• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Diaries S6/Originals S2 |OT| Have no fears we've got dopplegangers for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Enzo needs to die - dude is more useless than Tyler or Matt and thats saying alot.

cw_sasuke

Nah, they just need to give him a decent story. Enzo has the potential to be an awesome character.

I think its too late - the series is ending soon anyway and he has been useless the whole season. Not even interacting with Damon difficult to take him serious after the last couple episodes and his Stephan obsession. The writers have trouble keeping the maincast relevant (Elena lol ?), you think they care about Enzo ?

Alaric said it best this episode " What the hell are you even doing here anymore" ?

Joni

I think its too late - the series is ending soon anyway and he has been useless the whole season.
It is not. I feel Enzo is the guy they kept around because they expected Damon or Elena to walk out, and then they stayed for this season.

cw_sasuke

It is not. I feel Enzo is the guy they kept around because they expected Damon or Elena to walk out, and then they stayed for this season.
Doesn't look like it at all in my opinion. Walk out from what exactly? Their contracts weren't to end last season, they were planning with the 3 leads this season.

You are giving the writers too much credit considering what happened with all the other 2nd tier characters in the show.

Joni

Doesn't look like it at all in my opinion. Walk out from what exactly? Their contracts weren't to end last season, they were planning with the 3 leads this season.
Because they split up and there were rumours about Elena moving to The Originals.

You are giving the writers too much credit considering what happened with all the other 2nd tier characters in the show.
They haven't done all of them justice, but on the level of ignoring a main cast member like this, not very much. Unless you're thinking the shit tier of Matt and Tyler.

kirblar

They kept Enzo because the character was letting them do "old Damon" stuff that Damon himself doesn't really do anymore, but they just have not done a thing with him and should have kept him a guest actor so they didn't have to do a long-term plotline.

Pachimari

Have there been any new rumors as to if all 3 main characters will be back next season, or if it's still only two of them who are sure to be back in TVD?

Joni

Paul Wesley has stated last January he expects cast changes but saying he is curious for season 7.
It is still the same rumours otherwise: Dobrev wants out because of Somerhalder. But if she is dating Chris Wood, is she still wanting to leave?
And how much of the cast change rumours back then, actually involved Steve R. McQueen instead of the others?

kirblar

Dobrev likely needs to get out for the same reasons Claire Holt did - limited time to launch a career and she's in the wrong state to do it in.

The one thing that really kills this for me is the fact that it doesn't feel like the main cast has much of a purpose anymore. Elena doesn't do much of anything. Damon is eh. Bonnie finally has some stuff with Kai but not much really. Caroline is getting there but still not by much. Stefan is doing the same things. Enzo is pointless. Everyone else is damn near irrelevant. They keep rehashing the same concepts too (ripper, humanity switch, the cure, old vampires)

I miss the good ole' Klaus/hybrid days :(

Speaking for the Originals, Klaus is actually the worst character on the show at the moment. Everyone else is good, even the new Rebekah. I'm enjoying this season a lot though. Dahlia coming and the tension between the Wolves is interesting.

As for TVD, I'm still not feeling this season all that much. it improved over the last couple of episodes but making Stefan & Damon's mom a basic vampire ripper was disappointing. I'm also not keen on the whole "turn the humanity switch back on" either. We already went through this with Stefan and Elena before. Not interested in seeing this shit again.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
the introduction of the other vampires in the prison world saved some face with stefans mum. She must be more than just a plain ripper to have six vampires just rot for her

TripOpt55

Caught up on these shows today. The Originals continues to be really good. Was pretty neat to see Vincent (post-Finn) again. Also digging both Freya and what little we have seen of Dahlia.

TVD continues to be pretty meh. I did enjoy Caroline from two eps ago and even more so Stefan and her this ep. "You're an embarrassment to humanity-less vampires everywhere." Haha. Awesome. Bonnie has been great too. Somewhat curious what they'll do with both the cure and Damon/Stefan's mom. I agree though with a lot of the criticisms in here. Too many characters are aimless. And too much rehashing of old plots.

Aceun

I think my main issue with TVD at the moment is there is no anchor. There's no big bad like Klaus that heroes and villains alike must rally to defeat. There's no story element like the cure to truly bring everyone together from varying perspectives. Like you guys said, everyone is aimless and kind of doing their own thing or nothing.

Random aside, I love that the requirement for both TVD and Originals actors is the ability to play multiple roles. This has been my favorite thing with both shows.

the introduction of the other vampires in the prison world saved some face with stefans mum. She must be more than just a plain ripper to have six vampires just rot for her

Unless those Vampires didn't really have a choice and she is some secret psychopath.
(I hope. I really hope.)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Unless those Vampires didn't really have a choice and she is some secret psychopath.
(I hope. I really hope.)

It's intriguing because if she is some psycho she would have gone for Bonnie and Kai but she was really controlled
Unless they go down the path of shes good then falls off the wagon and ends up killing someone of importance, and inevitably one of her sons has to kill her
I hope they don't but they probably will

Joni

For the mother, I hope she is a total psycho. Her current acting should be a ruse to get people to trust her to free her friends. So season continues until the end, Bonnie and Damon grow closer, Stefan and Caroline are the focus as the 'baddies' and mother is there to help her sons. They free her friends in the finale which ends with the mother confronting Elena, telling her she isn't good enough for her son and ripping out her heart. Season 7 does boys versus their mother, and vampires versus Kai who goes nuts without Elena. You can do Kai first, as main suspect of the murder, or you can do the mum first.

I just realized 'Liv Tyler' is the best shipping name.

Watched the True Blood finale today, so I had my dose of vampires for the day. But it made me think, what if they did one of their seasons where vampires become public knowledge.

rrc1594

For the mother, I hope she is a total psycho. Her current acting should be a ruse to get people to trust her to free her friends. So season continues until the end, Bonnie and Damon grow closer, Stefan and Caroline are the focus as the 'baddies' and mother is there to help her sons. They free her friends in the finale which ends with the mother confronting Elena, telling her she isn't good enough for her son and ripping out her heart. Season 7 does boys versus their mother, and vampires versus Kai who goes nuts without Elena. You can do Kai first, as main suspect of the murder, or you can do the mum first.

I just realized 'Liv Tyler' is the best shipping name.

Watched the True Blood finale today, so I had my dose of vampires for the day. But it made me think, what if they did one of their seasons where vampires become public knowledge.

I feel bad for you

While it doesn't seem to be that great for the guys, I seem to like a lot of the female characters much better when they flip that humanity switch off. I think it's basically the only time I've actually liked Elena's character.

Speaking of which, I feel like Elena has made so many terrible decisions over the years that every time she suggests a plan I think to myself "I wonder how this'll go wrong"

Originals is pretty good right now, kinda good to see Klaus being an ass again.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm going to make this short and sweet, the originals is amazing, I love their story lines and everything they are doing with it.

Tvd.... Went downjbill when they catered to the fans that wanted Damon and Elena together, and got rid of Katherine, outside of Klaus, Katherine was the only good Villian they ever had on the show.

Please no Elena on the Originals, make it Katherine instead, Elena is always boring

Joni

While it doesn't seem to be that great for the guys, I seem to like a lot of the female characters much better when they flip that humanity switch off. I think it's basically the only time I've actually liked Elena's character.
When she turns off her humanity, she is more Katherine and less Elena. Which is why we all like her better that way.

Went downjbill when they catered to the fans that wanted Damon and Elena together, and got rid of Katherine, outside of Klaus, Katherine was the only good Villian they ever had on the show.
Still better than Stefan + Elena. Just need to hope Dobrev leaves.

Joni

Looks like rumors about Nina leaving are getting stronger and stronger
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/the-vampire-diaries-is-nina-dobrev.html

I think it would do wonders to the show. At this point I don't think it can be restored to it's former glory without what's essentially a reboot. Just throw out most of the cast, concentrate on Salvatore brothers, add brand new type of monsters/entities etc

And Michael Trevino! We'll so miss Tyler too ...

I wonder who the cast will be. Damon, Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, Tyler, Sarah, Enzo, Alaric.
From what the story line suggests: Damon, Stefan, Caroline and Bonnie are certainly in. Matt and Tyler can leave to police academy, see their entire dedicating life to speech a couple of weeks ago. Alaric goes away with his wife and baby. Sarah and Enzo will probably stay.

Wouldn't have a problem with her leaving. Like someone said, TVD fell off for me at the end of season 4 and hasn't been back since.

Matt & Tyler should leave too. Matt has been worthless pretty much the whole series, he's literally been an ongoing blood/punching bag. When you think about it, Matt is the most tragic character on the show.

He has no dad, his mom abandoned him. His sister then became a vampire and was then killed. Let's not forget that both of the girls he used to love are now in love with the Salvatore brothers, both becoming vampires in the process. Well Caroline was with his best friend Tyler first. That's why I said I would have no problem with Matt snapping and going on a supernatural killing spree. His life wasn't so great before but with the Salvatore brothers coming back to town, his life went to complete shit.

As for Tyler, he's sucked since season 3, so he can leave too. He was ok when he was a hybrid and actually good when was just a werewolf and had to deal with the Werewolf curse but now that he has went through a supernatural reboot of sorts and is just human, he doesn't add much either.

Aceun

Nina's Elena offers nothing new at this point. Unfortunately, her Katherine was
killed off
so her leaving makes sense to me.

I wonder how they'll reconcile her absence ass far as Damon goes. Doesn't seem like he'd be okay with her just going off somewhere and never coming back.

I would be okay if they use this opportunity to actually kill the character while introducing a new big bad who is responsible. The characters in general lack any real motivation, so it would be good to have some of that back.

So stupid for The CW to keep the show going if Dobrev leaves. The ratings will just collapse even more. If she's out the show should just end.

Hell no, it gives the show a chance to breath after all the Elena romance.

Never give an audience an easy out when your show is already faltering. People are already tired of VD and just watching out of inertia. I'd wager a number of them will use the lead actress leaving as a perfect jump off point to break the habit.

Joni

Never give an audience an easy out when your show is already faltering. People are already tired of VD and just watching out of inertia. I'd wager a number of them will use the lead actress leaving as a perfect jump off point to break the habit.
But with the female public, Damon and Stefan are a bigger draw. And cancelling the show after Dobrev leaves, gives fans also an easy out. TVD remains one of the top performers. Even if it loses a bit of steam, it can still remain a very viable show, especially factoring in international sales which are bound to be more lucrative than getting a new show up and running.

Has it *ever* worked for a show when the main character left?
ER. Happy Days where probably nobody noticed. Cheers that probably became a bigger success. Laverne and Shirley which lost Shirley. A Different World. Spin City. 8 Simple Rules. Sesame Street.

Wiktor

But with the female public, Damon and Stefan are a bigger draw. And cancelling the show after Dobrev leaves, gives fans also an easy out.

Yeah. Damon and Stefan are leads. Elena was just viewpoint character for audience to insert themselves in. The show wouldn't survive any of Salvatores leaving, but it could easily survive Elena's departure.

Heck, if they're worried they can just cancel VD and start fresh with a new spin-off called The Salvatores :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom