• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II TeamLiquid StarLeague (TSL) 3: $35,000 prize pool, stacked roster

Mairu

Raelson said:
Can't wait for the sync issues.
The TL crew is pretty much the best you can hope for when it comes to managing replay-casting. I don't think we can expect anything close to the disaster that was clash of the titans

Man

Wait... Is this StarCraft or poker? The maps in the OT indicate SC of course but I just kept reading posts past it before a lightbulb went on.

Haunted said:
I fucking love Strelok's nickname, btw.

I don't know what kind of playstyle earns you the name "The Warship", but I like it.
Yeah, talk about a fucking badass nickname.

almost 18k viewers and the stream works fine.

Game about to begin.. DAT ANIMATION

Mairu

That was a really convincing win there by Tyler. Yay :D

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Are these matches live?

20,000 plus HQ and the stream is still running great
no, casted from replays

It's pretty irresponsible for any large scale online tournament to broadcast live

Zzoram

Wow Tyler is a huge fucking baller

he saw the bunker wasn't done and attacked immediately, using forcefields to prevent the units from getting into the bunker

Zzoram

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Are these matches live?

20,000 plus HQ and the stream is still running great

matches are replays from earlier today, but the commentary/stream is live. they only give the casters 1 replay at a time so they don't know what the total game count is

that's the only way to make a stream of 20,000 viewers at 720p HD work without lagging out the players

Haunted

theinfinityissue said:
are they gonna nerf those protoss force fields at some point? like make them destroyable or something?
Well, massive units destroy FFs. (Colossi/Ultras/Thors)

Zzoram

theinfinityissue said:
are they gonna nerf those protoss force fields at some point? like make them destroyable or something?

they are destroyable

ultralisk, colossus, and thor can break them

Deadman

lol viewer count going crazy. unless 9k people left after the first game

wonder if it will beat the clash of the titans showmatch, was that about 22k at peak?

Mairu

I can't get over how ridiculously good some of the portraits are. The Koreans especially all look amazingly good.

Zzoram

Deadman said:
lol viewer count going crazy. unless 9k people left after the first game

wonder if it will beat the clash of the titans showmatch, was that about 22k at peak?

viewers going up actually

21,000 viewers at 720p now

Zzoram

Mairu said:
I can't get over how ridiculously good some of the portraits are. The Koreans especially all look amazingly good.

ya, TSL3 has by FAR the most professional production values of foreign tournaments

even MLG was amateur in their stream production by comparison

Zzoram said:
matches are replays from earlier today, but the commentary/stream is live. they only give the casters 1 replay at a time so they don't know what the total game count is

that's the only way to make a stream of 20,000 viewers at 720p HD work without lagging out the players
and more importantly eliminating stream ghosting and cheating by players.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
theinfinityissue said:

People have been crying for it since the beta, it's not gonna happen.

Zzoram

Tyler has impeccable macro. His money is almost always under 100/100 in the first ~7 minutes

Strelok built up almost 300 gas, showing that his worker management isn't as good.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just got home, how was game 1?

Ustream is okay...but I seen way too many issues with that site. Day9 could barely get a lagless daily up anymore through them with less viewers.

Zzoram

Corran Horn said:
Just got home, how was game 1?

Ustream is okay...but I seen way too many issues with that site. Day9 could barely get a lagless daily up anymore through them with less viewers.

there are 22,000 people on a 720p stream lag free.

game 1 was really good posturing early game into perfectly decisive attack timing

Top Bottom