• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

deroli

Well, it certainly was an entertaining match. Our first half was bad, zero shots on goal and an unorganized defence. Second half was MUCH better, we should have scored another goal with all these opportunities. In the end, it was a very close result and to be fair, we won our last five matches (the important ones) against Munich in a similar manner to their victory today.

Messi

Never.

0iDV2.jpg

He looks like an older Rob Lowe take that as you will.

I do not want Llorente to leave Bilbao/Spain

elsk

Banned
A0H4dtVCIAAqTHQ.jpg

Thanks for all the amazing GIFs, Fry!
Thanks, Yurt!

I only said Mandzukic is a way better player than Gomez and will make Bayern better.

Bundesliga matches against BVB will be a lot of harder, the second half showed this. Like I said, Kehl or Bender was missing, Reus not fully integrated yet and Klopp might as well have played with 10 players. Großkreutz had one of his "I'm tired as fuck and can't play" matches and was useless.

I love Schieber already, great work before Lewandowski's goal. And I can't wait to have real Götze back, he looked pretty good in those 30 minutes.

I think it was pretty clear Götze will be the player to take the Kagawa spot, and Reus should be played as winger.

Großkreutz was shit because he was doing the only job he has against Bayern: stopping Robben. But since Kroos was not slowing down the attack as CAM and Gomez is injured, the 4 attacking players were rotating and moving all over the place so Großkreutz wasn't able to do his shitty job.

Schieber looked very good.

I think it was pretty clear Götze will be the player to take the Kagawa spot, and Reus should be played as winger.

Großkreutz was shit because he was doing the only job he has against Bayern: stopping Robben. But since Kroos was not slowing down the attack as CAM and Gomez is injured, the 4 attacking players were rotating and moving all over the place so Großkreutz wasn't able to do his shitty job.

Schieber looked very good.

Why? Götze played on the right most of the time, the way he always does. This match doesn't say anything about Reus, anyway. He's far from his best and will do better in the next few matches and it will likely be in the center. Götze didn't look 90 minutes match ready yet and thus I can't see him starting over a fully fit Perisic/Großkreutz/Reus/Kuba.

No, I think I'm more familiar with Großkreutz than you. He was his too tired to get his play done.

Wilbur

Banned
I love it when the Dortmund and Bayern fans argue. When it's all the English club supporters there's always a hint of banter or joking about it all but elsk and Phantask especially get into arguments and I fucking love it

Kyoufu

I love it when the Dortmund and Bayern fans argue. When it's all the English club supporters there's always a hint of banter or joking about it all but elsk and Phantask especially get into arguments and I fucking love it

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Wilbur

Banned

Pretty expensive imo.

£15m is a fair enough price if he can reach his potential. Far better than the £25m it seemed we were told to pony up for him.

It's just a shame his career will stagnate for a year or two until Barry and De Jong are out of the picture, and by then I expect a bigger player to have come and replaced him.

You know, I legitimately hope we get Llorente and I hope the combination of Marotta's statement and Bilbao's presser tomorrow means we'll have our prima punta.

But for once I wish Marotta would be coy with the media. I have a feeling they sabotage our chances. RVP? Suarez? Jovetic? Yes, we are interested in them.

officenonono.gif

You know, I legitimately hope we get Llorente and I hope the combination of Marotta's statement and Bilbao's presser tomorrow means we'll have our prima punta.

But for once I wish Marotta would be coy with the media. I have a feeling they sabotage our chances. RVP? Suarez? Jovetic? Yes, we are interested in them.

officenonono.gif

You say this like you had a real chance at landing Suarez.

ShogunX

Pretty expensive imo.

It's viewed expensive because Rodwell has a history of injuries and has recently had trouble with his hamstrings. As for Rodwell as a player he has a lot of potential and can play multiple roles within a team. Being a young player at Everton under David Moyes hasn't helped Rodwell develop as fast as people thought he would, This is probably due to the way Everton setup (Play many matches not to lose rather than to win).

Think people forget that Rodwell is only 21 and has over 100 appearances for Everton already. Fair enough he's not looked the best in a lot of games but then there are other games like against Man City last season that he does things like mark David Silva out of the game.

I think given a more defined role in a top team along with a bit of trust from his manager will lead to Rodwell becoming a very good utility player for City. Another thing to mention is that early in his career he was expected to go on and be a top quality ball playing CB.....Moyes soon cut that out by playing him on the wing.

Kyoufu

I have to admit I'm loving Graham Carr's scouting more by the minute.

15 million would bag us multiple players far better than Rodwell could ever hope to be.

Then again, 15 million is absolute peanuts for City, so I'm sure their fans give zero fucks as long as new names come in.

Wilbur

Banned
I have to admit I'm loving Graham Carr's scouting more by the minute.

15 million would bag us multiple players far better than Rodwell could ever hope to be.

Then again, 15 million is absolute peanuts for City, so I'm sure their fans give zero fucks as long as new names come in.

Well dc's at the point where he actively wants Scott Sinclair and called Marwood 'based' because Jack Rodwell signed.

Wilbur

Banned

There you have it lads.

If RVP signs as well as a new centre midfielder, if Welbeck gets ample playing time, if Kagawa plays high up the pitch, I'll be delighted.

If RVP signs and we end up not spending any more money, Welbeck gets pushed out for hardly any playing time and Kagawa plays deep in midfield, I'll be fucking arsed off.

dc89

That reminds me, I need to make my new twitter account tomorrow.

ITK_Agent69

Surely if it was a done deal, he wouldn't have played today. If he picked up a injury...

If RVP signs as well as a new centre midfielder, if Welbeck gets ample playing time, if Kagawa plays high up the pitch, I'll be delighted.

If RVP signs and we end up not spending any more money, Welbeck gets pushed out for hardly any playing time and Kagawa plays deep in midfield, I'll be fucking arsed off.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

It's strange that I'm not too excited over signing a guy coming off of a 30 goal PL season. But signing RVP just seems so... superfluous. Yes, he'll strengthen the side, but not in the areas where we need the most strengthening.

Clegg

From 9 hours ago :lol

Football Agent ‏@agent_153
If it is not released tomorrow morning. I will stick to my promise and leave twitter. I'm sad to have to do that, because I have...

If however I am right (which I will be) I am now considering also leaving twitter. I don't need this abuse at my stage in life...

...I am in a good job which I love and losing my twitter account will not affect my career #PeopleChangeSoQuickly
Hes going awfully far for someone that is clearly on a wind up.

dc89

Why did you choose 17?

Rodwell: well there's not many numbers available but 17 is in between Aguero and Barry who are top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom