• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Clegg

Just because the match happened in England doesn't mean that an English club is guilty of match fixing.

It could easily have been their opposition.

Wilbur

Banned
My gf told me a great story from the other night. She was out with friends getting a drink from the bar and noticed a kid wearing a Man City shirt (impressed she even recognized it). She ask him if he supported City and he just stared surprised that she 'knew about football'. She then told him she knew enough to know not to like city. <3 when he asked who she supported she told him Villa and he just continued to stare dumbfounded. When he finally managed to form a sentence he asked why she doesn't like the best team in the premier league to which she replied: they only won because they have the most money.

I can't believe she listens to me when I rant about the EPL and apparently the times we spend on Saturday mornings in bars watching Aston Villa with the supporters group has rubbed off on her.

I thought some of you would get a kick out of that.

Pls let me have her

sohois

Is it even the clubs that are involved in the match fixing? The impression I've got is that it has been individual players, perhaps even match officials, rather than any club wide thing. The articles indicate the match fixing is a money making initiative for betting syndicates rather than an attempt to win stuff.

It's not going to be a systematic club thing. It will be an official and maybe one or two players involved.

Not like it was Roman or SAF conducting the deal.

I bet we don't even find out which match it was.

Salazar

I'm still a little shocked se was capable of talking like that.

zMd6Sde.gif

The man in charge is a murderous gangster. I don't know if that prods your suspicions in one direction or another.

I'm interested in where you get the murderous part from, other than skimping some wiki article.

Of course his whole business is shady as fuck, but that's another story.

So one of these teams:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham

are complete scumbags? I am shocked.

Not really... Could be the other team match fixing you know, without the English team being involved.

I've always liked the Europa League. Obviously you want to be playing in the CL but there are still plenty of good teams in the EL. But everyone would instantly start caring about it if they gave the winner a spot in next year's CL.

Bo-Locks

So many variables. What does it mean by "match fixing"? In Cricket things like this can be so narrow and specific (like a no ball in a specific over). In football it could be the team getting X amount of corners, for example. So one team could be guilty, both teams, the officials, one player, a small group of players etc.

I find it hard to believe that a top English club or its players would get involved in any of this. There is too much to lose, especially coming so soon after the Italian job.

It's probably a couple of nobody players from a non-English club looking to make a little extra money, possibly a couple of officials are involved, too.

So many variables. What does it mean by "match fixing"? In Cricket things like this can be so narrow and specific (like a no ball in a specific over). In football it could be the team getting X amount of corners, for example. So one team could be guilty, both teams, the officials, one player, a small group of players etc.

Exactly. It doesn't even say it's a team, let alone the English team playing the match accused of match fixing as far as I have read. It could be a tiny team like Apoel Nicosia with players not earning much just trying to get something specific done.

Salazar

I'm interested in where you get the murderous part from

Aye, it's inference.

I don't think that someone survives and thrives in the aluminium wars without being pretty substantially involved or implicated in that huge stack of assassinations. I don't feel persuaded that Roman's business affairs were advanced by incandescently criminal but essentially mischievous cons. A Kremlin-backed gangster should still have badly failed any kind of meaningful fit and proper persons test. If only with regard to his cuntish rip-off career, leaving aside the exercise (on his part, so to speak, or behalf) of murderous force.

Owen looks like Littlefinger in that .gif.

Giggs getting into Owen's childhood sweetheart Louise would have been the ultimate.

Bo-Locks

Wouldn't buying a football club and then paying off other teams be like cheating at Monopoly in any case? What's the point in that.

Wes

venison crêpe
My gf told me a great story from the other night. She was out with friends getting a drink from the bar and noticed a kid wearing a Man City shirt (impressed she even recognized it). She ask him if he supported City and he just stared surprised that she 'knew about football'. She then told him she knew enough to know not to like city. <3 when he asked who she supported she told him Villa and he just continued to stare dumbfounded. When he finally managed to form a sentence he asked why she doesn't like the best team in the premier league to which she replied: they only won because they have the most money.

I can't believe she listens to me when I rant about the EPL and apparently the times we spend on Saturday mornings in bars watching Aston Villa with the supporters group has rubbed off on her.

One of the ones that got away was a fellow Villa fan. I try not to hold too many regrets but that sure is one.

You hang on to this lady AA, you hear?

Salvadora

Very unlikely to be one of these three because:

1. Arsenal have no money for players, they aren't going to spend on match fixing
2. Tottenham had no surprise results in their one season and also have no money
3. If City paid for some of those CL games I hope they kept the receipt

Arsenal do have money for players as you very well know. They for whatever reason chose not to spend.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
snoopdogg2-290x222.jpg

After revealing his support for the club in the aftermath of their famous 2-1 over Barcelona in November, it was even rumoured that the hip-hop star was considering investing in the Parkhead-based club.

However, it appears merely support isn't enough for Snoop, who has now turned his attentions to obtaining a match ticket for Neil Lennon's side's clash with the grand Old Lady of Italian football.

"It’s the one I need to go to. It’s the game we’ve been waiting for," he said.
"I need tickets but I want to walk out with the team like a little kid with the banner. Yes, yes, make it happen. Hail, hail the Celts are here. Yabadabadoo!"

Salazar

Miguel Delaney &#8207;@MiguelDelaney
[2/2] ... It's simple. Why should we go there when the best player is Gervinho? We already have Gervinho."

49m Miguel Delaney &#8207;@MiguelDelaney
Wenger: "I would have loved to take somebody else but.. we were everywhere. In the African Cup of Nations the best player is Gervinho" [1/2]

No fucking way :lol

dc89

Get her on here. I will change her opinion.

Kyoufu

Apparently Cabaye's wife says Yohan may leave for City or Manure after having a good season..............

:(

I'm hoping her twitter account is fake.........

GorillaJu

but i get stressed easily. i was 100% sure i had testicle cancer because of some weired feelings down there. let them check, came out fine. feeling is gone too. i wish i would give less fucks in life.

Yeah those pains come and go dude. I get tons of pains all over that are the result of stress, bad posture, and a bad combination of the two. People think psychological problems don't manifest themselves physically, but they do.

Top Bottom