• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
20120925-br715psaex46mat13ki6223yu9.jpg

Clegg

United only have two league games in the next twenty five days.

By then we should have Jones and Smalling back in training. Vidic out again is a blow but hopefully we'll be able to rotate our defenders a bit more to lessen to risk of injury.

Clegg

Looks like Evans and Rio will be our main CB pairing for the next while. I'm not too worried by that tbh. They played together for the majority of last season and formed a decent partnership.

But our midfield will still need to step up and offer more protection to our defence.

dc89

Denis Suarez has a mini interview in tonight's programme.

Says he enjoys playing for City but he wishes there could be a way to allow a B team to operate in lower leagues. He also says he would like to go on loan.

LegoArmo

United will be fine without Vidic for 2 or 3 months. It's more the fact that he's injured again so soon that worries me. The medical staff at this club seem to have some issues.

Also, fuck the fantasy league for making Baines point 2 of a million more expensive.

Clegg

I'm beginning to think that it's not just the medical team thats the problem.

I've read that training at United is very intense.

Perhaps the players are being overworked?

But it's rather worrying that Vidic was cleared to play and then gets injured only a few weeks later.

Vidic injury is a big blow. He was struggling to get back to his best, understandably, and this will set him back. Its the same knee and his original injury was very serious itself. It was a combination of injuries. This set back will make it even tougher for him to get back to his best - has to be big doubts about that now.

Short term it means we lose our captain for some really tough matches. Back to 2 defenders who are flimsy themselves.

I want Michael Keane to play tmrw now. He is gonna need some game time cos we may well need him soon.

Kyoufu

I have ludicrous expectations as to the degree of experimentation and surprise and wonderment this fixture will bring.

Newcastle had better not show up.

Colo and Tiote back I think.

This will be funny to watch. Could get spanked hard here as I doubt we'll field our first team.

Clegg

There has been a bust up at Zenit.

Igor Denisov and Alex Kerzhakov have been demoted to the youth team after questioning why Hulk and Axel Witsel are earning so much more than anyone else in the squad.

Denisov: I’m certainly not against foreign players coming to Zenit, but there must be a balance in the team.

“Yes, the club has bought good players, but do you think they are so much better than us that they should make three times as much?

“Zenit already have great players who have won as many titles as the new guys. I would understand if we got Messi or Iniesta. They would deserve any price.

doicare

Vidic injured for several months? Sigh. If at the end of the season Man City win the title on goal difference again i can see people pretending that Man City are a better team than Manchester United just like last season ignoring all the injured United players.

dc89

Hmm. I quite fancy a Real Madrid jersey but I don't quite know if I'd want printing (team of JT's :p ) but who would GAF get?

Vidic injured for several months? Sigh. If at the end of the season Man City win the title on goal difference again i can see people pretending that Man City are a better team than Manchester United just like last season ignoring all the injured United players.

Dude... it's 8 weeks / 2 months.

Meier

Mancini is expected to include youngsters Denis Suárez, Abdul Razaq and Luca Scapuzzi in the squad while Carlos Tévez and Mario Balotelli are likely to lead the line after only being used as substitutes against Arsenal.

Interested to see what the squad looks like today. Mancini said he doesn't really care about the COC and would rather work on retaining the title so it should be a pretty young side. I wonder if he'll start Pantilimon (or Wright even)?

Gambit

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/533578_537567002926662_384880715_n.jpg

such a great pic. last time they faced each other olic played for bayern and mandzukic played for wolfsburg

Very nice pic. Great trade for us! Still, I'll always like Olic. He seems a decent bloke.

Maybe you will then realize it's not just about having "the better team" but the best team that isn't full of half dead injury prone players, not much use of having a great player if he only plays for a few months every season. But I'm sure the City fans won't care if they lift the trophy again, you can have the award for BEST TEAM then.

Has anyone heared of that? How can this happen?

http://www.supersport.com/football/europe/news/120925/Vida_pays_hefty_price_for_beer_stunt

Vida is asked to pay a 100'000 € fine for having opened a beer can in the team bus. How can that be?

The most important thing: "opening a can of beer on the club's bus en route to a game". It's crazy that any professional player even does that. The fine is certainly high but well that's something that should never happen again, so I unterstand it from the club's view.

dc89

Maybe you will then realize it's not just about having "the better team" but the best team that isn't full of half dead injury prone players, not much use of having a great player if he only plays for a few months every season. But I'm sure the City fans won't care if they lift the trophy again, you can have the award for BEST TEAM then.

The Moral Cup. That tournament starts again very soon.

doicare

If a team buys a player who's known to be injury prone and then he gets injured, then yeah it's that teams stupid fault for buying a dodgy player and i've got no sympathy. But before last season Vidic wasn't injury prone and averaged 30 games a season in the league, if Vincent Kompany suddenly from out of nowhere was injured for two years is that bad luck or Man City's fault?

Salazar

If a team buys a player who's known to be injury prone and then he gets injured, then yeah it's that teams stupid fault for buying a dodgy player and i've got no sympathy. But before last season Vidic wasn't injury prone and averaged 30 games a season in the league, if Vincent Kompany suddenly from out of nowhere was injured for two years is that bad luck or Man City's fault?

1aERp.gif

You're actually on a winner. Don't let Wooden off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom