• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Conference is over.

Hmmm... Thought there was gonna be another announcement? Is there another conference from Capcom?

TreIII

Well, it's not my first choice, but SF v Tekken sounds like a game that I could stand to try out. Will wait to see gameplay.

Skilletor

SF anniversary on Xbox had major stick compatibility issues, even when using 360. Not to mention the slowdown on bc emulation on 360.

I'm interested to see how both tekken and sr characters transition to each game. Vids please?

Zapages

Wizpig said:
From page 1.

This was true only because of the "New SSF4 characters? Arcade version! see ya at TGS!" thing.

Same here... I was waiting for that announcement. :| So I guess another month of speculations. :(

SpeedySwaf said:
I can't help but feel that if one does way better then the other, it'll create some really hard feelings between them.

Capcom vs Snk 2 was leagues better than Snk vs Capcom Chaos and the relationship never really suffered.

Snk on the financial level on the other hand...

Match of the Millenium on NG pocket may have helped them out a bit

Wizpig

Wait, judging by the Street Fighter X Tekken photos... this is not a "new" game, this is Street Fighter IV with new (Tekken) characters.

Goddamn, i hate SF IV graphics, and now they are making a new game with those exact graphics / style.

There's Jin instead of Ken, but...

yurinka

Wizpig said:
Wait, judging by the Street Fighter X Tekken photos... this is not a "new" game, this is Street Fighter IV with new (Tekken) characters.

Goddamn, i hate SF IV graphics, and now they are making a new game with those exact graphics / style.

photos? where?

Wizpig said:

So wait they've already started using asssets from previous games in new games, al la alpha 3 Guile?

Edit: Also yeah, gimme dem photos

224.jpg

Skilletor

Wizpig said:

Did you miss the part where it said "chun li assist"? Not going to be like sf4 if it has assists.

Pimpbaa said:
You are basing this on what?

All the rivalry stuff from the panel? Ono said that 'true SF fans' will only use SF characters, for example.

Of course, I could and may well be wrong. Just the impression I was getting.

Wizpig

Skilletor said:
Did you miss the part where it said "chun li assist"? Not going to be like sf4 if it has assists.
2 vs. 2 game like Tatsunoko, but the engine, if you ask me, looks like the SF IV one.
Terrible colors, etc.

MoxManiac

Kusagari said:
There's no way SFIII doesn't show up at EVO. Damn they really have too many games for EVO now. :lol

Well if they have backbone do SF3 they'll fuck it up somehow, like they do everything else.

Please stay away from backbone, capcom.

Wizpig

yurinka said:
Ryu and Chun-Li look like have 100% the characters models and animations from SFIV
Tekken vs. Street Fighter will probably be Tekken 6 with Street Fighter characters and slightly different gameplay from the actual Tekken 6.

Not really interested, but then again i'm not really interested in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 either.

... where are my new SSF4 characters, Ono... ?

MoxManiac said:
Well if they have backbone do SF3 they'll fuck it up somehow, like they do everything else.

HD Remix came out fine and the netcode was smooth 90% of the time. I'm all for Backbone.

So ummm.... what was the big announcement by the way? I did some digging but found nothing.

yurinka

MoxManiac said:

True.

I think the Flock / Final Fight guys are a safer bet.

The FF port is great: not fucked up with bizarre art and tons of bugs, the on-line works, it uses GGPO, OST remixed by the Bionic Commando Rearmed music, has a ton of unlockable extras and the best filter that I saw to simulate old arcade cabinet displays.

I would love to see 3rd strike with the same feature set than FF.

[Nintex]

MoxManiac said:

So we have

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Udon/Eighting(?)
Street Fighter III: Online - Backbone Entertainment(?)
Tekken vs. Street Fighter - TOSE
Street Fighter vs. Tekken - Dimps

Pimpbaa

kenta said:
I honestly expected Darkstalkers. Kind of disappointed, even though I used to LOVE Tekken back in the day

So did I. But at least it's still better than just yet another port of SF3.

Kusagari

I'm really interested to see how the hell Scamco can get the SF characters working in Tekken. Tekken characters in SF should be fairly easy to implement but the SF characters in Tekken sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

[Nintex] said:
So we have

Street Fighter III: Online - Backbone Entertainment

Oh? Is this seriously not being made by the SF4 team?

Dexa

Banned
Kusagari said:
I'm really interested to see how the hell Scamco can get the SF characters working in Tekken. Tekken characters in SF should be fairly easy to implement but the SF characters in Tekken sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

idd - interesting how they want to integrate projectiles.

vg260

So, is this actually Ono's project or he he just hyping it? Please tell me he's still free to develop Darkstalkers. I want that sooo badly.

yurinka said:
True.

I think the Flock / Final Fight guys are a safer bet.

The FF port is great: not fucked up with bizarre art and tons of bugs, the on-line works, it uses GGPO, OST remixed by the Bionic Commando Rearmed music, has a ton of unlockable extras and the best filter that I saw to simulate old arcade cabinet displays.

I would love to see 3rd strike with the same feature set than FF.

NO BACKBONE for the love of God Capcom!

Get the Flock/FF: DI guys to do it!

[Nintex]

2&2 said:
So, is this actually Ono's project or he he just hyping it? Please tell me he's still free to develop Darkstalkers. I want that sooo badly.
Yeah, if all it took was people waving around with their money I could've send him such a picture and got the ball rolling ages ago.

-Eddman-

Wow, just 30 minutes after the announcement and there's people already bashing these games to death. Never change fighting game fans! :lol

Teknoman

[Nintex] said:
So we have

When was Backbone confirmed?

SSFIV3DS looks SO FUCKING TIGHT. OK, blurry pics, whatever, but those screens appear to be better looking than the E3 ones, which I thought weren't too hot.

Hope Capcom put direct-feed shots up somewhere soon.

Wizpig

[Nintex] said:
So we have

Does Capcom even have "Capcom teams" these days?
Like Nintendo / EAD.

These are still Capcom games, sure, but... i don't know why they don't put at least the DIMPS logo, for example.

Top Bottom