• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Bleepey

It's kinda funny that The most expected crossovers in fighting games, MK VS SF, and Tekken VS VF were not made but damn i ain't complaining. This was a twist in the fighting game rennaisance that M. night Shaymalan could not have thought of.

MoxManiac said:
Well if they have backbone do SF3 they'll fuck it up somehow, like they do everything else.

Please stay away from backbone, capcom.

Hey! At least backbone can get tournament modes right!

Wish they announced CvT up for download rather than 3S, really want to play that game after evo alas I have no Wii.

[Nintex]

Teknoman said:
When was Backbone confirmed?
Added a question mark, it might be someone else maybe Inti Creates(do they do fighting games?) or... who else is Capcom involved with these days?

Wizpig said:
Does Capcom even have "Capcom teams" these days?
Like Nintendo / EAD.

These are still Capcom games, sure, but... i don't know why they don't put at least the DIMPS logo, for example.
If Dimps keeps pumping out quality titles I won't complain, Capcom still has R&D departments but they're too busy with porting shit for Jun Takeuchi, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

entremet

[Nintex] said:
So we have

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Udon/Eighting(?)
Street Fighter III: Online - Backbone Entertainment(?)
Tekken vs. Street Fighter - TOSE
Street Fighter vs. Tekken - Dimps
What are you basing this off? Other than Dimps.

[Nintex] said:
So we have

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Udon/Eighting(?)
Street Fighter III: Online - Backbone Entertainment(?)
Tekken vs. Street Fighter - TOSE
Street Fighter vs. Tekken - Dimps
I don't think Marvel 3 is external simply because Capcom doesn't licence MT Framework (see Dead Rising 2)

yurinka

Teknoman said:
When was Backbone confirmed?
Never. I think he's just trolling / joking.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Eighting
Street Fighter III: Online - Not confirmed (I bet Proper Games)
Tekken vs. Street Fighter - Tekken series team
Street Fighter vs. Tekken - SFIV series team (Capcom + Dimps)

_dementia said:
I don't think Marvel 3 is external simply because Capcom doesn't licence MT Framework (see Dead Rising 2)
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24084

Dead Rising 2 developers decided to use their own engine to allow 7000+ zombies in screen, that is the reason of why they didn't use it.

[Nintex] said:
Awesome, they should totally work on Pac-Man vs Mega Man next. :lol

Also I sense that this might be part of something bigger like Chrono Trigger(Enix+Square) this'll eventually cause a merger between Capcom and Namco forming Capco.

Isn't Namco already merged with Bandai? I always thought it was Namco Bandai, or Bamco, Skamco, etc, etc.

Sadist

Green Scar said:
SSFIV3DS looks SO FUCKING TIGHT. OK, blurry pics, whatever, but those screens appear to be better looking than the E3 ones, which I thought weren't too hot.

Hope Capcom put direct-feed shots up somewhere soon.
what where

NEED TO SEE

[Nintex]

Sohter.Nura said:
Isn't Namco already merged with Bandai? I always thought it was Namco Bandai, or Bamco, Skamco, etc, etc.
Yes they are, but I believe the Namco side of things is in dire straits again.

Sadist said:
what where

NEED TO SEE
20scfh4.jpg

not much to see

ultim8p00

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Awesome, they should totally work on Pac-Man vs Mega Man next. :lol

Also I sense that this might be part of something bigger like Chrono Trigger(Enix+Square) this'll eventually cause a merger between Capcom and Namco forming Capco.

Campcom

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
2&2 said:
So, is this actually Ono's project or he he just hyping it? Please tell me he's still free to develop Darkstalkers. I want that sooo badly.

NO BACKBONE for the love of God Capcom!

Get the Flock/FF: DI guys to do it!

I really like SFIIT:HDR and the Backbone guys did that right? Why all the hate?

Wizpig

Soooooo...

*coughs*

Are there other Mega Man (Universe or other games) announcements coming up or not, in the next hours?

The Hermit

Kimosabae said:
I'm not gonna lie; I'm growing weary of the entire versus concept but... that was fucking hot.

WALL BOUNCES!. REAL JUGGLES!. Gimme this game.

Exactly!!

Ryu's Joudan kick is back! :D :D

I Hope Makoto is back and good again...

Green Scar said:
SSFIV3DS looks SO FUCKING TIGHT. OK, blurry pics, whatever, but those screens appear to be better looking than the E3 ones, which I thought weren't too hot.

Hope Capcom put direct-feed shots up somewhere soon.

At least 2 of them are the E3 ones! :lol

It always looked fantastic.

Wizpig said:
Soooooo...

*coughs*

Are there other Mega Man (Universe or other games) announcements coming up or not, in the next hours?
SOMEONE ANSWER THIS MAN!

*sigh* I think the closest Megaman announcement we'll get today is that servbot in the screenshots.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Soulstar said:
I'd rather have Namco vs Capcom. Both companies have many great characters limiting it to just Tekken and Street Fighter seems like such wasted potential.
Capcom isnt gonna want two company wide crossover games, and Marvel has bigger pull than Namco.

But then again, Capcom doesnt seem worried about flooding the market. They are masters at whoring out franchises.

ILikeFeet said:
sooooooo........what's the difference between SFxT and TxSF sans gameplay and art? will they have the same content?

5878_16.jpg

The Capcom version will have SF4 style gameplay with changes, the Namco version will have Tekken 6 style gameplay with changes. So you'll see Jin with command specials and so on in SFxT while you'll see Ryu with 10 hit juggle combos in TxSF.

Hopefully 3rd Strike online is two things:

1. Based on Arcade Rom and NOT the home ports (all the home ports were flawed, plus Arcade has built in widescreen support perfect for HD).

2. Proper games/GGPO. Backbone would not be the end of the world, but Proper does much better work.

New costumes for Super is always welcome. New characters for Super is also welcome! Tekken Vs. SF? Hey, why not? Total cash in, but could be pretty cool.

Arpharmd B said:
Hopefully 3rd Strike online is two things:

1. Based on Arcade Rom and NOT the home ports (all the home ports were flawed, plus Arcade has built in widescreen support perfect for HD).

2. Proper games/GGPO. Backbone would not be the end of the world, but Proper does much better work.

New costumes for Super is always welcome. New characters for Super is also welcome! Tekken Vs. SF? Hey, why not? Total cash in, but could be pretty cool.
No, the only version of SF3 with widescreen is 2nd Impact.
New Generation and 3rd Strike are 4:3 only.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
The Capcom version will have SF4 style gameplay with changes, the Namco version will have Tekken 6 style gameplay with changes. So you'll see Jin with command specials and so on in SFxT while you'll see Ryu with 10 hit juggle combos in TxSF.

so content (characters, etc.) will be the same?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Meh SF vs Tekken and vice versa.

I'm more hyped for Street Fighter 3rd Strike online. Only if it's not backbone + they redo the sprites (fat chance of either).

TheSeks said:
Meh SF vs Tekken and vice versa.

I'm more hyped for Street Fighter 3rd Strike online. Only if it's not backbone + they redo the sprites (fat chance of either).

3s sprites are beautiful.

Redone sprites would be a travesty. Seriously.

Plus. To put this into perspective of what a collosal undertaking it would be to redo the animation in 3s. One character in 3s has more animation frames than the entire cast of Super SF2 Turbo combined.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, as awesome as it would be, HD sprites would be insanity. I mean, they're making sure they have a lot of time to work on it, but I don't know if they'll want to spend all that time on the sprites.

Top Bottom