• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2016 Week 0: The Big Aloha from Down Under

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
These are some high quality defenses on display.

Championship defense.

no defense at all

Hawaii auditioning for a spot in the Big 12 .

Playing defense on these teams must be nice since there's zero expectations.

x7uyW.gif

Now that I see the logo more clearly, it looks like a poor man's NFL logo. At least the general shape of a shield. Which I guess is quite broad.

cdyhybrid

Ugh. About what I expected from UH. Running game looks solid but lots of work to do elsewhere.

Feeling optimistic about Myles Gaskin going up against this Cal D.

*yawns obnoxiously*

Oh the game is over!? Wow what a thrilling start to the season. Lots of exciting offense but Cal's defense was just a little less worse in the end. Looking forward to next weeks slate of games.

ryseing

Hope so. Not sure how to feel about the game at this point.

Dean Legge of Dawgpost/Scout is saying that the starting job at UGA is Easons due to sources inside the program that say Smart met with all the QB's and told them where they stood.

Eason has played with the first team exclusively this week and Lambert and Ramsey have rotated with 2's and 3's.

They have a new QB and Chizik's defense isn't really all that great. Only thing you need to worry about is their rushing attack. Dunno if going with Eason is the wisest move though. Nationally televised game against a top 30 team is a helluva first start.

andycapps

They have a new QB and Chizik's defense isn't really all that great. Only thing you need to worry about is their rushing attack. Dunno if going with Eason is the wisest move though. Nationally televised game against a top 30 team is a helluva first start.
I think if they go with Eason it's because they feel Chubb, Michel, and Holyfield will be full go for the game and that they can beat UNC to death rushing the ball and then have Eason throw simple passes.

It's probably also because they know what they can get out of Lambert and that Eason must really be impressing them in practice. Smart comes from the Saban school of choosing an experienced, conservative QB so if he deviates from that I think they feel confident they can put together a gameplan that Eason can handle.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish with all of the big games next weekend we could have gotten just 1 of them to move to tonight to spread it out more.

Top Bottom