• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title by GAF's Bowl Pick'em winner, Mac the KNife

The BCS is dead!
GTFO to the BCS! It was a shitty system that shan't be missed. Next year, we have a limited-time-only four-team playoff, before we inevitably move to 8 teams at least and the major schools break off into their own college football association.

With the end of the BCS era, we can all fondly look back on USC as its winningest team (6-1 vs Ohio State's 6-3), and 2004 USC being its best team. 2001 Miami can fuck off! Go ahead and make your arguments, I won't be swayed.

Final 2013-2014 Season Rankings
33bkHJq.png

2013-2014 Bowl Standings
SEC: 7-3
P12: 6-3
B12: 3-3
ACC: 5-6
AAC: 2-3
B1G: 2-5

em4L7aC.jpg

Happy Offseason everyone! Now we can look forward to months of coaching moves, players getting injured/in legal trouble, sanctions, and the continued demise of the NCAA itself.

Draxal

Conference Moves.

AAC
Loses Louisville
Loses Rutgers
Gains ECU
Gains Tulane
Gains Tulsa

ACC
Loses Maryland
Gains Louisville

Big 10:
Gains Maryland
Gains Rutgers

CUSA
Loses ECU
Loses Tulane
Loses Tulsa
Gains WKU
Old Dominion becomes a football member

cdyhybrid

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 8s
Saban: I don't know if you've been to lsu but you can smell the bourbon on the 50 yard line. #afcaconvention

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A skin tight fit.

Sounds like the top 2 candidates for DL Coach, are Hobby from Clemson, or Freddie Roach from South Alabama. If We go with the guy from Clemson, it'll keep the pattern. Clemson has a DL Coach, we get him, then he goes to Texas, and ends up at USCw.

Wonder if that means KiffinClemson inside 2 years, on the reverse pattern.

Lonestar

More rumors out in the ethernet: If Kirby goes to UGA, Saban will try to hire Pruitt within the hour.

I kind of don't want him. He's a bit of a douche who has already badmouthed Saban and Alabama, and immediately tried to pull a Franklin and flip recruits when he left. That, and FSU was loaded with defensive talent when he got there, he might have the same ability as Smart, meaning "no one knows how good he really is."

But hey, I don't like Kiffin, and that didn't stop Saban from hiring him.

Okay I guess I'll predict our first national championship bracket.

1. Alabama
4. Auburn

2. Oregon
3. FSU

National Champsionship
1. Alabama Winner
2. Oregon

So you think Oregon will finally figure out how to beat Stanford?

As long as Mariota doesn't get himself flustered again they should be fine. Either way, Oregon v. Stanford will probably decide a spot in the National Semi-Final.

And Kentucky is #12! By comparison, Texas is #13.

C'mon Charlie Strong get it together! Its a cold day in hell when Kentucky out recruits Texas in football.

andycapps

More rumors out in the ethernet: If Kirby goes to UGA, Saban will try to hire Pruitt within the hour.

I kind of don't want him. He's a bit of a douche who has already badmouthed Saban and Alabama, and immediately tried to pull a Franklin and flip recruits when he left. That, and FSU was loaded with defensive talent when he got there, he might have the same ability as Smart, meaning "no one knows how good he really is."

But hey, I don't like Kiffin, and that didn't stop Saban from hiring him.

Do you think Smart will leave for a lateral move? I'm finding it hard to believe, honestly. Pruitt is another option for UGA as is the DC at Michigan State.

I love having recruiting heat up just after the season is over. Along with the NFL Playoffs it helps soften the blow a bit.

it won't be as bad this year I suppose. We have the winter olympics, FIFA world cup, and a few other events to tide us over. Last summer there was nada. screw baseball.

cdyhybrid

The period between spring ball/the draft and the start of the season is the worst.

Luckily, I'll just be getting hammered every weekend so I can forget about not having football.

Lonestar

Joe Schad ?@schadjoe 5m
Nick Saban: I'm the guy they took college coaches off the road in the spring for. Let's change that. Why is that a rule?

Joe Schad ?@schadjoe 1m
Nick Saban raises voice, walks from podium and is dynamic and emotional. "What YOU do is special. Have TREMENDOUS pride in what you do."

Coach Saban: "difference between this team and past teams is our staff didnt spend enough time off field getting to know players."

Mitch Sherman ?@mitchsherman 15m
You'd have no idea Saban was 0-2 since Thanksgiving. He is iconic among his peers. Coaches are trying to listen from the hallway.

Dennis Dodd ?@dennisdoddcbs 10m
Saban: gotta get the right people on the bus, get them the right seats and get the wrong people off the bus. ( Gus bus?) #afcaconvention

Joe Schad ?@schadjoe 43s
Nick Saban: Every car dealer I know wants to be a coach. I always wanted to be a car dealer.

@dennisdoddcbs: Saban says 4 years with belichick were the worst of his life.

There's a photo of the crowd. It's a full house.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't expect Bama to be in the playoffs. The combination of this season's issues plus the starters that are gone plus the coaching carousel.

11-2 or better and I'll consider it a successful season. Then again I said something like 10-3 for this season, so yeah. I'm a bad fan, I don't expect to win them all.

Draxal

I don't expect Bama to be in the playoffs. The combination of this season's issues plus the starters that are gone plus the coaching carousel.

11-2 or better and I'll consider it a successful season. Then again I said something like 10-3 for this season, so yeah. I'm a bad fan, I don't expect to win them all.

A&M is losing alot, and Bama's secondary can't be that bad again (I know Sunseri is leaving but still).

Jezbollah

So I'm a UKer, and have starters to follow CFB quite seriously - is there some kind of timetable that shows all the notable dates from now until the start of the new season (showing dates like signing day for example)??

Cheers :)

cdyhybrid

So I'm a UKer, and have starters to follow CFB quite seriously - is there some kind of timetable that shows all the notable dates from now until the start of the new season (showing dates like signing day for example)??

Cheers :)

Signing day is Feb 5th. Spring practices depends on the team, but most will be end of March/beginning of April.

That's it until August.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A&M is losing alot, and Bama's secondary can't be that bad again (I know Sunseri is leaving but still).

And HaHa, and Belue (our one seemingly decent corner). I think we'll have Collins at safety and some CBs that I'm not sure ever even settled in starting roles because none of them were good enough. Secondary definitely could be an issue again.

Tamanon

Banned
Feeling good about this season of Pirates football! ECU is rated #98 on Scout's recruiting class. Looking forward to our first season in the AAC(We're coming for you Rutgers!).

ARRRRRRRRRRR

Lonestar

And HaHa, and Belue (our one seemingly decent corner). I think we'll have Collins at safety and some CBs that I'm not sure ever even settled in starting roles because none of them were good enough. Secondary definitely could be an issue again.

Well, since everyone's running HUNH now, we should throw out all the complicated secondary bits, and just go off of pure athleticism, like LSU. I'm sure we've got plenty of athletes that don't want to learn the complicated Saban Secondary guidelines.

Pfft, sounds like we're hiring Bo Davis back on DL. Guess he just wanted a week vacation as a member of the USCw staff.

Meier

Mac, how are you not gonna give your champions some due in the thread title. That's some shit my man.

I did like the cold pizza reference though.

Jhriad

GBR!

Also, Pelini can you please hire some decent recruiters to your staff already? Or get lost? Either would be good.

Lonestar

Mac, how are you not gonna give your champions some due in the thread title. That's some shit my man.

I did like the cold pizza reference though.

We got Trees for last season. Thems the breaks.

Year before was LHN
Before that was TCU future retroactive National Champs
Before that was "You Can't Spell Seccess Without 'SEC' "
2007 was Adieu, Brady Maxwell

2008 and 2009, I have no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom