• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official April 22nd Primary Thread (Democrat Apocalypse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RubxQub said:
I think the main difference isn't going to be us melting down over the loss, it'll be us melting down over the media's portrayal of this monumental victory from Hillary.

There's the paranoia again. If she blows him out and gains a 200,000+ popular vote victory of course it'll be treated as a big victory. But why you guys are scared of the big bad media is beyond me.

Its amazing how I can be personally attacked time after time after time in blatant violations of the ToS and nothing happens. Yet...what exactly did APF do? Whatever.

Lefty42o

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
Public Policy Polling, the most accurate pollster this election cycle.

This is good.

please back this up with some kind of "proof" :lol

PhoenixDark said:
There's the paranoia again. If she blows him out and gains a 200,000+ popular vote victory of course it'll be treated as a big victory. But why you guys are scared of the big bad media is beyond me.

we aint talking a 15 point blow out, what it would take to get 200,000 win. we are talking bout a 4 or 5 point win getting blown up when the fact is she doesn't need to just win she neeeds to win big.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
gkrykewy said:
You're the only one who keeps mentioning this, so I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. The narrative has been that she will need a BIG victory, even in the MSM.
PhoenixDark said:

I hope you guys are correct, I just have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the reporting of this primary.

Triumph

Banned
Lefty42o said:
right or wrong that wasn't the issue.

he drummed up a argument from last night for no good reason other than to bitch. i found that upsetting this early on a Monday.

man this thread is going to suck later. :lol
No it won't! APF and CoolTrick are banned! Huzzah!

I actually enjoy APF for the most part but he's been getting more and more... erratic lately.

pxleyes

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Its amazing how I can be personally attacked time after time after time in blatant violations of the ToS and nothing happens. Yet...what exactly did APF do? Whatever.
If you need an explanation than I dont know if anyone can help you anymore. Basically watch your step because if you directly call someone out like he did and tell them to "STFU" then you're gonna get the stick.

RubxQub

Instigator said:
APF is banned? How is such a thing possible?
I never thought God existed until this happened.

tanod

when is my burrito
Lefty42o said:
we aint talking a 15 point blow out, what it would take to get 200,000 win. we are talking bout a 4 or 5 point win getting blown up when the fact is she doesn't need to just win she neeeds to win big.

She needs to win by at least 15 points to have any effect on the ultimate outcome of this race. Anything between that and 5 points means this goes on until June 3rd, no matter what.

Lefty42o said:
please back this up with some kind of "proof" :lol
They nailed South Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas and Ohio. The only pollster to predict the big Obama win in Wisconsin. Sofar they've been right on the money.

RubxQub

Deus Ex Machina said:

Easily going to be the most posted picture in Barack history. Such a sour look.

picture-14.jpg

RubxQub

sp0rsk said:
Today's a fun day at NeoGAF.
(neutral) sp0rsk
(Today, 10:26 AM)
Reply | Quote

?!?!?!?!

gkryhewy

Deus Ex Machina said:
They nailed South Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas and Ohio. The only pollster to predict the big Obama win in Wisconsin. Sofar they've been right on the money.

They are way down the accuracy chart.

Deus Ex Machina said:
This will be,

picture-15.jpg

Oh, the potential for animated GIFs is tremendous. Get cracking, people!

Clinton's top fundraisers ripping into Howard Dean again today.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/04/top_hillary_fundrasers_rip_int.php
Two of Hillary Clinton's most prominent fundraisers tore into Howard Dean in interviews with me today, sharply criticizing the DNC chair for saying yesterday that super-delegates should say which Dem candidate they support "starting now."

"Governor Dean should do what he has said he will do -- refrain from injecting himself into the primary process, as millions of Democrats have yet to cast their votes," Hillary national finance chair Hassan Nemazee, one of the most influential fundraisers in the Democratic Party, told me today.

"If he wishes to do something productive," Nemazee continued, "he should exhibit the leadership necessary to resolve the Florida and Michigan impasse, which has disenfranchised millions of Democratic voters."

A second prominent Democratic fundraiser, Robert Zimmerman, a Democratic National Committeeman and key Hillary fundraiser, sounded a similar note in an interview with me today.

"Howard Dean is more committed to pressuring the super delegates to make up their minds before the voting is done than he is to ensuring that Michigan and Florida's votes are counted," Zimmerman charged.

Hillary is big and tough and has big rich donors threaten the party.

TDG

Banned
APF is banned? That's cool. He's been really insane recently.

I tried to put him on my Ignore List, but it didn't help. It just made PoliGAF threads seem like everyone was arguing with nobody.
RubxQub said:
(neutral) sp0rsk
(Today, 10:26 AM)
Reply | Quote

?!?!?!?!
What? When did this happen?

gcubed

Deus Ex Machina said:
Clinton's top fundraisers ripping into Howard Dean again today.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/04/top_hillary_fundrasers_rip_int.php

Hillary is big and tough and has big rich donors threaten the party.

pelosi part 2?

Her supporters are killing her. Pelosi was worse then this, though, but still fun to read.

"We give a lot of money, listen to us, we are important"

The will of the voters, unless they donate a lot of money, then their say is more important then everyone elses.

Cheebs

Obama tells KDKA radio, “I’m predicting it’s going to be close and that we are going to do a lot better than people expect.”

As a rule you ALWAYS under-predict how you think you are going to do, every candidate does that. Which makes his statement all the more odd.

Senator Clinton to be on Countdown with Keith Olbermann tonight.

Just announced on MSNBC.

She wouldn't appear on election eve unless he had agreed to not go after her... this will be nothing but a big free advertisement.

TDG

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Nothing to lose? If this goes to the convention he's going to screw her over big time.
He might be too afraid of the Clintons to take any drastic action.

gcubed

Cheebs said:
As a rule you ALWAYS under-predict how you think you are going to do, every candidate does that. Which makes his statement all the more odd.

he was on the morning show i listen to this morning and while he didnt say something like that, when asked about PA he wasnt very bracing for a big loss (+10%)...

although about 20 minutes before he came on they were talking about class presidents, etc and stupid or great slogans... they asked Obama if he was in student politics and his response?

"Nah, i thought it was pretty stupid. I spent most of my time in high school playing basketball and drinking beer."

the disgruntled gamer said:
He might be too afraid of the Clintons to take any drastic action.

I do agree that he can't do anything right now; super delegates are taking their time, and interestingly don't seem particularly interested in who's winning the pledged delegate count

- One in 10 said the biggest factor will be the candidate with the most pledged delegates won in primaries and caucuses.

- One in 10 said what matters most is who won their state or congressional district in the primary or caucus.
http://mydd.com/

But if this goes to the convention Hillary will be making her Mich/Flo case to a bunch of Dean loyalists who most likely will go for Obama. Considering Pelosi is a closet Obama supporter I wouldn't be surprised if she plans on giving Dean the supportive clout he'll need in June to convince Hillary that it's over.

Seriously, the Clintons have ripped in every Democratic figure around this cycle except themselves. Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore, Barack Obama, Bill Richardson...Probably forgetting more. She really doesn't care about the party, or anyone else.

Also, I'm predicting a 6 point spread tomorrow. We'll see. I'm hoping against all odds that it can be even better than that.

pxleyes

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
Senator Clinton to be on Countdown with Keith Olbermann tonight.

Just announced on MSNBC.

She wouldn't appear on election eve unless he had agreed to not go after her... this will be nothing but a big free advertisement.
Pssch, Obama is on The Daily Show. I love Keith but I think Obama got the better deal.

gcubed

true PD, for someone pushing to take it to teh convention, she isnt making friends with the party leaders to have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom