• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S7 |OT| of Jazz Hands, Suppressing Fire & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That was some classic Archer right there. They didn't suck ass at their jobs! I love when the writers remember that Sterling was supposedly one of the greatest spies ever. The ending 10 minutes of the episode had me laughing so hard I almost had tears.

"Say I won't!"

Ourobolus

Banned
Cheryl slapping Pam and immediately getting punched and then going on as if nothing ever happened...I couldn't stop laughing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Last episode was really good
already wanna rewatch it

Santiako

That was an amazing episode. Cheryl, Ray and Pam on the spinning chairs had me laughing my ass off for some reason.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I kept my eye on the credits this week and noticed a familiar name... JG Thirlwell.

Inverse: 'Archer' Is Stealing The Composer From 'Venture Brothers' For Its LA Reboot
So let’s talk Archer then. How did you come to be the score guy for the funniest animated spy show on television?

The creators contacted me and asked me what it was that I did on Venture Bros. I scored to animatic, scored to picture, talked to the director and mapped it all out. That was our process. So they asked, “How would you like doing that for Archer”? It came from them. And it’s a big deal because this is the first season they’ve used a composer. They’ve been using needle-drop stock library music and wanted to take it to the next level.
I did not realize the show only used stock and other licensed music in previous seasons. Thirlwell is awesome, so that's a perk for this year.

The interview gets into some of his process of scoring these animated shows, and about all his other projects.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
That voice-mail scene was fucking fantastic; I can't believe how long they dragged it out for lol.

I kept my eye on the credits this week and noticed a familiar name... JG Thirlwell.

Inverse: 'Archer' Is Stealing The Composer From 'Venture Brothers' For Its LA Reboot

I did not realize the show only used stock and other licensed music in previous seasons. Thirlwell is awesome, so that's a perk for this year.

The interview gets into some of his process of scoring these animated shows, and about all his other projects.
Awesome pull sir! Haven't seen the second episode yet, looking forward to rectifying that later tonight. Hope it was funnier than the first!

Red

The second episode is very good.

Cheryl getting punched and popping right back was done so well. That, with Archer's cliff fall last episode, creates a slapstick feel the show never really had till now. I love it.

kmfdmpig

Interesting. My roommate used to love his music. I am surprised to hear he's doing TV now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._G._Thirlwell

OmegaFax

Patton Oswalt nailed it. His humor and timing fit in Archer perfectly.
The scene where he talks about his dogs shitting everywhere got me every time.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Patton Oswalt nailed it. His humor and timing fit in Archer perfectly.
The scene where he talks about his dogs shitting everywhere got me every time.

thank you
I knew I recognised the name

This thread is way slower than I thought it'd be! But yeah, great episode. Bit that got me the most was Ray's "I look gay?" just as they began to walk away from the camera

Coolluck

I really enjoyed the 2nd episode but I don't think I more than lightly chuckled in the first episode. I was really worried that they had run out of steam. We'll see how episode 3 pans out.

Acerac

Banned
The best thing about the voicemail scene is that even I wasn't sure whether or not it was going to turn out to be a voicemail

I knew the situation, I knew it made all the sense in the world for it to be what was actually happening...

But yeah, "Voicemail hoax! Voicemail hoax!"

that voicemail was great for how crazy the voice editing was on that one. edit: pretty sure I heard a wood chipper in there too. :D
Patton Oswald was great too.

Also, speculation about the season's setup with the guy in the pool:
Archer is totally going to have to fake his death because he no longer has a license to kill, yet somewhere, somehow, manages to do exactly that. Rampage mode will do that. Either that, or they really are going with a possible exit strategy for the show (nooooo).

Santiako

that voicemail was great for how crazy the voice editing was on that one. edit: pretty sure I heard a wood chipper in there too. :D
Patton Oswald was great too.

Also, speculation about the season's setup with the guy in the pool:
Archer is totally going to have to fake his death because he no longer has a license to kill, yet somewhere, somehow, manages to do exactly that. Rampage mode will do that. Either that, or they really are going with a possible exit strategy for the show (nooooo).

Or it's just this guy:

2V1J1Ut.jpg

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Not the greatest episode, but solid nonetheless. Good to have Archer back. Loved the name that pam says towards the end,
Furlock Bones
probably got the biggest laugh out of me.
This part was my favourite. I laughed so hard. And the way Pam said it lol.

vypek

So AJ really is an octoroon. I thought they were just changing ancestry when she was called quadroon before.

Also feel really bad for Archer in prep school. Animation in this is so damn good

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good stuff. I liked this one better than last week's episode. Also, echoing what others have said: the animation in tonight's episode was some of the best they've done.

Matt_

Cyril with the Silence of the lambs fantasy omg

Joyful

Cyril with the Silence of the lambs fantasy omg

cyril has had pretty dark thoughts for a few seasons tbh
sometimes I wonder if its foreshadowing instead of just stress induced fantasies but then I remember this is a comedy show.

and yeah the animation has been pretty great this season, a+ stuff so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom