• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Conte dissing my playing style on FM, resisting the urge to respond only because I know my preferred responses won't be available.

Sloane

Banned
I think 4th to 6th place is realistic for Dortmund this season, the whole preseason has been pretty bad. Impossible to top last season anyway.

Fry

1st goal (Mandzukic)

iHUTzNEUd9Yav.gif

2nd goal (Müller)

ibnux0uvnxI5Pp.gif

Meier

1st goal (Mandzukic)

http://i.minus.com/iHUTzNEUd9Yav.gif[IMG]

2nd goal (Müller)

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibnux0uvnxI5Pp.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Holy shit at that pass on the first goal. :o Second one was quite lucky with the rebound coming right to Muller.

Carbonox

All on Alan Pardew to convince Vurnon Anita that Newcastle is worth joining. I'd imagine said discussion will occur tomorrow. I'm confident that Anita will sign as he was reported to be interested in a move to Newcastle, irrelevant of his desire to talk to Pardew first.

Everything's set. Plus it would be great if we could get him in before our game against Spurs, especially if we lack Tiote. Anita has been playing pre-season for Ajax so I can see him being thrown on to the bench for the Spurs game, as he'd be fit. Tim Krul can help him out until he grasps the English language (unless he knows some already).

Salvadora

"I have left a door open for being transferred to another league," Hulk told reporters.

"I have preference for playing in the Premier League or the Spanish Liga, because they are the two leagues that are the most seen all over the world.

"I didn't talk too much with my agent about the chance of being transferred, because I have been on duty with the Brazilian national team at the Olympics.

"This could be the time for me to move. I would feel comfortable with moving clubs and the English league is one that appeals to me."
Reckon he might stay at Porto.

Kyoufu

All on Alan Pardew to convince Vurnon Anita that Newcastle is worth joining. I'd imagine said discussion will occur tomorrow. I'm confident that Anita will sign as he was reported to be interested in a move to Newcastle, irrelevant of his desire to talk to Pardew first.

Everything's set. Plus it would be great if we could get him in before our game against Spurs, especially if we lack Tiote. Anita has been playing pre-season for Ajax so I can see him being thrown on to the bench for the Spurs game, as he'd be fit. Tim Krul can help him out until he grasps the English language (unless he knows some already).

Apparently we're close to getting Toivonen too for 8 million Euros.

I want Debuchy and a CB though. :(

That's 8 million more than you should give for him.

Agreed. Would prefer Remy from Marseilles.

Carbonox

Apparently we're close to getting Toivonen too for 8 million Euros.

I want Debuchy and a CB though. :(

Agreed. Would prefer Remy from Marseilles.

Fuck Toivonen.

Seriously, Debuchy, Douglas, Anita and Remy. Not fucking difficult given the prices tagged for the 4 of them. Debuchy and Anita want to join Newcastle, Douglas most likely would be up for it, and Remy could be convinced.

But no. We have to make it difficult for ourselves by playing hard to get. It's something that we can't do 100% of the time if we want to compete for top 6/7 again. We need to spend that little bit more for a player or two who can genuinely make a difference.

We'll get destroyed by Spurs anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Kyoufu

Hodgson tried to sign him for us a few summers back. So, yeah.

Looking at his stats, 52 goals in 108 league games for PSV ain't bad. Has a decent international record too.

He can also play on the wing right? Not bad at all.

Fuck Toivonen.

Seriously, Debuchy, Douglas, Anita and Remy. Not fucking difficult given the prices tagged for the 4 of them. Debuchy and Anita want to join Newcastle, Douglas most likely would be up for it, and Remy could be convinced.

But no. We have to make it difficult for ourselves by playing hard to get. It's something that we can't do 100% of the time if we want to compete for top 6/7 again. We need to spend that little bit more for a player or two who can genuinely make a difference.

We'll get destroyed by Spurs anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I know man, I know :(

Debuchy should have been here already!

Zabojnik

Bayern's squad looks defintely stronger than last year's.

But not strong enough to win against Napoli, apparently!

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta confirms they are “negotiating to bring Fernando Llorente here, but it’s not easy.”

"Athletic Bilbao have called a Press conference for Monday." WELL WELL

HABEMUS STRIKERAM!
Maybe.

It makes it easier to troll other Serie A teams.

tutaug12.jpg

I like how they immediately point out "But a top player is needed" below, haha.

Come on. The only thing that's really different is that Dortmund is still in 'training mode' and cant run their high energy football. Mandzukic is still awesome though, i think that Mandzukic + Gomez will be awesome together (it's not like Müller's doing that much more than Gomez).

edit: dont get me wrong, i'd love to be more excited but so far i'm just thinking that Dortmund and their fans are trying to lure us into a false sense of security.

I only said Mandzukic is a way better player than Gomez and will make Bayern better.

Bundesliga matches against BVB will be a lot of harder, the second half showed this. Like I said, Kehl or Bender was missing, Reus not fully integrated yet and Klopp might as well have played with 10 players. Großkreutz had one of his "I'm tired as fuck and can't play" matches and was useless.

I love Schieber already, great work before Lewandowski's goal. And I can't wait to have real Götze back, he looked pretty good in those 30 minutes.

confuziz

Banned
Looking at his stats, 52 goals in 108 league games for PSV ain't bad. Has a decent international record too.

He can also play on the wing right? Not bad at all.

I know man, I know :(

Debuchy should have been here already!

He's a number 10 or striker. Doesn't have enough speed to be on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom