• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No pre-order incentives that I've heard for the DD version... but if you download it:

• available day one
  • can play while downloading (after 50% is what people are saying)
  • faster download, because hosted on ND's own servers
  • doesn't require double the HDD space like usual PSN downloads

Yep. No preorder offers so far. so far, but I definitely do expect at the very least the soundtrack. If not, I will be very disappointed.

nomis

1v6ulx.gif

That must be her TLoU paycheck showing. No way it's the likely $25 she made from her speaking role in the third biggest movie of all time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I wonder if she'll do any more work in gaming... this industry doesn't seem to mind using the same people over and over for different AAA games if they've established themselves as part of a successful brand... probably wouldn't have too much trouble getting paid now.

AlexBasch

Is the Digital release confirmed fellow GAFfer?

Day One, Pre-load option?
Sorry for not answering quickly but fellow GAFfer just did. :p

No pre-order incentives that I've heard for the DD version... but if you download it:

• available day one
    [*]can play while downloading (after 50% is what people are saying)
    [*]doesn't require double the HDD space like usual PSN downloads
This is the biggest feature for me yet.

Local stores here in MX are offering bullet packs or items, since I don't want any of that shit, I don't mind going digital. :p I have like $70 in my PSN wallet that haven't been used, and since I can't use them at a store, well... :

Jigolo

• available day one
Is it cheaper for PS+ members like Metro: Last night was?

DrBo42

If I had to guess, and keep it in the realm of possibility (for example, TLoU DayZ would be the coolest multiplayer ever conceived, but very unlikely to happen, give its scope) I think it'd be round-based competitive matches... broken into teams, and you have to scavenge the environment for supplies. That's very basic, but TLoU is unique enough that even a vanilla mode like that would be pretty cool.

I would probably drop some random AI infected into the maps, just to keep everyone on their toes. (If you think about this, it's a pretty damn good idea to have those OHK threats moving around the maps) All supplies would be random. And I might allow a random player on each team to spawn with a powerful weapon, like a shotgun or something each new round.

Based on the leaked info I just read that's exactly what it is. Listen mode is heavy in MP, sprinting makes you show up on radar etc etc. Combo bs for melee. I'm now completely uninterested.

Gorillaz

Seeing how much ND is keeping MP secret for some reason...whether spoilers or whatever....I think it's best to just make this an Ashley Johnson appreciation thread

Gskyace

• available day one

Yup,I've downloaded the beta demo for media.
Firstly 146MB for the app,then about 4GB data for everything.
It's like download MAG beta and UNCHARTED2 in-game update.

I think the speed is pretty fast, because I'm in China. : D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Awesome, thanks Cyberia for keeping non-twitter GAF updated. I love reading stuff like that.

MDSLKTR

Evolved1

It's from the PSN demo since. Neil and Bruce described it in an IGN video that was posted today.

Edit: Maybe not, but the first video looks like what they were showing and talking about in that video.

Yeah, I should have been more clear. These areas have been demoed, but this is a different person playing. Get to see another way the AI reacts to a player.

Pranay

lol watching part 2 and the person playing literally is so scared he uses listen mode all the time and avoid the clickers but suddenly when i saw a clicker came all of a sudden i freaked out.

Evolved1

lol watching part 2 and the person playing literally is so scared he uses listen mode all the time and avoid the clickers but suddenly when i saw a clicker came all of a sudden i freaked out.

Yeah, player is crutching on LM pretty hard. I like in the first video, the last guy, he knows he's there somewhere but can't find him with LM. The hunter is taking cover right next to him. haha

I find it quite difficult to watch "squirrely" players play games... makes me dizzy.

I've been playing the two segments from the above videos for the last couple of days, and man, it feels even better than it looks. To my surprise, the controls are quite different from Uncharted as well. There is not 'traditional' cover system... but rather something a little more elegant and less intrusive. Very well done.

It makes me wonder about how that will work in multiplayer though.

Evolved1

I've been playing the two segments from the above videos for the last couple of days, and man, it feels even better than it looks. To my surprise, the controls are quite different from Uncharted as well. There is not 'traditional' cover system... but rather something a little more elegant and less intrusive. Very well done.

It makes me wonder about how that will work in multiplayer though.

Is there a quickturn?

I swear I spotted it in one of the earlier walkthroughs, but haven't seen it since. Thinking maybe I was mistaken afterall.

Edit: Also, is there shoulder switching while aiming? Previewers never seem to talk about this shit...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question, I've been on a media blackout since last E3 and I wanted to know if the demo was going to be multiplayer or if it's going to be the E3 live demo segment. If it's not either of those then I'm sitting it out.

Quick question, I've been on a media blackout since last E3 and I wanted to know if the demo was going to be multiplayer or if it's going to be the E3 live demo segment. If it's not either of those then I'm sitting it out.

It's not the E3 section and it's not MP either.

Also, is there shoulder switching while aiming? Previewers never seem to talk about this shit...

Yes, you can switch shoulders while aiming.

Evolved1

Good question!

I don't think so.

One more: this to me looks like they've adopted a FPS type control scheme. Where the left stick allows you to strafe to the sides and backpeddle. And the right stick controls the direction your character faces.

This is much different than Uncharted... where left stick controlled the direction your character faced/moved and you couldn't strafe/back up (Well, you could backpeddle a bit in UC3 but Drake eventually turned to face the camera) and right stick was a free camera you could spin around Drake.

Is this correct? Because in one of the vids I recall seeing the camera move "freely" around Joel, and I'm just wondering, wtf...

Is the GoW demo out yet?

No, but it will be in a few days.

One more: this to me looks like they've adopted a FPS type control scheme. Where the left stick allows you to strafe to the sides and backpeddle. And the right stick controls the direction your character faces.

This is much different than Uncharted... where left stick controlled the direction your character faced/moved and you couldn't strafe/back up (Well, you could backpeddle a bit in UC3 but Drake eventually turned to face the camera) and right stick was a free camera you could spin around Drake.

Is this correct? Because in one of the vids I recall seeing the camera move "freely" around Joel, and I'm just wondering, wtf...

Correct. It's much more like Gears of War... but smoother.

Evolved1

Four days until the demo (hopefully a section with human antagonists) and then two weeks until release. But fortunately, that last week will have E3 happenings, so that should be a helpful diversion.

Evolved1

Correct. It's much more like Gears of War... but smoother.

Thanks. Hey, have you written impressions anywhere? As someone who has admittedly played the demos quite extensively, it would be more interesting to read your thoughts.

Edit: oops, dp, sorry.

Top Bottom