• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

Easy_G

Games that has been made with its engine and its own multiplayer changed much stuff in mp gaming. Didn't it?

How was Half Life's multi was unnecessary?

I'm not sure I understand your first point.

But it's just that the single player experience in a game like Half Life or Uncharted is so fleshed out and well made, that it's what attracts me most. Multiplayer can be a nice bonus, but it's not the main draw. For HL the deathmatch modes may be fun, but really the multiplayer only took off as a completely separate game (counter strike). I'm not saying I don't want multiplayer though. If it's is awesome in Last of Us then great. But I will be more than happy with just the singleplayer.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When is the GoWA demo available? Need to make myself a reminder to rent it...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Either the multiplayer is utter dog shit or it has some endgame spoilers.

Probably both.

image.php

Awesome but damn it!!! I still havent got my PS3 repaired yet and I dont want to buy a new one with the PS4 coming.

Grab a used one on craigslist or ebay. That is what I did. My old PS3 stopped reading discs and I sold it for like $80...got a used 160gb slim + blops 2 for $160 on cl. Worth it for TLoU, GTAV, Beyond and hopefully FFX HD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Naughty Gods wouldn't fail us.

I find your amount of faith to be disturbing.

Beta-1.04 U2 MP says "sup," and "ND still hasn't topped me, and in fact RUINED me with 1.05 on into U3's multiplayer."

I wanna see the receipts before I even consider the Last of Us after U2/U3's multiplayer not fixing what was gold and keeping what was shit.

spectros4

Neo Member
I could imagine Naughty Dog creating a multiplayer component that continues the story from the single player in some fashion.

delta25

Banned
I find your amount of faith to be disturbing.

Beta-1.04 U2 MP says "sup," and "ND still hasn't topped me, and in fact RUINED me with 1.05 on into U3's multiplayer."

I wanna see the receipts before I even consider the Last of Us after U2/U3's multiplayer not fixing what was gold and keeping what was shit.

The MP could very well end up sucking the big one, but I would bet the vast majority of people interested in or buying The Last of Us could really give two shits how the MP turns out.

Grab a used one on craigslist or ebay. That is what I did. My old PS3 stopped reading discs and I sold it for like $80...got a used 160gb slim + blops 2 for $160 on cl. Worth it for TLoU, GTAV, Beyond and hopefully FFX HD

Been shopping around but I mainly just want all my stuff on the hard drive before I get a PS3 slim.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
There's only so many reasons I can think of why they'd be so secretive about MP.

Either the multi-player contains story/location spoilers, or it's a complete tonal shift from single player. Maybe even an unexpected gameplay genre.

Nibel

There's only so many reasons I can think of why they'd be so secretive about MP.

Either the multi-player contains story/location spoilers, or it's a complete tonal shift from single player. Maybe even an unexpected gameplay genre.

The Last Of Us Kart Racing confirmed for MP

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The Last Of Us Kart Racing confirmed for MP

Hell yeah. UnKarted lives!

It'd also be cool if we got to play (recent TLOU gameplay demo spoiler?)
that popular old school arcade game that Ellie was talking about. IIRC, it sounded like an over-the-top action beat-em up that took place soon after the pandemic
. Would be totally jarring compared to the main campaign, but a fun use of meta narrative.

Caboose

Going to interview Ricky Cambier in Amsterdam tomorrow. Will definitely ask him about multiplayer if I get the chance.

AlexBasch

nGB minimum.

Well shit, I'm getting the digital version and I should get cracking on some games to clear up space just in case.

The_Monk

Yeah its confirmed.

They said you can start playing it when its is 50% downloaded.

Really? I missed all these news! Any pre-order incentives, size of the game, etc?

I've been on a blackout regarding this game but this is good to know, might end up getting the digital version day one indeed!

Thanks for answering.

Evolved1

Really? I missed all these news! Any pre-order incentives, size of the game, etc?

I've been on a blackout regarding this game but this is good to know, might end up getting the digital version day one indeed!

Thanks for answering.

No pre-order incentives that I've heard for the DD version... but if you download it:

• available day one
  • can play while downloading (after 50% is what people are saying)
  • faster download, because hosted on ND's own servers
  • doesn't require double the HDD space like usual PSN downloads

Either the multiplayer is utter dog shit or it has some endgame spoilers.

Probably both.

I don't think its neither. I think they have cool new game mode or something. Because even if it was utter shit, they could have released some ''edited shit'' like many other compaines do. And i don't understand how it can have endgame spoilers too. So it must be something original IMHO. A surprise. My one of two most anticipated titles with GTA.

DrBo42

The multiplayer has you in teams scavenging supplies or playing as the infected. As a clicker you have a sort of timed sonar. This is what I hope it is, haha.

The_Monk

No pre-order incentives that I've heard for the DD version... but if you download it:

• available day one
  • can play while downloading (after 50% is what people are saying)
  • faster download, because hosted on ND's own servers
  • doesn't require double the HDD space like usual PSN downloads

Thank you very much for this info fellow GAFfer.

As far as I know the pre-order incentives in here are just two small things so it's okay. Now I just need to see how much space is needed. For some with just 120GB and a EU PS Plus account I must say I've been surviving space wise but right now I have 40GB of free space so I need to wait and see if it's enough or not.

Evolved1

The multiplayer has you in teams scavenging supplies or playing as the infected. As a clicker you have a sort of timed sonar. This is what I hope it is, haha.

If I had to guess, and keep it in the realm of possibility (for example, TLoU DayZ would be the coolest multiplayer ever conceived, but very unlikely to happen, give its scope) I think it'd be round-based competitive matches... broken into teams, and you have to scavenge the environment for supplies. That's very basic, but TLoU is unique enough that even a vanilla mode like that would be pretty cool.

I would probably drop some random AI infected into the maps, just to keep everyone on their toes. (If you think about this, it's a pretty damn good idea to have those OHK threats moving around the maps) All supplies would be random. And I might allow a random player on each team to spawn with a powerful weapon, like a shotgun or something each new round.

venom2124

The MP could very well end up sucking the big one, but I would bet the vast majority of people interested in or buying The Last of Us could really give two shits how the MP turns out.
I just preordered the survival edition this morning and didn't even know the game had multiplayer until I checked this thread. I'll look at the multi as a bonus feature.

The_Monk

Now that I know that I'll mostly have the Digital version day one I just wish I could just grab the Steelbook case.

But it's not going to happen since there are only two editions in Europe and none has it. Too bad...

Evolved1

I want to buy the disc and get the special edition... but worried about my PS3. Feel like running the game off the HDD is the safer bet.

Sucks. I wish we could install the game to the HDD. Then I could buy the SE.

Top Bottom