• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Corps (The Beatles) and MTV to hold a press conference tomorrow! Set HYPE = MAX

Brand new game, baby.

ETA:

7:13 -- Van Toffler, president of MTV Music and Logo group, takes the mic. "Today, we're announcing an exclusive partnership with Apple Corps, MTV Games, and Harmonix to create a brand new video game featuring the music of the Beatles." Emphasis mine: So, this is a brand new game, eh?
7:14 -- Talking about how fans will be able to experience Beatles music in an "interactive, new way." Giles Martin, son of George Martin, to serve as music producer on the project.

7:13 -- Van Toffler, president of MTV Music and Logo group, takes the mic. "Today, we're announcing an exclusive partnership with Apple Corps, MTV Games, and Harmonix to create a brand new video game featuring the music of the Beatles." Emphasis mine: So, this is a brand new game, eh?
OOOOOOOOOHHHH SSSSSHIIIIIIIII-wait, what?
Today, we're announcing an exclusive partnership with Apple Corps, MTV Games, and Harmonix to create a brand new video game featuring the music of the Beatles.
a brand new video game featuring the music of the Beatles
brand new game
brand new game
If it's anything like GH:Aerosmith, much as I will buy it day one, fuck you Harmonix stop vindicating GreatDave. :|

snack said:
FUCK! I have to buy a SEPERATE game to play The Beatles songs.

That's so fucking lame.

You'd have to buy DLC separately. History tells us the songs will be exportable. How is this different? Like, at all?

renzo said:
Im the only person on this planet, Besides Suda Goichi, who hate The Beatles??

I can understand not liking The Beatles, or just not being into them, but hating them is extreme. They've influenced every musician after them. They are an incredibly important band and they did a lot to expand what could be done on a mainstream level.

The Beatles aren't my favorite band but they have really enjoyable music and I have the utmost respect for them.

RBH

7:15 -- Toffler about to pass it off to Rigopulos, but first: "We're not necessarily in the business of producing standalone music games for every band out there," he says, but this was a "perfect confluence."

rhino4evr

of course its a new game. The Beatles are a BIG name, do you think they would just throw them in as online DLC only? Maybe there will be a track pack for RB2

parasight

For those who thought Beatles would be relegated to DLC: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This will be even bigger than a "track pack" like that AC/DC thing. It'll be full-featured out the wazoo, moreso than Aerosmith.

jibblypop

Banned
Just yesterday I was complaining about the choice of music on the Rock Band 2 disc and now they announce the Beatles edition? I take back all complaints. Beatles > everything

If they go the GH: Aerosmith route, "Tomorrow Never Knows" by The Chemical Brothers (or "Setting Sun") wouldn't be the worst fucking thing in the fucking world.

BenjaminBirdie said:
You'd have to buy DLC separately. History tells us the songs will be exportable. How is this different? Like, at all?
Why don't we wait for confirmation before we jump to that conclusion. :|

I think it will be too, but if they got the balls to make Rock Band: Beatles as a game and not a track pack, you got to think they might have the balls to say you can't export it.

Alex picks up. "This is not just a Rock Band expansion pack, it is much much more than that." A "ground-up" project, a journey through the band's imagery and how the band evolved through their time together. This is a tall order.

THIS IS GONNA BE SO DEF

7:17 -- Alex picks up. "This is not just a Rock Band expansion pack, it is much much more than that." A "ground-up" project, a journey through the band's imagery and how the band evolved through their time together. This is a tall order.

it sounds pretty ambitious. More than GH:Aerosmith.

rhino4evr

stuburns said:
That album is an abomination.

Im talking about the Vegas show. not the album. The show was absolutely fantastic, and the soundtrack fits it well.

listening to just the Love album is 2% of the actual experience.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
it sounds pretty ambitious. More than GH:Aerosmith.
No, it sounds EXACTLY like GH:Aerosmith, except without the other songs. The only difference is that I like the Beatles and not Aerosmith. :|

witness

By having an entire Beatles game they can offer so much more in that package than just a Beatles DLC pack. Think about it, they could have Beatles documentaries, live performance videos, and all sorts of extra's that can't be in just DLC.

Great move, can't wait for it.

parasight

I AM JOHN! said:
No, it sounds EXACTLY like GH:Aerosmith, except without the other songs. The only difference is that I like the Beatles and not Aerosmith. :|

7:18 -- Q&A starts. First question -- it's not a "Rock Band" branded title, says Rigopulos. Will be released holiday of next year.

No this is definitely A LOT bigger than GH: Aerosmith.

RBH

7:18 -- Q&A starts. First question -- it's not a "Rock Band" branded title, says Rigopulos. Will be released holiday of next year.

7:22 -- Game will take us all the way through the Beatles' first album "Please Please Me" all the way to "Abbey Road."

StuBurns

Banned
rhino4evr said:
Im talking about the Vegas show. not the album. The show was absolutely fantastic, and the soundtrack fits it well.

listening to just the Love album is 2% of the actual experience.
Giles had nothing to do with the show.
EDIT: Outside of the music of course.

Milchmonster said:
It´s not a Rock Band branded title?

Fuck, that doesn´t sound too god concerning exporting the songs.
Exactamundo.

At leas there's this:
7:23 -- The music will be based on the UK releases. Martin says: "We are trying to keep to, as much as possible, is for people to play the songs as though they're playing the originals... More of a way for them to interact with what they know very well as opposed to us remixing as we did in Love."

Otheradam

This sorta goes against the whole "platform" thing. There better be a way to export songs or HMX are the biggest hypocrites ever.

Otheradam said:
This sorta goes against the whole "platform" thing. There better be a way to export songs or HMX are the biggest hypocrites ever.

It doesn't look like this has anything to do with Rock Band at all at this point.

7:26 -- Does this mean Rock Band won't get Beatles music at all? They aren't saying.

ETA: As far as being hypocrites, yeah, they should have stuck to their guns. And turned down THE BEATLES.

7:26 -- Does this mean Rock Band won't get Beatles music at all? They aren't saying.
Well, at least this gives me a tiny modicum of hope for exporting songs into Rock Band. I still have a sneaking suspicion that it won't happen.

I cannot wait to take an insane amount of drugs and play this game. You know, just to get the full Beatles experience of course.

But seriously, this sounds awesome. The Beatles are probably the only artists that truly deserve a standalone game (sorry Aerosmith, you suck). They have enough good songs in such a wide variety of styles that they'll easily be able to fill up the disc with incredible tracks. I just hope we get more Sergeant Peppers Beatles and less Hard Day's Night Beatles.

rhino4evr

stuburns said:
Giles had nothing to do with the show.
EDIT: Outside of the music of course.

Well when you see the show, you'll understand why the album is so damn good.

relax though, they just announced they will be originals not remixed.

Magik

It sounds more like a standalone Music game about the Beatles being developed by HMX rather than a Rock Band expansion.

sneaky77

parasight said:

No this is definitely A LOT bigger than GH: Aerosmith.

No is not... they described exactly what GH:Aerosmith and GH:Metallica are doing.. the video snips may be larger or what not.. but the concept is the same as I understand it from what they said.

StuBurns

Banned
rhino4evr said:
Well when you see the show, you'll understand why the album is so damn good.

relax though, they just announced they will be originals not remixed.
That's good news, and you're right, I never saw the show, would have liked to though.
The tracks seriously need remastering though, half the Beatles catalogue sounds like it was mastered by an inbred deaf pissed up fuck wit. The mastering on Sgt Pepper is so bad I have to listen to the mono mix.

Top Bottom