• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Pungza

Along with Street Fighter X Tekken, we're going to get Tekken X Street Fighter... a completely different game, developed be Tekken's developers.... so this really is a battle! Sweeet!
G4TV blog

Amir0x

Banned
Leviathin25 said:
Other game is Tekken VS SF? Like rumor said?

Most likely.

Street Fighter X Tekken will be SFIV gameplay/visual style, and the fighting will be more like Street Fighter games.

And Tekken X Street Fighter will be Tekken visual/gameplay style, and the fighting will be more open like a Tekken game.

Probably.

yurinka

"Along with Street Fighter X Tekken, we're going to get Tekken X Street Fighter... a completely different game, developed be Tekken's developers.... so this really is a battle! Sweeet! "
Amir0x said:
Most likely.

Street Fighter X Tekken will be SFIV gameplay/visual style, and the fighting will be more like Street Fighter games.

And Tekken X Street Fighter will be Tekken visual/gameplay style, and the fighting will be more open like a Tekken game.

Probably.
For sure

AdroitOne

Neo Member
StickyFingers said:
But uhh, you can no longer play it online anymore, because uhh, original xbox Live is gone, uhh..

Yes, I know. But even when it was still up, people were asking for this seemingly not knowing that they could already play it online.

It's an exciting announcement regardless for Street Fighter fans. Since I'm not a SF fan, I'm even more excited that I can whoop up on those SF fans with my King and Raven (they better be in SF vs Tekken) :D

Dizzy-4U

"Along with Street Fighter X Tekken, we're going to get Tekken X Street Fighter... a completely different game, developed be Tekken's developers.... so this really is a battle! Sweeet! "

As expected :D

Along with Street Fighter X Tekken, we're going to get Tekken X Street Fighter... a completely different game, developed be Tekken's developers.... so this really is a battle! Sweeet!

What? 2 Games?

Hope they will be a bundle or something.

Wonder if they pick and choose which characters are in which, depending on what they can do.

Like, those that can use powers/weapons will be in SF vs T, and those that really don't will be in T vs SF.

EDIT: Oh, so it's kinda like a contest. See who can develop the better crossover fighter.

Zapages

DoDonGouki said:
This is bullshit. Way too much...

Imagine EVO:

SSF4
Tekken 6
SF vs Tekken
Tekken vs SF

They'll need to expand evo to more than just one weekend affair. I am guessing a week will suffice.

So SF fans get a new game with a bunch of characters they don't care about, and Tekken fans get a new game with a bunch of characters they don't care about.

Great. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DoDonGouki said:
This is bullshit. Way too much...

Imagine EVO:

SSF4
Tekken 6
SF vs Tekken
Tekken vs SF
The King Of Fighters XIII
So awesome.

MiamiWesker said:
I am far more interested in Tekken vs SF.
Yeah. I don't really see how the Tekken characters will add anything particularly new to 2d fighting, but the SF characters in a 3D game (if they make some changes to fireball mechanics like left and right directionality) can be a big deal.

vg260

Green Scar said:
So SF fans get a new game with a bunch of characters they don't care about, and Tekken fans get a new game with a bunch of characters they don't care about.

My sentiments exactly.

AdroitOne said:
Yes, I know. But even when it was still up, people were asking for this seemingly not knowing that they could already play it online.

It's an exciting announcement regardless for Street Fighter fans. Since I'm not a SF fan, I'm even more excited that I can whoop up on those SF fans with my King and Raven (they better be in SF vs Tekken) :D

Yeah, but those SF Anniversary copies were hard to find.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
MechaX said:
BOOO.

I wanted to see Virtual Fighter v. Tekken before SF v. Tekken.

Still, an absolutely left-field announcement.

YES! This should have definitely happened before SF vs Tekken. I am so disappointed that game never came to fruition.

Don

Green Scar said:

And fans of both get two games with characters they do care about!

Teknoman

Not going to lie, since its Bandai-Namco, I would've wanted to see Street Fighter X Dragon Ball after playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom. That would've made more sense then Street Fighter X Tekken ( how many Tekken characters have projectiles?).

I guess they could adjust some characters/ add a few new moves to even things out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Hopefully they space out the release of these games. Learning one fighting game already eats up enough time. That plus more people to play online.

While I dont know if either of those games will pull me away from SSF4. This conference definitely delivered. I worry a little bit that two fighters will cause some confusion and dilute the market though. I kinda think it would be better to be one game and you get to choose which style at the start screen. I know it isnt that easy though and they are making 2 whole new games.

Top Bottom