• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

All my other arsenal kits have Fabregas on them. Except last year it was blank. Fuck RVP

More obvious than Podolski?

I think Podolski is gonna be useless. I haven't seen much from him in Club play these past few years to say otherwise. Even his International form has been dipping.

I still think RVP will be a United player by Sep 1st.

I can't see Arsenal saying no to £20m for him just to save face.

Who is reporting that you bid £20m?

We wouldn't be rejecting it to save face though. He's an injury-prone 29 year old who'll need to have another great season if he wants the (touted) £200k+ deals he's being offered this summer. Morale is also very good in the squad, regardless of his stance, so we're in a solid position.

Messi

1. City
2. United
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool (I went there)
5. Spuds (if they get ade)
6. Chelsea (manager is gonna get exposed and his first few months will fuck the second half of the season)
7. Newcastle

deroli

I was way more excited before last year's supercup against schalke. We played really well, forgot to score and lost in a penalty shootout. During the season, we played shitty in gelsenkirchen but won in the end. So I don't really care about the result today, whether we'll win or lose. The most important thing: no injuries!

Should be higher.

Should have been lower

sMKNK.jpg

1. City
2. United
3. Arsenal
6. Chelsea (manager is gonna get exposed and his first few months will fuck the second half of the season)
7. Newcastle

lol

Well good luck with that. I think Wigan will win the league.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
1. City
2. United
3. Arsenal
7. Newcastle

iFUrJN9a9xxXO.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus director general Beppe Marotta confirms they are “negotiating to bring Fernando Llorente here, but it’s not easy.”

Emhemed

Terrible miss by Robben, luckily for him Muller was there to save his blushes. btw how good is Mandzukic ? Good start to the game

PaulLFC

Someone who plenty of our fans seem to think is reliable ("macca", never heard of him myself) reckons:

- Sahin very close to signing
- Expecting City to return with more bids for Agger so expects him to leave

Good news and bad. No idea if these are true of coure, hoping the Agger one is false for a start. Tony Barrett didn't seem to know about the Times article on RAWK - just said that as far as he's aware the latest is Rodgers has said he's "not aware of any more bids".

We're starting the season with Danny Simpson.

How sad is that?

Bale and Sigurdsson are going to be laughing come Saturday.

Meh, can't lie what I'd have hoped we would have upgraded but he did a good job last season. Hopefully we'll strengthen in January, this window just hasn't worked out for it. It happens :(

As for Spurs, it's not going to be easy but it never was away from home to them!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Meh, can't lie what I'd have hoped we would have upgraded but he did a good job last season. Hopefully we'll strengthen in January, this window just hasn't worked out for it. It happens :(

As for Spurs, it's not going to be easy but it never was away from home to them!

I honestly think the Newcastle-Spurs game is too close to call. We could, god help us, field an XI that includes Defoe up front on his own with Jenas and Livermore as the central pairing. On the other hand, if Levy pulls his finger out and the players have a good week of training, we could roll up with Adebayor up front and Sandro/Huddlestone in the middle.

I honestly think the Newcastle-Spurs game is too close to call. We could, god help us, field an XI that includes Defoe up front on his own with Jenas and Livermore as the central pairing. On the other hand, if Levy pulls his finger out and the players have a good week of training, we could roll up with Adebayor up front and Sandro/Huddlestone in the middle.

I don't think it's going to be the walk in the park for you guys that Kyoufu thinks it is. We both have our squad problems at the minute, we could be without Colo, Tiote, Ba and Cisse too (although Ba and Cisse are unlikely not to play).

I think it'll probably be a 1-1 or something.

Kweh

Good glimpse of life without RVP in that first half. All 3 new signings impressing, we looked really good. Still think RvP will stay though.

Kyoufu

Bale and Sigurdsson will cause us so many problems. Going to be frightening to watch.

If Modric plays too then fuck me, it won't be pretty.

Yen

Someone who plenty of our fans seem to think is reliable ("macca", never heard of him myself) reckons:

- Sahin very close to signing (on loan?)
- Expecting City to return with more bids for Agger so expects him to leave

Good news and bad. No idea if these are true of coure, hoping the Agger one is false for a start. Tony Barrett didn't seem to know about the Times article on RAWK - just said that as far as he's aware the latest is Rodgers has said he's "not aware of any more bids".

Macca has got a lot right:
- claimed Rodgers would join when everyone was panicking over Martinez
- said Allen would join, about a month back, and said Borini was the other target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom