cavern Club
Some big Brit venue
When they played for the Queen
Ed Sullivan
Abbey Road studios
Shea Stadium
Yellow Submarine Animated Sequence
Help!
Rooftop Show
and a mythologized Reunion Show that never happened

Bonus Tracks could be solo stuff from the four

malek4980 said:

-Brian Epstein's death
-Lennon's jealousy of Paul's success (Sgt. Pepper was his idea, and the singles he wrote were doing better than John's)
-Lennon's disinterest in the Beatles
-etc.
And they never reunited because Paul sued the other three. People love to forget how McCartney tried to forcethe others to accept his in-laws as representatives (probably would have been a wise move actually) and then later sued the others.

stuburns said:

Its true. Yoko has done some great stuff and is a cool lady. Its such a uninformed and tired cliche to blame her for the split of four adult men.

I like Jenny too btw.

So it seems like these songs will not be importable to Rock Band. This is the worst possible news that could come from the best possible thing.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Wizman23 said:
The Beatles Suck

Bring on some good music Harmonix.

Embarrassing.

I remember when I used to think Beatles were overrated. Then I started to listen to the music.

Best rock band ever, sadly the hype is all too true, all too true.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
diffusionx said:
Embarrassing.

I remember when I used to think Beatles were overrated. Then I started to listen to the music.

Best rock band ever, sadly the hype is all too true, all too true.
same here.Everything from Rubber Soul and on AT LEAST has brilliant moments. Everything before is still arguably very important and well crafted pop.

Arkaerial said:
Well this is one step closer to me buying Rock Band (yeah I don't have it). If they would only get both Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd I'd own it in a heart beat.

Winner. I'm not buying another edition of GH/RB until there's Floyd.

A number of people keep saying they should at least make the songs importable to Rock Band. But what if the game is totally different? I mean, to me the wording sounds like you'll be able to play as the band with instruments in only one mode of the game. And what if they finally decided to make it a good music game by making it so when you mess up it actually plays a note but at the wrong time, or a wrong note, not just play nothing and have a sound effect (like Guitar Freaks does)? Then the track you were playing would probably be setup differently than Rock Band.

Cheech

Dreamwriter said:
A number of people keep saying they should at least make the songs importable to Rock Band. But what if the game is totally different? I mean, to me the wording sounds like you'll be able to play as the band with instruments in only one mode of the game. And what if they finally decided to make it a good music game by making it so when you mess up it actually plays a note but at the wrong time, or a wrong note, not just play nothing and have a sound effect (like Guitar Freaks does)? Then the track you were playing would probably be setup differently than Rock Band.

Well, for starters, it kind of shits on the idea of "Rock Band as a Platform".

Cheech said:
Well, for starters, it kind of shits on the idea of "Rock Band as a Platform".

Just because *one* game that happens to be based around music doesn't support it? The fact that it's got ALL that DLC *and* RockBand 2 is fully compatible with 1, supports that "Rock Band as a platform" statement. They aren't cancelling all future Rock Band content by announcing this.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
It would have been nice if this were DLC for Rock Band, or if it were importable into Rock Band, but I will buy it either way. :D

I hope there's a HEAVY focus on the Beatles later albums. Please!

Top Bottom