• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm MacDonald Live Returns with David Letterman on July 25th

JABEE

Without a doubt, I would still argue he is single handily the best comic alive today.

This is true. Norm's biggest problem is that he's a recluse and a contrarian who will take any position if he thinks it will get a rise out of people. He ropes people in by playing the fool.

Toparaman

Banned
There were two episodes last year. Two episodes after two years of nothing.

I wonder how long he will last this time before he goes "fuck it" again.

theosi

Norm's my hero. I cant wait for these to come out.

Just seeing him interview Letterman alone is amazing, Norm idolizes the guy, I cant wait to see the entire thing. Having him interview Conan and Seinfeld this season is just icing on the cake.

I made the drive from Montreal last year to see him live in Toronto, was so worth it, he went an hour+ long and they were trying to get him off stage but he kept going. It was all audience interaction stuff, was one of the best nights of my life.

I love the guy. I'm just an old chunk of coal though.

Tease for the Tyson episode

Give it all to me now, need to binge this.

I need to see this.

Can't believe they got Caitlyn Jenner too. That'll be a super interesting considering Norm has been doing a bit on her in recent tours I guess. Norm can be quite thoughtful and compassionate when ended, and Jenner definitely does have a sense of humour, so it could be something beautiful or it could be a trainwreck. I'm in either way.

Luschient

Kinda off-topic but I have been trying to watch Norm's episode of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" and I can't get the vid on the official site to play for me in any browser or any computer/tablet.

Anybody else having this issue? Is the vid anywhere else I can watch it?

Kinda off-topic but I have been trying to watch Norm's episode of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" and I can't get the vid on the official site to play for me in any browser or any computer/tablet.

Anybody else having this issue? Is the vid anywhere else I can watch it?

That show used to be on Crackle, but I'm not sure if it still is.

It's a great episode so hopefully you can find a way to watch!

joedick

Norm MacDonald isn't liberal. We knew this.

But he isn't conservative either. Some of his opinions/jokes seem to be said because they are the opposite of what's popular or expected, like when he went on talk shows and spoke about how big Donald Trump's hands seemed to him. He's really tough to peg, as others have said (which is fine, of course - he's not towing any party lines). Sometimes when he speaks his mind it's enlightening and sometimes it's cringeworthy.

Regardless! I am looking forward to this new season! The amazon deal seems odd - what do they get out of it if the shows are all on youtube day and date? Perhaps it'll be exclusive after this season, which makes sense, since I don't think they have any talk shows. (do they?)

Luschient

lol, Norm always saying that Adam "used to jerk off punks under the Queensboro bridge for $15 a man" will never get old to me

JABEE

Norm is the best.

He always deflects whenever anything gets too personal. Letterman really fought hard for Norm to get a Late Night Show on CBS.

5 minutes in holy shit at these face zooms hahaha. Thought my aspect ratio was on the wrong setting for a second.

It was jarring at first but I got used to it by the end.

That was amazing and Letterman is right, it totally should be Norm doing the big late night shows however the fuck he wants.

The ease at which every guest shits on Adam Eget is great. We got the Queensboro Bridge story and the where do you get your ideas from question. The only thing missing was some holocaust denial for the Adam Eget trifecta.

JABEE

Something may be going down soon.

Norm Macdonald said:
Receiving news on the talk show. Will tell you guys as soon as anything is official. Keep on swinging.

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/890544104899198976

Norm has also asked Jake Tapper to come on his show.

Norm confirmed in an interview that a request went out to OJ's people to have him on the show as well.

Norm Macdonald Live, the podcast and streaming show hosted by comedian Norm Macdonald, returns this week after a nine-month hiatus with string of big-name guests that includes David Letterman, Caitlyn Jenner, and Jerry Seinfeld. But he was really hoping for the recently paroled O.J. Simpson.
”I thought I had O.J. and his lawyer said, ‘Oh yeah, O.J. will do it,'" Macdonald tells The Daily Beast in a new interview that will run in full later this week. ”And then he came back and said, are you the Norm Macdonald that was on NBC?" When he admitted that he was once on a little show called Saturday Night Live, the lawyer replied, ”O.J. said you were a little tough."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/norm-m...-jokes-now-hes-not-completely-sure-hes-guilty

Great episode. Awesome to see Letterman again. Man is a legend and one of the funniest people of our time.

The close-ups are incredibly off putting though. Just keep it on the wide shot or at least a full shot of the person.

That Daily Beast interview is pretty good, pretty lengthy. Love the anecdote of what Clinton says to him as he makes the rounds hand shaking at the Correspondent's Dinner:

But he came up to me—I had a sandwich, I was eating a pickle—he shook my hand and said, all charming and everything, “I see you’re eating a pickle.” I was like, “Yes.”

Top ten episode right there, Norm had great energy and Tyson was chummy throughout. The entire joke card segment was gold.

Curious when this one was filmed, seems before the Letterman one, possibly earlier than the Merchant and Hader episodes? Then again maybe that's cause Norm seems more like his prior seasons self in this one energy-wise.

Top ten episode right there, Norm had great energy and Tyson was chummy throughout. The entire joke card segment was gold.

Curious when this one was filmed, seems before the Letterman one, possibly earlier than the Merchant and Hader episodes? Then again maybe that's cause Norm seems more like his prior seasons self in this one energy-wise.

Tyson was a few months after Letterman I believe. Seinfeld and Letterman were the first ones recorded I think (not counting Hader and Merchant).

Those zooms are killing me. I feel like someone is anesthetizing my tongue as I'm being served a five star meal.

I'm two minutes in and yeah it's pretty jarring, i might need to watch in non-full screen lol
MR-350521-587274-8.jpg

Having to listen to the sound of Tyson eating whatever was in that cup the whole time was annoying, but Tyson trying to make Norm say the n word and the line: "Adam Eget took the AIDS test and crammed the night before." more than made up for it.

Top Bottom