• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Corps (The Beatles) and MTV to hold a press conference tomorrow! Set HYPE = MAX

rhino4evr

stuburns said:
That's good news, and you're right, I never saw the show, would have liked to though.
The tracks seriously need remastering though, half the Beatles catalogue sounds like it was mastered by an inbred deaf pissed up fuck wit. The mastering on Sgt Pepper is so bad I have to listen to the mono mix.

well that's part of the reason i like love so much. I think it sounds incredible.

Damn, I need confirmation for an export feature...

One one side this sounds like it has nothing to do with RB but on the other side:

From the PR:
"It gives me great pleasure to be part of The Beatles / Apple and Harmonix / Rock Band partnership,” said Ringo Starr.
This sounds good.

I really hope they just didn´t gave it the Rock Band title because it´s more than an album for RB2 (AD/DC). It sounds they´re pretty serious to honor the Beatles with the game.

sneaky77

is a good thing only neversoft is milking their franchise.. rb1, rb2, rb:acdc, rb3, and rb:beatles all in 2 yrs. + weekly dlc

Milchmonster said:
Damn, I need confirmation for an export feature...

One one side this sounds like it has nothing to do with RB but on the other side:

From the PR:

This sounds good.

I really hope they just didn´t gave it the Rock Band title because it´s more than an album for RB2 (AD/DC). It sounds they´re pretty serious to honor the Beatles with the game.

I expect the reason it's not going to be Rock B(r)anded is because you will literally be John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

PLEASE DO THIS WITH GORILLAZ, HARMONIX. I WILL PAY MUCH MONEY.

drmcclin said:
Timed 360 exclusive, sub par PS3 port confirmed?
wat
BenjaminBirdie said:
I expect the reason it's not going to be Rock B(r)anded is because you will literally be John, Paul, George, and Ringo.
I already am John.
emot-colbert.gif

StuBurns

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's a thing.

I'm pretty sure The effing Beatles are calling all the shots here. Not much leverage in terms of Harmonix's personal commitments.
This.

There's no way they didn't want this to be called Rock Band Beatles or something similar.
Apple can do whatever the fuck they want. It's the Beatles.

As for platforms, there's no chance it'll be exclusive, it'll be on everything.

So it's not a Rock Band game? Does it...use Rock Band instruments? And....play like Rock Band?

I'd be all for Harmonix actually doing a new gameplay style after doing Frequencey for...what, 6 years or so, just without different input devices.

sneaky77

BenjaminBirdie said:
It's a good thing this isn't a Rock Band game.

Do you not expect it to be the same thing as rockband, except with a different name + beatles songs, because if it's something different that requires a whole other set of peripherals or what not, then is even worse.

Kafel

Banned
7:37 -- "Game takes advantage of the Rock Band platform in many ways that we'll discuss down the road." (Well, okay. Good. I think people are just hoping that this isn't Wii Music. - CK)

woot woot

DarkJC

I AM JOHN! said:
And that's a good thing?

I don't care IF the songs can be exported. If not...then it's like they're moving backwards, honestly. Regardless of whatever band they've got on board.

sneaky77 said:
Do you not expect it to be the same thing as rockband, except with a different name + beatles songs, because if it's something different that requires a whole other set of peripherals or what not, then is even worse.

No, I'm sure it will use regular Rock Band peripherals, but to think that Harmonix is behind this "milking" and not the owners of the licensing rights of THE BIGGEST SONGS OF ALL TIME, that just doesn't make sense to me.

rhino4evr

anyone that thought that The Beatles would be just a small add on, obviously misunderstand the power of the property. The Beatles do not do ANYTHING small. They are one of the biggest, if not the biggest name in rock music. This has much more universal appeal then just RB2 DLC

sneaky77

BenjaminBirdie said:
No, I'm sure it will use regular Rock Band peripherals, but to think that Harmonix is behind this "milking" and not the owners of the licensing rights of THE BIGGEST SONGS OF ALL TIME, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Well at least your tag is proving to be very accurate

RBH

7:36 -- Why not call the game "Beatles Rock Band?" Because they're going into new creative territory, says Alex. "new creative exploration of their music and a celebration of their legacy... deserves a fully dedicated title."

7:37 -- "Game takes advantage of the Rock Band platform in many ways that we'll discuss down the road." (Well, okay. Good. I think people are just hoping that this isn't Wii Music. - CK)

Harmonix turns into Activision, confirmed. Now all they need to do is bring out ALL NEW instruments as well, so most of you will buy those too. :D

Magik

rhino4evr said:
anyone that thought that The Beatles would be just a small add on, obviously misunderstand the power of the property. The Beatles do not do ANYTHING small. They are one of the biggest, if not the biggest name in rock music. This has much more universal appeal then just RB2 DLC

Ding! Ding!

There's no way in hell The Beatles would be regulated to DLC or an 'expansion' of another property. They're the fucking Beatles. They call the shots.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
Oh, milking. Such a retarded term that makes no sense with these games.

I agree,.. but is so commonly used to insult one company while at the same time praising another is kinda funny to me

Off-topic, but:
7:39 -- They're going to address the question of digital distribution of Beatles catalog. "All I can say is that we're still working out the details, we have no announcement to make, no date or any information," says Jeff Jones.
Translation: we're trying to figure out how to do this, but we still hate the fuck out of Apple, so we'll let you know when we figure out how to do it ourselves.

StuBurns

Banned
People should stop comparing the Beatles to any other band. It is not the same thing.

I AM JOHN! said:
Off-topic, but:

Translation: we're trying to figure out how to do this, but we still hate the fuck out of Apple, so we'll let you know when we figure out how to do it ourselves.
The catalogue is being remastered for an iTunes release. They're just lying.

DarkJC

BenjaminBirdie said:

I'm not sure if you're one of the people who pronounced Activision evil for "milking" the GH franchise, but if you are, get Harmonix's figurative cock out of your mouth. The "Harmonix can do no wrong" act gets really really old.

And if you aren't, good for you.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is one step closer to me buying Rock Band (yeah I don't have it). If they would only get both Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd I'd own it in a heart beat.

I can't wait until they announce Rock Band: Milli Vanilli. You'll need to buy an all new microphone that you sing into, but nothing comes out.

rhino4evr

stuburns said:
People should stop comparing the Beatles to any other band. It is not the same thing.

seriously...The Beatles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X 1000 Aerosmith.

Not to mention (like always) the four members/wives are directly involved. This will be a BIG project for Harmonix, much bigger then Rock Band 3. Lots and lots of money at stake.

TuSeiSkeefoso said:
I can't wait until they announce Rock Band: Milli Vanilli. You'll need to buy an all new microphone that you sing into, but nothing comes out.
Girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's girl you know it's.

DarkJC said:
I'm not sure if you're one of the people who pronounced Activision evil for "milking" the GH franchise, but if you are, get Harmonix's figurative cock out of your mouth. The "Harmonix can do no wrong" act gets really really old.

And if you aren't, good for you.

No, I just think they're terrible at making music games that appeal to my tastes. It has nothing to do with milk.

Grecco

Technically its not milking if its not branded with the Rock Band Plataform trademark in front of t. :) Plus you can release a Rock Band 3 near christmass too!

herod

hehe

why are people discussing this like it's going to be one game?

I expect at least five (red, blue, sgt. peppers, at the very least, plus rickenbacker guitars).

rhino4evr

herod said:
hehe

I expect at least five (red, blue, sgt. peppers, at the very least, plus rickenbacker guitars).

more then one game? That would be silly.

herod said:
hehe

Where do you see five games in this announcement?

Though I will say, I will totally buy a Hofner Violin Bass if they make one.

herod

I AM JOHN! said:
Where do you see five games in this announcement?

Though I will say, I will totally buy a Violin Bass if they make one.

I see it between the lines. This is the biggest game/music deal in history, no way will it be limited to one release.

StuBurns

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I'd say one guarantee is a bundle with a special guitar replica and, I don't know, Yellow Sub modeled drums or some shit.
It'll be the rooftop gig gear I bet.

It's the iconic image.

beatles_rooftop.jpg

Magik

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'd say one guarantee is a bundle with a special guitar replica and, I don't know, Yellow Sub modeled drums or some shit.

There's definitely going to be some sort of 'limited' edition hardware. They would be crazy not to.

Top Bottom