• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

|OT| of Robben is better than Crystiano

iZ9bFnQVgjKH3.png

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'll forever hate Suarez for what he did at the WC

He got his team to the next round I'd have done the same thing. It's the world cup man

---Hold on boys!

I have to follow this on my phone :( At least I'll see the game tuesday which should be good since Chile has been talking shit.

FootballFan

I'll forever hate Suarez for what he did at the WC

Yeah he saved his country and got the right punishment! Suarez is a JT a lot of the time, but what he did at the world cup was 100% ok by me. Did he cheat? Nope, he got a red card and was sent off, they got their penalty and screwed it up, everything went by the rules. There are many reasons to not like Suarez, what he did at the WC is not one of them.

Yeah he saved his country and got the right punishment! Suarez is a JT a lot of the time, but what he did at the world cup was 100% ok by me. Did he cheat? Nope, he got a red card and was sent off, they got their penalty and screwed it up, everything went by the rules. There are many reasons to not like Suarez, what he did at the WC is not one of them.
I don't blame him but I wouldn't describe it as "100% okay".

On some level at least, it was morally wrong.

Like I said, I don't blame him (and quite possibly would have done the exact same), but not sure I'd give him as much of a free pass as that.

Yen

Like I said, I don't blame him (and quite possibly would have done the exact same), but not sure I'd give him as much of a free pass as that.

Steady on, Friedrich.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

But he didn't get a free pass. Ghana was a awarded a penalty and then he missed the game versus Netherlands, where Uruguay needed every goal scoring chance they could get (though Lugano's absence was probably more vital in that match).

FootballFan

So Messi, would you hate Leo Messi if in the CL final, he saved a Ronaldo header off the line with his hand, Messi gets sent off, Ronaldo goes on to miss the penalty and Barca win ? Hell no, so don't see why Suarez should be hated there. If I was from Uruguay he would have turned into an instant hero. edit Also Viva my main point is, if he had gotten away with it, it would have been pretty disgraceful, but he got the right punishment(red card) and Ghana got the right reward(penalty) (that is what I meant by 100% ok)

Give me some source material and I'm on it

ZnDQy.jpg

Salvadora

So Messi, would you hate Leo Messi if in the CL final, he saved a Ronaldo header off the line with his hand, Messi gets sent off, Ronaldo goes on to miss the penalty and Barca win ? Hell no, so don't see why Suarez should be hated there. If I was from Uruguay he would have turned into an instant hero.
Somehow I don't think Messi would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom