• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED ASH Kickstarter crashes n burns (Comcept/Inafune/Hyde making Mega Man Legends 3)

I wasn't aware. Would KS investigate if all the sudden large contributions were coming in at the last minute?

I haven't backed but if I did and was concerned I would pull my funding.

Sometimes they do:
dailychart.png

Sometimes they don't:
dailychart.png

But yes, it is shady as hell and from what we're seeing so far I don't think this project is below pulling a stunt like this.

Quickly went from
$487,266 current pledge level

to

6,065 backers
$486,511
pledged of $800,000 goal
3 days to go

And they once had $489.784 before too
It's losing backers fast now. Not surprising.

akira28

By 'this' I meant Fuze being involved.

But even besides that, there clearly was a lot of knee-jerk cynicism in this thread, even if you take into account the very real issues the campaign has.

qft. people have been saltier than fuck. I mean it's like the Mno.9 hate multiplied with FUD and gave birth to the commenters on this KS.

This is a donation out of love, for me. I don't have a lot to give, but I will give a bit, and since all I want is a Legends game, my bar is set at a realistic level. Not to disparage the expectations and demands of others, but I just want to see the thing made, completed, and have a decent amount of content. that's it.

Busaiku

Quickly went from
$487,266 current pledge level

to

6,065 backers
$486,511
pledged of $800,000 goal
3 days to go

And they once had $489.784 before too
It's losing backers fast now. Not surprising.
I finally pulled out ($229).
I don't expect this to get funded, but in the off chance it does (and it's not fraud), I do not want to be involved with a company like Fuze.

If the final Kalkanon eventually comes out, and is not a disaster, that's great, and I'll get it.
But given everything with Fuze and Hyde, I am expecting problems over the next few years.

I finally pulled out ($229).
I don't expect this to get funded, but in the off chance it does (and it's not fraud), I do not want to be involved with a company like Fuze.

If the final Kalkanon eventually comes out, and is not a disaster, that's great, and I'll get it.
But given everything with Fuze and Hyde, I am expecting problems over the next few years.

Can't blame you.
I didn't back. Had my doubts from the beginning. And after all of this.. I'm glad I didn't

I really can't understand the hate this guy gets. I find it disgusting considering this place is supposed to be full of mature gamers.

Hate is a strong word, but his decisions should be criticized. He first announced MN9, which was cool. But no physical edition to get if you back IIRC.
Then later he did another KS for the voice acting of MN9.
Then he announced an anime, so you might wonder why he needed to ask fans to fund Voice Acting for this.
Then somehow now you can get a physical edition of MN9, but from what I can see backers cant get it, if nothing changed.
And he sold the rights for a live action movie.
Then he asked fans to pledge for this project, while already finding a publisher as it seems.

I do not know why this doesnt grant us the right to criticize Inafune.

Btw. I wonder what this 8 hours of content mean. I mean usually when a publisher says something like that, the games are shorter than advertised most of the time.

zeopower6

I think more than anything he's come across as greedy after the initial success of the MN9 KS which has turned people off completely from anything he's associated with.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They had a publisher?

Well, there goes my $89 pledge. I'll buy the physical copy later for half the price.

April Fools! It's being made regardless. Now he can say we the fans were the reason it almost failed. Inafune the hero!

what a mess

213372bu

Banned
I would laugh so hard and not even feel bad if Fuze cancelled funding it down the line.

Fuze is a new company and started presumably after the Chinese gaming ban was lifted. It also looks like Nvidia and others funded it, (as per a Gaffer.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they convinced this company to publish for them on the cheap now that they have money given to them and no prior experience on anything else gaming-related which they would need for their supposed "new" console.

Either way, as a game developer I would NOT consider them to publish my game. Way too risky.

junpei

I would laugh so hard and not even feel bad if Fuze cancelled funding it down the line.

That is a fate worst than if the Original Ks failed just like it was supposed to . I mean it is bad enough that I can never play legends 3 but this too. Legends fans can never catch a break

I really can't understand the hate this guy gets. I find it disgusting considering this place is supposed to be full of mature gamers.

Their latest kickstarter was a mess. They deserve to be called out on it. Any more than that and people need to calm down.

^^ that doesn't inspire confidence. I doubt they had a publisher when this was started. Once they knew the game wasn't going to reach it's goals they probably sent out some feelers to contacts. Or Fuze contacted them after seeing it wasn't going to get funded.

213372bu

Banned
Was it already mentioned here that the Fuze website appears to be using unauthorized art assets?

2769900-danluvisi_fbook_img.png

Yup, and that their console was supposed to come out in June 2015...

Like man, like you couldn't just wait to get a good publisher and had to find one ASAP while the KS was still happening.

Alchemy

I mean... we know they're going to make the game regardless so why bother? I really hope this fails and people just buy it if it ends up being well made. Honestly its kinda scummy to keep the KS running after securing a publisher.

SerTapTap

I hadn't noticed how fishy fuze looks, hadnt heard of them. I thought publisher funding should be a solid if embarrassing ending but Jesus this could still be really bad couldn't it?

Ok, I'm approaching "tinfoil money laundering scheme conspiracies" levels of cynism right now

Gosh! Why, what ever made you think of that?

Was it the sketchy website? The missed deadline they haven't take down? The fact that they're based in the Cayman Islands? Their incredibly vague goal to make "the most famous Chinese brand for Game Console". The fact that they haven't ever produced anything?

RK128

Was it already mentioned here that the Fuze website appears to be using unauthorized art assets?

2769900-danluvisi_fbook_img.png

This just cements the point that they found a random publisher within the past week or so to save the game, as they didn't expect the Kickstarter to fumble as hard as it did X(.

Watch as the game gets canceled next year due to legal issues with FUZE :'(.

Gosh! Why, what ever made you think of that?

Was it the sketchy website? The missed deadline they haven't take down? The fact that they're based in the Cayman Islands? Their incredibly vague goal to make "the most famous Chinese brand for Game Console". The fact that they haven't ever produced anything?
It was probably the Ouya, who makes games for that?

It was probably the Ouya, who makes games for that?

That's actually a stab they were taking at Ouya... I guess??

fuze8.jpg

"Low configuration!"

What the fuck does that even mean?? Is that a form of criticism or insult? Y'know what, forget I asked. The rules in the universe that Inafune and Fuze live in don't apply to ours.

Edit:

Actually, yeah! I think I will use that as an insult.

redash5.jpg

The MN9 kickstarter felt genuine by comparison and was handled way better.
Besides, which many have pointed out, the jury is still out on wether MN9 is actually a good game or not - Hopefully it is!

New update with updated goals.
So, given that adding map section "B" was going to cost $500K, and the completed map goes up to section D, this suggests that they were planning on getting at least $2.3 million from Kickstarter. Whoops.

Credit where credit is due, at least this update is clearly explained, not self-contradictory, and doesn't seem to raise any major new unanswered questions.

So Fuze is paying $1.500.000 and backers will pay $800.000 for the Challenge Dungeon ,Tyger Playable Character and Call & Gofer Village Reconstruction .

Hasney

This is amazing. Listening to GT Time run down everything that's happened is like watching a car crash in slow motion. I can't believe how these updates are being sent out with this content.

Shozuki

I don't really have anything constructive to add but I do hope this doesn't get funded.

I find Inafune's practices shady and intolerable. Hell MN9 STILL isn't out and has had numerous Kickstarters.

Sorry Inafune but we're not cash cows.

ArjanN

I don't really have anything constructive to add but I do hope this doesn't get funded.

I find Inafune's practices shady and intolerable. Hell MN9 STILL isn't out and has had numerous Kickstarters.

Sorry Inafune but we're not cash cows.

You're right, that's not constructive at all.

RK128

New update with updated goals.

So, all the stuff that originally the prologue game was going to have alongside the scale of the world will still be intact, while we are getting PS4 and X1 ports on top of it all.

Then, for stretch goals, they are very minor things that aren't a huge deal, so if they don't get funded, the core game doesn't suffer in any meaningful way?

.....Despite how horrid this Kickstarter was run, the end result isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I honestly didn't think the game would have happened last week, but here we are with Fuze seemingly coming out of the ether to save the day XD.

I watched the GT Time about this last night and I just couldn't stop laughing XD. How confused everyone got alongside the facial expressions as Kyle was describing the Kickstarter was pure goal :').

GT Time is talking about Red Ash

Failing With Style

Starts 21 minutes in.
Good Lord, by the end of that podcast I hated the blonde dude that's sitting by himself. He asks about everything and comes across as really really ignorant of every of same topic! "So you can still pull out your money from the Kickstarter, right?". Christ.

And he does this all the time every week.

Top Bottom