• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Wilbur

Banned
2-1 Chelsea for me, we'll let in two goals in the first 20 minutes and then dominate the second half but only score 1 while Chelsea look dangerous on the break.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATAR

I liked the Bendtner one. :(

It was too small heh.

HELP!

EDU1d.png

Kyoufu

And then you can watch the Merseyside derby and the London derby on TV. Huge day of football.

London derby?

I've bet on United to win that one, its just the sort of thing they'll do. Van Persie to bag a hat trick.

They haven't won there in years. So yes, they'll probably get a win today. I'm cheering for Chelsea though because we both know Man United are the biggest scum on the face of the earth.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You guys have RVP and Rooney against Chelsea's shoddy defense.

Yeah, if Defoe and Sigurdsson can conjure up 20 something shots at Cech, I'm sure RVP and co can. It will be a goal fest today. Maybe another 3-3.

qindarka

Banned
Don't think history counts for anything here. Man United are on better form, have a better team, and are fresher. Home advantage might mitigate some of this but it likely won't be enough.

I wish this match was at Old Trafford.

qindarka

Banned
Eh.

I'm not sure about any of that,

Better form - Man United are on two straight wins including a heroic comeback against Braga in midweek. Chelsea had a good win at Spurs but were awful against Shaktar.

Better team- Man United finished 2nd on GD last season whereas Chelsea only finished 6th. The table doesn't lie. Chelsea might have improved their team but so have United with the acquisiton of the best (or at least top 3) striker in the world

Fresher - Chelsea had to travel thousands of miles away to Ukraine whereas Man United played their midweek game at home.

Kyoufu

Don't think history counts for anything here. Man United are on better form, have a better team, and are fresher. Home advantage might mitigate some of this but it likely won't be enough.

I wish this match was at Old Trafford.

You've gone undefeated while playing stronger teams.

COME ON CHELSEEEEEEEAAAAAAA

Better form - Man United are on two straight wins including a heroic comeback against Braga in midweek. Chelsea had a good win at Spurs but were awful against Shaktar.

Better team- Man United finished 2nd on GD last season whereas Chelsea only finished 6th. The table doesn't lie. Chelsea might have improved their team but so have United with the acquisiton of the best (or at least top 3) striker in the world

Fresher - Chelsea had to travel thousands of miles away to Ukraine whereas Man United played their midweek game at home.
Heroic comeback is a bit much. That we were 2-0 down to easily says alot also. Chelsea's win against Spurs was a far more impressive result. And 2 games doesn't exactly dictate form. I agree form doesn't matter a whole lot but Chelsea are top and haven't really looked close to losing in the league this year, United have been patchy to say the least.

As for last season. As you say, Chelsea's team is just so different in personnel and style that last season's results aren't all that important.

Fresher - yeah you probably have a point there. But this early in the season I'm not sure fatigue is a huge issue.

Kyoufu

You've hit rock bottom, Kyoufu.

You deserve COME ON CHELSEEEEAAAAAAA as a shame tag.

This is your finest moment Kyoufu. You should wear a COME ON CHELSEEEEEEEAAAAAAA tag as a badge of honour.

donotwant.gif

Rock bottom would be me cheering Man United after years of hating their guts.

I only hated Chelsea because of John Terry last season.

*generic chant*

COME ON CHELSEA! COME ON CHELSEA! COME ON CHELSEA!

Moobabe

doicare?

qindarka

Banned

I am not really making excuses. Only the third point count be construed as such. I was admitting United superiority. And self-handicapping so a loss will be easier to take.

And the pessimism might be exaggerated but I do actually believe in the points I'm making.

Well if there's a record that proves Frogson doesn't control the refs, it's that one. A single win away to Chelsea (in 8 years?) is embarrassing.

No team consistently wins at Stamford Bridge, really. Only Liverpool has managed it recently, with three straight wins there and four in total since 2003.

Everton 0 Liverpool 2
Chelsea 3 United 1

Gerrard to score twice in the derby. RVP to give United an early lead at SB before Chelsea equalise just before half time and seal the win with two goals in the last 10 minutes.

Elswhere:

Newcastle 2 WBA 1
Soton 1 Spurs 4

Top Bottom