• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED ASH Kickstarter crashes n burns (Comcept/Inafune/Hyde making Mega Man Legends 3)

Oh thank god.

I couldn't take another Legends heartbreak. Don't see how this won't bring the KS to a standstill though, now that people think it doesn't need any more money.

spinz

LOL
does this go against kickstarter terms???
I wonder how long the publisher deal has been lined up.
Well, good news i guess!

spinz

If anything people might withdraw since it's being made anyway. :/

i realize that makes more sense.
But a lot of people jump to contribute when its a sure thing.
I dunno in this case.. where they needed a big rally to cross that line.. i guess we'll see.

DatAhmedz

I just cancelled my $366 pledge.

Kamiya was right this whole time, but I ignored him because I just wanted another Legends game, and not-Legends had my tiny little fanboy brain caught in its unorganized trap :c

Busaiku

Kamiya was right this whole time, but I ignored him because I just wanted another Legends game, and not-Legends had my tiny little fanboy brain caught in its unorganized trap :c
Right.
At this point whatever happens, happens.
If it turns out the partnership with Fuze is horrid, well, nothing to be done, since it wasn't gonna exist otherwise.

Least now we won't have a financial stake in it.

Sandfox

Well this kinda sucks for the people working on the animation project unless people start funneling their funds there or something.

Akainu

It's because he is a business man they might actually get something done.

Caffeine

I mean I get that he said it right before but we already heard that Inafune said that even if the KS fails he will make the game happen.

yeah true im glad its actually happening but he could have tried a relaunched kickstarter before buckling under pressure going to the first publisher he could find.

yeah true im glad its actually happening but he could have tried a relaunched kickstarter before buckling under pressure going to the first publisher he could find.

no major well known publisher was going to publish this after the way the Kickstarter turned out. The fact a chinese company is willing to give it a try AND bring it out to consoles it's the best news for the group of us that wanted the game regardless of the way the kickstarter was handled.

Read the update itself. So the full 8 hour game is a go? Nice.

I recently replayed Megaman Legends 1 and 2 and I swear the games aren't too far off from being that long.

edit: apparently the average is way above 8 hours for most playstyles. I don't recall spending that long on each but shit maybe I did. With all of the padding on trying to upgrade weapons with minimal money return though lol.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol Y2Kev. Amaze.

As a Legends fan I'm glad this is going to happen regardless of the KS. Hoping we'll get a good game and that the project can put this all behind eventually.

ArjanN

since it didn't look like it was going to come near the goal anyway it's not like it can hurt either.

Honestly considering it's coming to both consoles now and they get to keep the IP I don't see how anyone could be against this outside of knee-jerk cynicism.

every time i open the kickstarter page to see the current daily status, i stop and try to read the project titles out loud.

Indelible Legend and Magicicada are some of the most obtuse names i've ever seen. They really couldn't come up with something better?

I wish I had backed this just so I could back out

I hope Inafune realizes he'll never be able to stick his name on a KS again

Magicicada just makes me think of loud bugs screaming at me in the summer, only wearing wizard hats

Wait. How can they put the kickstarter money towards stretch goals if it doesn't get funded? They won't get the money at all if it doesnt reach $800k right?

They really should pull the kickstarter and open up some other method for people to 'pre-order' boxed copies and such, right now this kickstarter is pretty much breaking the rules of kickstarter... not that they care anway since they take a cut of the income.

Toki767

Are Comcept allowed to do something even more shady like lower the initial funding goal on the last day to, say, 400K, just to say they met the goal and can therefore collect everyone's pledges?

rhandino

Banned
Are Comcept allowed to do something even more shady like lower the initial funding goal on the last day to, say, 400K, just to say they met the goal and can therefore collect everyone's pledges?
They can't change the funding goal.

What they could make is a great amount of alt accounts and pledge until they reach the funding goal but that is against the regulations of KS and also a really really bad luck... so who knows =P

duckroll

If they are serious about making the game for real and crowdfunding for expanded content, they should shut down the Kickstarter now, and restart it in a couple of weeks after they get their shit together and present it again in a clear and concise way.

nynt9

Honestly considering it's coming to both consoles now and they get to keep the IP I don't see how anyone could be against this outside of knee-jerk cynicism.

The fact that you think the cynicism is a knee jerk at this point after all that has happened is just hilarious.

jett

D-Member
If they are serious about making the game for real and crowdfunding for expanded content, they should shut down the Kickstarter now, and restart it in a couple of weeks after they get their shit together and present it again in a clear and concise way.

I think these people believe they will get the money even if it doesn't reach its goal.

I mean, there's no other explanation. The KS should absolutely be taken down.

nowai

"Yes, this is for the prologue "The KalKanon Incident" only. The main story is for the future!"

So this Fuze deal is only for a glorified teaser demo? Was the Kickstarter the same or "the main story" as they say above?

Yeah, I don't know what they're expecting here. Change the pitch 4 days before the deadline to just stretch goals for a game that is coming out regardless of the KS, but the stretch goals won't get funded unless the initial goal for the whole game gets funded, and even then making another Kickstarter just for the stretch goals just sounds like a massive clusterfuck

Either make another KS pitch or just leave KS and go work with external donations because they aren't seeing a single cent from the 480k+ pledged so far.

duckroll

I think these people believe they will get the money even if it doesn't reach its goal.

I mean, there's no other explanation. The KS should absolutely be taken down.

It's pointless to keep it up for the last few days though. If they reboot it a little later in August with a clear vision and the announcement that the base game is definitely getting made, and it's definitely for PS4 and XB1, they could get a lot more money imo.

Busaiku

They can't change the funding goal.

What they could make is a great amount of alt accounts and pledge until they reach the funding goal but that is against the regulations of KS and also a really really bad luck... so who knows =P
And it's also completely illegal.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
No. The amount set at the campaign start is locked in.

RK128

"Yes, this is for the prologue "The KalKanon Incident" only. The main story is for the future!"

So this Fuze deal is only for a glorified teaser demo? Was the Kickstarter the same or "the main story" as they say above?

My bet is that this was their plain from the start:
-Have a full game in the works already covered financially (Mighty No. 9 sales, Movie deal, Publisher, ect) but they want to get the community involved
-Decide to launch a Kickstarter for a game taking place before the 'full' one (KalKanon Incident) and it needs Kickstarter backing to be funded
-Kickstarter was badly, badly managed, leading to it not getting support
-Concept saw the warning signs before day 20 of the Kickstater so they race to find a publisher to back the game, make a prototype for the community to try out and so on.
-Get a publisher for the KalKanon Incident and released a very early prototype for everyone to mess around with
-Kickstarter still open in hopes of getting more funding for the game but that isn't needed thanks to Fuze publishing the game
-The Fuze deal likely means the game will get a port to their console, but Concept only agreed if they retain the IP rights and if PS4/X1/PC versions happen. Considering they want a huge game leading the console, they don't mind this and agree to give X amount of funding to the project
-The full game is either still coming after the KalKanon Incident (either by Fuze again or by Deep Silver if Mighty No. 9 does well for them) or it will be rolled into KalKanon Incident to make the game longer.

gunstarhero

Anyone think Fuze was in the background the whole time? Why would a company swoop in and fund a failing Kickstarter?

Something smells fishy. Something smells Inafune.

nowai

So damn fishy but whatever, happy something is getting made.

It's only "The KalKanon Incident" though. They are hinting it's an introduction of sorts. So at best, it will lead to a full game. At worse, you will only get a tease of what could have been.

so1337

It all makes sense now. Inafune deliberately sabotaged his own Kickstarter because he knew the Haze Fuze deal was gonna come through. He didn't want to burden his fans. What a guy.

What a guy.

ArjanN

The fact that you think the cynicism is a knee jerk at this point after all that has happened is just hilarious.

By 'this' I meant Fuze being involved.

But even besides that, there clearly was a lot of knee-jerk cynicism in this thread, even if you take into account the very real issues the campaign has.

It's only "The KalKanon Incident" though. They are hinting it's an introduction of sorts. So at best, it will lead to a full game. At worse, you will only get a tease of what could have been.

as i hear it still is 8 hours of content. which is enough, even if on the low side, for a game release

I'm so glad this game is getting made. They went about it in such a convoluted way but even the playable prototype got me hyped because there was can kicking! One of my favorite parts of legends was kicking the can behind the counter for zenny. It shows where their priorities are.

This plus the developer spot which out right says this is important has me hyped. I hope the game is full of small little details which don't affect the main game in anyway but if you explore and experiment you will be rewarded if only slightly.

Top Bottom