• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light trailer/screens (Ubisoft JRPG, Rayman Engine, PC/360/PS3/WiiU/XB1/PS4)

Shengar

Straight into my veins please.

I might be alone in this but while some parts look nice others look like a cheap and low budget indie game to me. The monsters are hardly animated at all.

And why JRPG? Side scrolling and only 10HP, there's no J in this RPG.

Its only to describe the style (and also inspiration for this case), much akin to Souls game which oftenly cited as "Japanese" WRPG.

PokéKong;81011117 said:
Hmmm I'm interested by not impressed yet. Yeah it looks like a fancy beautiful well made game, but nothing looks very creative, lots of generic fantasy stuff, and that combat seemed real run of the mill. I can't think of a one person party turn-based battle system that's turned out well.

This game would like to have a word with you.

pds1.jpg

Haunted

Main character looks out of place, like the artwork is on another layer without proper shadowing/interaction with the background.

Aside from that, it's gorgeous.

edit: it looks more coherent in motion, the screens enhanced the effect for some reason.

Jawmuncher

Really enjoying seeing these new IPs from Ubi. Sure they're digital only but that's the beauty if it. They're taking risks whichll easily be profitable and in turn expands their library and the type of games they offer.

Zarx

Ubisoft are killing it with their smaller projects, they are on the way to being my favorite big publisher.

Someone at Ubisoft must be sick or someone found a way to sneak interesting small projects past the people who are busy with their shitty big ones.

RPGCrazied

Dat artstyle. I thought this would be a downloadable title. It's getting a retail release? That's cool, I hope the game has plenty of content.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It seems that anything based on Ubi-Art engine is gorgeous. These 2 games announced today look and seem really great. I love the fact that Ubisoft is investing in this kind of games. Even the mobile game Pirates looks like it could be something else in the world of mobile games.

I am looking forward for these games.

Top Bottom