• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT6| Mumei almost banned EVERYBODY (but just Wilbury)

Cunt of a linesman. Utter spineless cunt. If you don't have the bollocks to make decisions like that, get the fuck out of top-level officiating

@Fry8, Ba should have one less for the handball as well :p

PJX

Man, what a fucking disgrace. No words for this.

Referee was awful. How Fellaini was still on the pitch is a big fat fucking question mark for me. And that goal. Jesus.

To be fair, the same could be said about Sterling, he should have gotten two yellow cards.

Hope toon and spurs win as it would bank me £36 on a double I did with a £10 free bet

One of them will fuck up though

Michael McIntyre at the MEN tonight, winner

sohois

Going away from the decision at the end, the game itself was great though much calmer in the second half. Defensive howlers from both teams though. Liverpool really need to be able to put together a consistent back 5 for just a few games, it so often seems like players at the back just aren't used to each other and what they are supposed to be doing. Each of Agger & Skrtel & Enrique were largely brilliant, but the small mistakes combined to let Everton back in.

Rodgers had a good second half, with his changes really blunting any Everton threat, though the Mirallas injury also helped. A shame Assaidi was once again denied an opportunity - and really Rodgers could have put Wisdom in a back three rather than make 2 changes, but it generally worked pretty well. Also interesting that Liverpool basically abandoned the possession based approach in the second half to play more of a counter style, which still had some effect. Looks like there are plan Bs in place for Rodgers.

GorillaJu

Gary Neville saying the linesman bottled it.

Yeah, he's absolutely right.

Look at how the ref doesn't call offside until after the goal is in and Suarez is celebrating. Everton players appeal for offside and it's given. My god. What a fucking disgrace.

Fry

Bayern v Leverkusen: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Badstuber - Gustavo, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Kroos, Alaba - Mandzukic

Alaba starts on the wing, Robben on tha bench!

Skrtel was faultless I felt. Had to stand off Jelavic and give hims a few small chances, but prevented him from getting a clear sight on goal by avoiding the temptation to get too close, which Jelavic punishes more often than not

GorillaJu

I'm sorry for getting a bit hotheaded during the match earlier. I like to play my character a little bit but perhaps took it too far.

Hope I haven't made too many enemies in here tonight.

Still pissed off though :(

Labadal

I personally don't think the refs had a good game. Fellaini and Jagielka could have been sent off. The same goes for Sterling and Suarez.

The Jagielka situation was the yellow card. Either call the decision and give a red, or don't do anything about it.

GorillaJu

The one thing that doesn't bother me about that decision is that I don't think we'll be battling for a top 4 place anyway this year, but I like to see us win games even if we don't get the win on the results table because it means we're improving.

Wasn't he played out of position?

No, he just wasn't ready for this type of game. Everton didn't give us any time and we couldn't get the ball out of our half enough early. He'll learn.

Did I say this already? Sorry if I'm repeating myself can't remember if I mentioned it once or not.

spidye

Heynckes doesnt want to bench any of the 3 CB's. Same shit he pulled last year, he always rotates the same players and the "core" players are starting every match before they inevitably break down.

I think he wants to give Alaba some game time by not disrupting the defence. Shaqiri was kind of disappointing against Lille also. But I would've started him too.

9 out ouf 11 players will play their 3rd match in 7 days.
rotating my ass

Clegg

I think Nani is gone.

Young has been injured and the first game he's available for he gets parachuted in ahead of Nani.

PJX

Not sure about that. The first yellow was extremely soft and if he had sent him off for a foul next to the Everton box would of been a joke.

Oh ok.

I was out and was listening to it on the radio so I didn't see the actual cards.

So odd, please ignore my previous reply.

The one thing that doesn't bother me about that decision is that I don't think we'll be battling for a top 4 place anyway this year, but I like to see us win games even if we don't get the win on the results table because it means we're improving.

No, he just wasn't ready for this type of game. Everton didn't give us any time and we couldn't get the ball out of our half enough early. He'll learn.

Did I say this already? Sorry if I'm repeating myself can't remember if I mentioned it once or not.

I thought he was played behind the striker? Maybe whoscored has it wrong.

Labadal

Skrtel was faultless I felt. Had to stand off Jelavic and give hims a few small chances, but prevented him from getting a clear sight on goal by avoiding the temptation to get too close, which Jelavic punishes more often than not

He should have blocked one of the goals. Instead he moved away from the ball, allowing the players behind him to attack it and score. (My opinion.)

He should have blocked one of the goals. Instead he moved away from the ball, allowing the players behind him to attack it and score. (My opinion.)

Nah, if he moves to block the left footed cross, Fellaini has a load of space to cut back into on his right foot. He forced Fellaini into the low percentage ball, which should have been covered by the players behind him . Unfortunately it went in, but that doesn't automatically make it the wrong decision imo

What is this Bond song on Sky? I love it

I'd say a 10 to 1 ratio

Yeah, we must get about 3 goal-line decisions a season, yet offside fuckups are largely ignored

Labadal

Nah, if he moves to block the left footed cross, Fellaini has a load of space to cut back into on his right foot. He forced Fellaini into the low percentage ball, which should have been covered by the players behind him . Unfortunately it went in, but that doesn't automatically make it the wrong decision imo

But how I remember it is that he moved away after the ball was hit. I need to see highlights again. Adrenaline was pumping all game.

Top Bottom